Premier League Gameweek 29 (3rd - 5th March 2018)

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If City get 21 points out of the next 10 games they'll break Chelsea's record of 95 pts. Doable?

Sandyman

Just 10 points separate Burnley in 7th place from Swansea in the relegation zone(17th). That potentially gives us lot of 6 pointers. Hopefully, it results in exciting games.

Sandyman

If City get 21 points out of the next 10 games they'll break Chelsea's record of 95 pts. Doable?
Win 7 out of 10? I'd be surprised if they don't do it.
Will this City team hold up in greatest ever discussions if they don't break that record? Almost has me hoping Chelsea get at least a point. But considering they average 2.68 ppg, they'll end up breaking the record anyways.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Spurs and Liverpool will pick up wins.
There's really no room for error.

Sandyman

If Arsenal lose tomorrow...
Crisis talk at Arsenal after few bad results sounds like the perfect time for Arsenal do start their annual "resurgence" and finish strongly, and giving Wenger another contract extension.

Adisa

Will this City team hold up in greatest ever discussions if they don't break that record? Almost has me hoping Chelsea get at least a point. But considering they average 2.68 ppg, they'll end up breaking the record anyways.
As far as the league is concerned, yes.
A team finishing with about 100 point is beyond belief.

Marnsky

To be totally honest don't give a s** about the blue wan kers next door. I feel we should be more concerned with next season's challenge and have a strong finish to this one bare minimum....

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Even if Chelsea lose tomorrow and get a -5(6, due to their goal average) point gap to the 4th, their chase for a Champions League spot is far from over, since those ahead will probably all be still in contention for the Champions League, while Chelsea being probably dumped and that might help them.

Sandyman

As far as the league is concerned, yes.
A team finishing with about 100 point is beyond belief.
Which is why I was wondering about a hypothetical scenario in which City don't break the points record.

Adisa

Chances are City wins the league against us at the Etihad or if we lose against Liverpool we give them a Guard of Honor before the match.
Grim.
You'd hope the humiliation would inspire our club but I'm not convinced.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Chances are City wins the league against us at the Etihad or if we lose against Liverpool we give City a Guard of Honor before the match.
That's supposing they beat Stoke and Everton away, right? What if we beat Palace and Swansea, but draw to Liverpool?

Adisa

Has Rooney become a bench player at Everton?
Seems a while since I've seen him in the starting XI.

Rafateria

A few decent games this weekend.

Hopefully Burnley can set the right tone beating Everton, I'm going 1-1 for this though.

Leicester will probably win at home, 2-1.

Spurs will annihilate Huddersfield, 4-1.

We'll have too much firepower for a Shelvey-less Newcastle, 3-0 or 4-1.

Brighton could well take points off a despondent Arse. 2-2.

City will continue their PL domination with a 2-0 win over Chelsea.

I'd love to tip Palace to take something off of United but don't see it despite United struggling to get any fluidity into their game. United will win, 0-2.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I meant in the PL but will look at that one for sure.
I think Soton/Stoke & Leicester/Bournemouth have the potential to be good games. I'll probably flip between those two and the Swansea/West Ham game.

As for Lazio-Juve, I hope it lives up to the hype if you do tune in!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I've really been looking forward to Burnley v Everton.

First time those words have ever been used in that order.
How do you think you'll do considering City have had 12 days rest since their last game?