Premier League Gameweek 28 + League Cup final

padr81

Supports
Man City
One more away from our record of cup wins, ridiculous how they've nearly caught up since we last won it in 2012.
In fairness we are the only club who can field 9 internationals or there abouts in every game of it.

croadyman

Winner from a corner that shouldn't of been given
Yeah absolutely disgraceful decision and hope that referee gets demoted to the championship for costing Villa at least another 30 minutes, that smile at the end really made my blood boil as well as if I wasn't angry enough with the decision in the first place.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No complaints from me. Though we'd get done 4 or 5 given Man. City's recent scorelines in cup finals so was suprised the result was still in doubt up to 95th minute.

croadyman

No complaints from me. Though we'd get done 4 or 5 given Man. City's recent scorelines in cup finals so was suprised the result was still in doubt up to 95th minute.
Feel for you as that bald plonker's poor eyesight has cost you a shot at taking this game to extra time, fair play to you for being so calm about it because even though it isn't my team I am absolutely fuming at his blindness

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
What’s that 5 wins between 2010-2020? Ridiculous. It’s where the depth of their squad shines through, if other sides put out strong teams in the LC or even the FAC it’d detract massively from their league campaigns so they have to concentrate their efforts in to the one competition.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Feel for you as that bald plonker's poor eyesight has cost you a shot at taking this game to extra time, fair play to you for being so calm about it because even though it isn't my team I am absolutely fuming at his blindness
It was a poor decision, could clearly see on the stream it had the City player before going out. Ultimately though it's just a corner. Little bit different to 2010 when a last man challenge in the box wasn't penalised with a red.....yes I'm still bitter about that one given the game situation that day.:lol:

Losing that Cup final to Arsenal 4-0 and also the play off final to Fulham were far far worse feelings.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Feel bad for Villa. They really gave it a go and can feel hard done by, what with that awful decision for the corner in the first half and then hitting the post late on. We were alright, but once I saw the line-up I expected that kind of game really, where we lacked rhythm for large periods and never really looked like scoring in the later stages of the game. Still, a win is a win for us, so I'm pleased with that. Happiest of all for Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho who are now the joint most decorated players in League Cup history, and specifically David, who's now the most decorated player in City's entire history (4 Premier Leagues, 2 FA Cups, 5 League Cups, 3 Community Shields).

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Feel bad for Villa. They really gave it a go and can feel hard done by, what with that awful decision for the corner in the first half and then hitting the post late on. We were alright, but once I saw the line-up I expected that kind of game really, where we lacked rhythm for large periods and never really looked like scoring in the later stages of the game. Still, a win is a win for us, so I'm pleased with that. Happiest of all for Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho who are now the joint most decorated players in League Cup history, and specifically David, who's now the most decorated player in City's entire history (4 Premier Leagues, 2 FA Cups, 5 League Cups, 3 Community Shields).
Sorry, it shouldn't have but that bit just made me laugh out a bit louder than I thought. It's what they probably dreamt about growing up in the streets of [insert here]. :p

Seriously though, all three have been world class players and they deserve all their medals and more. Congratulations, have to say I'm envious we didn't try harder and hope we treat the FA Cup more seriously. That could have been us in the final instead of Villa. :(

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Sorry, it shouldn't have but that bit just made me laugh out a bit louder than I thought. It's what they probably dreamt about growing up in the streets of [insert here]. :p

Seriously though, all three have been world class players and they deserve all their medals and more. Congratulations, have to say I'm envious we didn't try harder and hope we treat the FA Cup more seriously. That could have been us in the final instead of Villa. :(
Yeah, I still don't fully understand why Klopp did that. Don't get me wrong, I backed City when we did similar against Chelsea in the FA Cup a few years ago, but that was only shown to be a good idea when we beat Kyiv in the Champions League and then Liverpool in the League Cup final in the same week. I'm not sure you'd be any worse off for getting through to the League Cup final. You'd be miles clear in the title race, you'd still be in the last 16... I guess you won the Club World Cup but I dunno how much that means to your fans over the League Cup?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Talking completely objectively here and it's tough because I can't stand the man but for what it is worth I think Klopp clearly has had every single sinew in his body focused on getting that first Premier League title for the club and your board have either given him direction or accepted his approach in letting domestic cups become an afterthought.

When that monkey is off your back next season I expect his next target and the next motivation for his squad (which will be improved in depth and quality in the summer) will be to focus on all competitions and bring in a League and Cup double/treble if possible.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yes, taking both of your points on it is correct that Klopp really does have a priority list of what he wants to win badly this season. Doesn't mean his list is more important than real world view but, for example, the world club cup is far above any domestic cup this season. But should we be in a similar position next season then he will probably go for the domestic cups and send second XI to the FIFA one.

For us Liverpool fans, yes the WCC was more important in this instance than the Carabao. But now the league is pretty much done then I would like Klopp to go first XI in all cup games and second XI for league hereon in.