Premier League Gameweek 3

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sorry to rain on the VAR parade, but Martial was grabbed outside the box so no penalty. The foul is considered where the contact is first made, not ended/player falls down.
Nope. Prolonged fouls are considered where the contact ends. And because it wasn't an attempt to play the ball, that was penalty AND red card

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Nope. Prolonged fouls are considered where the contact ends. And because it wasn't an attempt to play the ball, that was penalty AND red card
Could be wrong but i don't think reds are given for penalty's anymore unless violent conduct.

Kepa only got a yellow after taking Kane down as last man last season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Could be wrong but i don't think reds are given for penalty's anymore unless violent conduct.

Kepa only got a yellow after taking Kane down as last man last season.
Only if the foul is an attempt to play the ball

ashfritz

Supports
Liverpool
I dont have a rulebook on me, but thats how I understand since there are countless fouls when a player falls inside the area and its given outside where the contact begins.

Also not attempting to play the ball isn't an automatic red unless its violent or player running in on goal. Other than that its a yellow.

Fine margins and all that but it makes sense from the replays (as I see it) and also explains why VAR didn't intervene.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
So VAR does check that one?

I don't think it was working earlier, only explanation. Utterly abysmal display by the officials in this game.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I dont have a rulebook on me, but thats how I understand since there are countless fouls when a player falls inside the area and its given outside where the contact begins.
And those decisions are wrong

Also not attempting to play the ball isn't an automatic red unless its violent or player running in on goal. Other than that its a yellow.
No, it's only a yellow if the foul is an "honest attempt at playing the ball". If not, normal rules apply=clear chance to score-->red card

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Wtf are Palace doing? So open that late in the game.

Nice finish.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Oh, de gea....

But seriously, this game has been farcical :lol:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Willock Xhaka Guendozi. That's a terrifying midfield. Absolutely fear inducing. Feel for the gunner fans. But then the front line is amazing.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
That performance was as if taken straight out of Moyes' playbook of managing united. Record broken too, first ever win for palace over united.

Although Moyes in fairness accomplished his results with a much better side.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Willock Xhaka Guendozi. That's a terrifying midfield. Absolutely fear inducing. Feel for the gunner fans. But then the front line is amazing.
Willock and Guendouzi are top talents. You’ll regret that - though probably not today!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why no ceballos, fecking emery is a coward who can't set his team to play away to save his life

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Utd got done by the referee and VAR. As a neutral it ruins the game.

Got to say naive defending by Utd though. Route one first goal. Should have fouled Zaha on the attack after Pogba dispossessed. When facing a team that dirty need to match it sometimes.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That performance was as if taken straight out of Moyes' playbook of managing united. Record broken too, first ever win for palace over united.

Although Moyes in fairness accomplished his results with a much better side.
They got robbed blind by inexcusably incompetent refs though

And then last season's De Gea showed up

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Utd got done by the referee and VAR. As a neutral it ruins the game.

Got to say naive defending by Utd though. Route one first goal. Should have fouled Zaha on the attack after Pogba dispossessed. When facing a team that dirty need to match it sometimes.
Ok we sort of gone done by a few bad calls but we were still very very bad. We didn't deserve to win this game.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
they were robbed of one penalty. Not sure it would have changed much the way things are going with them. Not like they made much use of the penalty they got.

A good team beats these without needing the fine margins.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Ok we sort of gone done by a few bad calls but we were still very very bad. We didn't deserve to win this game.
Cahill should be red before halftime, Martial then got rugby tackled turning through on goal, no attempt from defender to play the ball, red and a penalty surely.

Was VAR broken for part of the game? Serious question. They checked rashford one later on.

James incorrectly booked for diving as well.

Utd defending was poor, and too soft, granted. Can't legislate for such poor officiating though. Ogs must be fuming.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
First goal is on Maguire. Terrible passage of play from him

Second, yeah, they should have fouled zaha immediately. Then De Gea fecked up, but united far too passive