Premier League Gameweek 28-29

always_hoping

Can see Villa having a poor finish to the season, Tottenham I'd fancy to finish 4th now. As for the upcoming game, only one victory for Man City in seven league visits to Anfield since Pep Guardiola was appointed City's manager in the summer of 2016. The one win was during covid without a crowd. Also in Pep's time as City manager they lost 3-0 in Anfield in a Champions league Quarter final.

Man City's poor run at Anfield goes back well before Guardiola's arrival. Across their 26 Premier League trips to Anfield, City have recorded only two wins.

Won't be a bold prediction to say Liverpool will avoid defeat today and knowing them they'll get the rub of the green in doing so.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Guess we have to wait for City to get suspended and relegated for the 115 and maybe make it to europe.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Don’t fancy it at all seeing that line up. Back four is really not looking like it’s going to keep that City XI out.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Don’t fancy it at all seeing that line up. Back four is really not looking like it’s going to keep that City XI out.
No faith in the greatest team in the history of football

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
City have done a good job keeping themselves out from poor finishing so no need to stress.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
What the hell happened in the Villa-Spurs game? I only had time to watch the first half and Spurs looked so shit! :lol:

eire-red

Yeah the strength in depth City have is disgusting. Makes it really hard for the likes of Pool, United etc when a couple injuries to key players really makes a difference.

If I was a Liverpool fan it would be that right side with Bradley and Quansah that would really worry me, but not really sure how City will line up with Alvarez, Foden, KdB and Haaland in the front line.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
No faith in the greatest team in the history of football
I've more faith in this starting team winning than the actual starting one:

Alisson
TAA Konate Matip Robertson
Jones Thiago Bajcetic
Salah Jota Gakpo

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Villa looked leggy, they have only had 3 days since their last match?

On the red card, back in the day that was a fine yellow. Nowadays dangerous play, this discussion wouldn't be happening if he had come in with a hard challenge and taken the ball. But he had zero interest in the ball and was miles away from it with no hope of winning it. On top of that, rather than being a cynical technical foul like a tug of the shirt he's come in with force and hacked the player down Cattermole style.

Reminds me of the Romero red where people were claiming he got the ball. Yes back in the day that Romero clearance/tackle would have been fine. Nowadays you follow through like that it is a red all day.

Wilt

Micah “thinks” it was a red ….get off the fence fatty

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah with that line up we have no right to win. Haaland should make mincemeat of young Quansah. Elliot is no Salah, therefore less threat to Pep. Keeping two recovering non match fit LBs on the bench. :(
Fecking pep luck man :mad:

RedDevilRoshi

Is there a reason why Andy Robertson is benched for Joe Gomez? Very surprised with that.

Oscar Bonavena

That Liverpool lineup is kind of underwhelming compared to City’s.
On paper, the City team is on another level to Liverpool, but shows what a good manager Klopp is that he's able to get the absolute maximum out of them. Plus they have goalscorers throughout the team so even if they're not playing at their best, they're always likely to get goals from nowhere.

marktan

Going to be the easiest City win against Liverpool in a long while. 3-1.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Will be interesting to see what happens with Kelleher once Allison comes back in. He's been excellent, would he be happy going back to being a number 2 long term?

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Liverpool are gonna be well up for it
Absolutely; it doesn't matter what team they put-out today. The question for me is if City will go for the kill if/when they have their periods in the game or go easy like they did at the Etihad against Liverpool; any wasted chances will be punished at Anfield.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Annoying they’re catching us when we are at our weakest and they’re at the strongest. They’ve had their best playing out for weeks now it seems, and barely come through a match unscathed. That’s their best XI bar Grealish maybe.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The amount of drugs floating about in the dugouts today is going to be worth more than both teams combined.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yellow card for that is ridiculous. That was a leg breaker in any other situation, he is lucky Forrest player moved his leg.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Gosh I dislike Gibbs White. VAR checking for a red card for a Brighton player but in the same move this little turd tries to have a kick out at the player. Doesn’t really make any contact so nothing much said or done about it but surely intent is the criteria.

laughtersassassin

Hope City win or at worst a draw

Ideal scenario for me is Arsenal win the League but if it has to be City or Liverpool then I'd rather city win it.

Can't stomach a Liverpool title in Klopps last year.

Would be pretty poor by City of they don't win this one tbh.