Premier League Gameweek 27

padr81

Supports
Man City
Talk about living in a bubble. Of course no one is happy about it. Why do you think INEOS are coming in and ripping it all up in terms of the sporting operation.

You are arrogant.

I’m not on blood pressure meds. Could you get any lower.
The guy who just complained about getting warned for something taking offence to a blood pressure joke after a game of football? Also I for certain didn't report you given your implications above. You lost a game of football and you're getting pissy at some one over a blood pressure joke.

Also could I get any lower? I guess I could get lower, I could be the kind of man baby who calls someone a "cocky little rat" on a football discussion forum because I'm salty but like a grown up I don't take it all that seriously.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Should have been 5 or 6 but the all so familiar wonderstrike out of nowhere made it more difficult than it needed to be. Not happy with Haaland and Doku's impact in the crucial games this season.

Every time a United manager comes to the Etihad to do their best Tony Pulis impersonation, the harder that mentality becomes to change in the future. This is what Mourinho meant with football heritage
Feck off. The sheer pathetic entitled arrogance of City fans is up there with Arsenal and Liverpool… but they’ve earned their position rather than cheated and bought there way to it.

Again… FECK OFF.

(happily take a thread ban in the same way Id have kneecapped a a player doing “Oles”.)

TheReligion

Abusive
The guy who just got complained about getting warned for something taking offence to a blood pressure joke after a game of football? Also I for certain didn't report you given your implications above. You lost a game of football and you're getting pissy at some one over a blood pressure joke.

Also could I get any lower? I guess I could get lower, I could be the kind of man baby who calls someone a "cocky little rat" on a football discussion forum because I'm salty but like a grown up I don't take it all that seriously.
Man baby?
High blood pressure (jibes about serious medical complaints)

Disgraceful

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Say what you want about her policies but her brand of brutal fatalism made the inevitable crushing disappointment of everyday life a little easier to bear. After all how can you be crushed with disappointment when you've no hope to speak of? Genius approach quite frankly.

Plus she had a wonderful pair.
everyone, a minute’s applause for thatcher’s rack.

erikcred

Say what you want about her policies but her brand of brutal fatalism made the inevitable crushing disappointment of everyday life a little easier to bear. After all how can you be crushed with disappointment when you've no hope to speak of? Genius approach quite frankly.

Plus she had a wonderful pair.
Wtf :lol:

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Agree with what? You know full well United are struggling currently and City are the current champions. What’s your point?

You’ve logged on here acting the big man trying to wind us all up after you won the derby. Rather pathetic no?
Considering the praise you would have gotten if we continued to square our chances and if you held on for the 1-0, I think it is perfectly fine to point out the fact that it is absurd that you year after year refuse to put any effort into trying to instill a progressive style in to your team.

It's a fantastic, active football forum with many balanced views. The only issue you have with what I said is because I support the team I do.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Man baby?

Disgraceful
Christ, get a fecking grip. You come in calling people pathetic rats, and now you're crying because he said something about your blood pressure.

I wouldn't say tony Pulis but I'd say easily in the 4 most cowardly teams we've played this season, they nearly did what Palace usually do to us. Brentford is a better comparison. We have to stop going behind to teams of that level though and making it hard for ourselves. We've been behind like 14 times this season now. The only way to get these teams to come out is to score early and not give up silly goals (though admittedly there was very little we could have done about today)
Which 15 teams were clearly more attack minded (in your experienced opinion) than us this season?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Man baby?

Disgraceful
Horrifying, I'll stick to not joking and playful banter and start calling people rats so, taking example from good old you.

TheReligion

Abusive
Considering the praise you would have gotten if we continued to square our chances and if you held on for the 1-0, I think it is perfectly fine to point out the fact that it is absurd that you year after year refuse to put any effort into trying to instill a progressive style in to your team.

It's a fantastic, active football forum with many balanced views. The only issue you have with what I said is because I support the team I do.
No you came here to mention Tony Pulis and Mourinho ‘football heritage’.

You came here to aggravate United fans in a pompous and arrogant way. Why lie? You aren’t interested in discussion you want to rub it in.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Which 15 teams were clearly more attack minded (in your experienced opinion) than us this season?
Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Luton, Brighton, Burnley, Newcastle, Villa, Wolves, Forest, West Ham, Fulham, Forest and Sheffield United all were and all have the xg and shot stats to back it up.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
From memory Palace, Sheffield United and Everton and yourself are the only times I felt a team werent interested in trying to do anything at all with the ball except kick and hope.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
As someone with high blood pressure, i am appalled that jokes about high blood pressure could be considered off limits :lol:

eire-red

Are you comparing yourselves to Bluemoon cause thats not healthy. What was arrogant about what I said? You guys say stuff like that all the time.
I'll recap and you can inform me.

OP, United played like Pulis - Me, No they didn't more like Brentford and almost did to us what Palace did. (Brentford and Palace being notorious bogey teams for City playing exactly that style)
Also me - We've been behind in 14 of 27 games this season, we need to fix that or it could lead to us blowing the league. (Thats a pretty fair observation to make given it happened again today in whats essentially a must win game).

Is refering to United as a weaker team arrogant? No its not its as 99% of your fanbase would admit, truth.
I wasn't even focusing on United in general, just that we had the same issue again with the same style of football. I never made any reference to Uniteds quality vs Brentford or Palace or Pulis.
You missed the mark with my point on Bluemoon. Assume the reason you're on here is because the City forum is an absolute cesspit, so to avoid that you're on a United forum aggravating United fans after a Derby defeat. Ironic behaviour, no?

And you've countered your own argument about not referencing United in your comments with what you're posted above. So thank you for saving me the hassle.

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
Foden has to be subbed. What an awful performance yet again in a big game. He’s a hinderance in these games for City.
Your takes on Foden and Saka have got to be the worst I've seen in this forum :lol:

Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Luton, Brighton, Burnley, Newcastle, Villa, Wolves, Forest, West Ham, Fulham, Forest and Sheffield United all were and all have the xg and shot stats to back it up.
Ohhh, stats.

I thought you meant attack minded… because you said attack minded.

(S Utd didn’t score, less possession? Only one I checked because, you know, stats?)

TheReligion

Abusive
Horrifying, I'll stick to not joking and playful banter and start calling people rats so, taking example from good old you.
I call it how I see it. An admirable quality really this day and age. If I pass away with a medical complication I hope you are happy you found some amusement in my misfortune.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
No you came here to mention Tony Pulis and Mourinho ‘football heritage’.

You came here to aggravate United fans in a pompous and arrogant way. Why lie? You aren’t interested in discussion you want to rub it in.
Because that is how you play when you meet us. And that is what Mourinho meant when he said it, despite it sounding ridiculous back then. Despite how rich your history is, despite how big your club is you have taken way to many short-cuts in trying to become a progressive team. Accepting the fact that managers like Solskjær and Ten Hag have set you up like this in every big game has made it the norm, and now it seems very hard to change.

I totally understand that most of your fans understand this, but the reason I bring it up is that I think it is absurd that Ten Hag will finish two whole seasons despite not bringing you any closer to be a competetive team in these matches. Solskjær got what, like three full seasons despite accepting inferiority in basically every big game?

It has been your biggest issues for years and I know a lot of you accept it, but in the media it often gets masked by results.

Last edited:

GlasgowCeltic

Probably their best chance in ages to actually get something at Man. City. They'll play for a draw though and don't really think they can get away with just Rice holding as Man. City will just create endless overloads on the break against their defence.

Last season they lost Saliba and had Rob Holding against Haaland so was a bit fanciful to think they'd get anything at Man. City but their spine of the team is certainly more solid now if they all stay fit.
They'll need Trossard or someone to do a job on Rodri but I think Arsenal are the better unit right now, been largely unimpressed with City against the top sides.

We had less shots against them than any other team this season. It was a cowardly set up, I don't know how people can say otherwise.
But I didn’t say shots? because I don’t watch football and determine who did what by stats.

Were we defensive? Absolutely.

Should/could we have played more attack minded (without 2/3/4 of our best back line and our best/only 9)? Not without getting spanked.

I don’t know how anyone can look at the respective squads/form and think otherwise

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
When are you going to put Liverpool in your support field?
It's uncanny how often you see random newbies like that, and you have a quick glance at their posting history, and they've never had anything but good things to say about Liverpool, their players, their fans... Their World XI is 10 Liverpool players and Mbappe... Steve Gerrard will go on to become a great manager... Liverpool releasing NFTs is a brilliant idea... etc etc etc

Why would you even bother if you literally just can't help yourself?

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

It's uncanny how often you see random newbies like that, and you have a quick glance at their posting history, and they've never had anything but good things to say about Liverpool, their players, their fans... Their World XI is 10 Liverpool players and Mbappe... Steve Gerrard will go on to become a great manager... Liverpool releasing NFTs is a brilliant idea... etc etc etc

Why would you even bother if you literally just can't help yourself?
I can only assume they haven't realised you can view their posting history. Hilariously bad attempt at wumming.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Lots of fury vitriol going in here . Are you lot sure that you still want City as your second team to keep Liverpool from winning?

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Lots of fury vitriol going in here . Are you lot sure that you still want City as your second team to keep Liverpool from winning?
???

Fans are angry at their team losing, further hampering our chances of CL qualification and allowing City to extend their lead over an Arsenal team who we want to win the league.

Njred - "Are you lot sure you want Arsenal to win the league? It doesn't look like it!"

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
???

Fans are angry at their team losing, further hampering our chances of CL qualification and allowing City to extend their lead over an Arsenal team who we want to win the league.

Njred - "Are you lot sure you want Arsenal to win the league? It doesn't look like it!"
You know and I know you will be rooting for City again once this calms down to keep us from winning. My question is how you can justify that after the gloating in this thread by the same team some of you call your second team.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

You know and I know you will be rooting for City again once this calms down to keep us from winning. My question is how you can justify that after the gloating in this thread by the same team some of you call your second team.
Most of us will be rooting for Arsenal to win league. On the bolded part - what do you mean by our "second team"? City are one of our most hated rivals, but we hate Liverpool more.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Most of us will be rooting for Arsenal to win league. On the bolded part - what do you mean by our "second team"? City are one of our most hated rivals, but we hate Liverpool more.
Look at the posts on here for the last 5 or so years. City are your second team to a lot. Fair play to you for bucking that trend. I could never understand it

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Look at the posts on here for the last 5 or so years. City are your second team to a lot. Fair play to you for bucking that trend. I could never understand it
Easy. Imagine Tranmere were backed by an oil state and were our major rivals for most domestic trophies for the 30 years when you were shit.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Easy. Imagine Tranmere were backed by an oil state and were our major rivals for most domestic trophies for the 30 years when you were shit.
A massive amount of threads and posts on rawk about how no one cares about Tranmere.

:-)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
23 years you've been on this forum, 23(!) and 100% of your posts are trying to bait United fans, do you ever take a second away from your keyboard and realise how unbelievably pathetic that is?

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Ah yes, because if over the past 5 years City were in title races with Aston Villa, for example, then the majority of us would be rooting for City because they're our "second team". Either you're trying to bait people on here or you're incredibly sour about the fact we'll always root for City over Liverpool in a two-horse title race.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
23 years you've been on this forum, 23(!) and 100% of your posts are trying to bait United fans, do you ever take a second away from your keyboard and realise how unbelievably pathetic that is?
Not true. I never gloat when we win. I never gloat when you lose. Other than that I’m usually correcting silly notions

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is there any concern within the United fan base regarding the current state of the squad? It feels like there are only a handful of players you'd want to keep and build around, but then sometimes the right manager can fix that.

GK: Onana (seems to have improved a bit to be fair). I'm not sure who the number two keeper is. Heaton? Maybe ok but is Onana good enough to build a title-competing side around?
Full backs: Dalot seems to have done ok this season but Shaw is injury prone. AWB probably isn't good enough and Malacia is a question mark.
CB's: Will Varane stay? Maguire, Evans & Lindelof all probably need to go. Martinez is good but has been injury prone.
Midfield: Mainoo is very good but very young. Amrabat won't be there next season. Casemiro and Fernandes have had poor seasons. Mount might turn out to be a useful signing once he gets some fitness. Eriksen? Good enough? McTominay?
Forwards: Garnacho and Hojlund are definitely players you can build a forward line around. Rashford seems like he needs a new start? Martial and Antony probably need to go.

There's a lot of uncertainty there. It can be fixed (our squad was terrible when Klopp came in) but it does take time.