Premier League Gameweek 3

Hoof the ball

Based off the first two games of our season, they're definitely looking sharper, yes, even though they've struggled to score against Sheffield United.

I don't think you mean in it general, over a season, because that would be ridiculous.
I think you have to judge these things relative to the quality you have at your disposal. Will Leeds be better than us in terms of overall points? No, because of the quality advantage that we have, but will Leeds maximise their talent limitation to play good football more than we will maximise our greater talent pool to perform similarly as a team? Debatable.

TsuWave

Not that it’s in any way possible as Levy would ask for half a billion pounds, but man, Son would be some buy :drool:

If Bale ain’t too shot up and rediscovers his love for football their front three could be a menace

Hoof the ball

Newcastle aren't playing well, but credit to Spurs, Mourinho is starting to play something resembling offensive football. Their counter attack is looking better than ours right now.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
They're all over Newcastle. Could easily be 3-0, have hit the woodwork twice.
I know just being slightly sarcastic! Even at their worst i find Jose's teams interesting to watch for some reason.

While i don't think I ever watched a full game in the PL of Pepe's City or Klopp's pool. I know it doesn't make sense I guess it's my own bias.

Hoof the ball

I think Kane would hit Lewandowski numbers if he was playing for Bayern. No doubt about it. Also, I fancy Son for golden boot this year. Something about the way he's come out this season and the way Mourinho has them set up.

Smithy89

Bielsa is the best :drool: Too good for that lot.

And Jose still has it, as does Kane.

James Peril

Newcastle aren't playing well, but credit to Spurs, Mourinho is starting to play something resembling offensive football. Their counter attack is looking better than ours right now.
That’s mostly down to Kane and Son being much better and much more consistent than Martial and Rashford. And they’re carrying a positive vibe right now, unlike our players who look like something’s very wrong. We all know what happens sooner rather than later with Mourinho, but it’s a damn pity we can’t sign players and look more dynamic on the pitch.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I know just being slightly sarcastic! Even at their worst i find Jose's teams interesting to watch for some reason.

While i don't think I ever watched a full game in the PL of Pepe's City or Klopp's pool. I know it doesn't make sense I guess it's my own bias.
Because you are Portuguese (?) and support Porto and Jose has achieved a lot with your club ...

Hoof the ball

That’s mostly down to Kane and Son being much better and much more consistent than Martial and Rashford. And they’re carrying a positive vibe right now, unlike our players who look like something’s very wrong. We all know what happens sooner rather than later with Mourinho, but it’s a damn pity we can’t sign players and look more dynamic on the pitch.
I can't argue that. Son and Kane are simply world class players. Truly.

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
Loved this:
With 3 points in the bag we can sit and watch our rivals dropping points.

Can i get some of your acid please ;)

What a joke, the players are not playing for Ole. I admire him for always being so honest after a games interviews though!!

I_ndlovu

Supports
Coventry
Kane Bale and Son is a front 3 that has everything. Looking forward to seeing them play together.

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
I can't argue that. Son and Kane are simply world class players. Truly.

I like Rashford a lot to be fair. Get a few goals under his belt & he will fly, he always does.

The players are not playing for Ole. I admire him for always being so honest after a games interviews though!!

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren

Yes what a shocker, the special/annoying/loose cannon one is playing offensive football-bizarre but true!

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Because you are Portuguese (?) and support Porto and Jose has achieved a lot with your club ...
Yes but other managers did well like AVB and I don't think I ever watched any of his teams.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Didn’t Jose get sent-off once for encroaching onto the pitch whilst with us; seems to be fine now?

DRM

I like Rashford a lot to be fair. Get a few goals under his belt & he will fly, he always does.

The players are not playing for Ole. I admire him for always being so honest after a games interviews though!!
I had the same feeling yesterday

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Harry Winks is distinctively average. Like when you create a new player on PES but leave everything default, including the shoes.

el3mel

Nope, they definitely are. This isn't really our problem. It just that we prepared really poorly for this season.

James Peril

It would be lovely if Newcastle got an equalizer and the camera immediately filmed Mourinho’s reaction. But they’re zero shots at goal so....

el3mel

Did Son get injured? I like the lad but it will be a massive boost for us against them.

No Love

That guy Jacob Murphy is so out of his depth at this level. Woeful since coming on.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
You can see Newcastle obvious tact here.. hoof it up to Carroll so he can head it on to a Spurs hand. This will happen every week.