Premier League Gameweek 3

Hoof the ball

Saka was brilliant for Arsenal towards the end of last season. He can count himself unfortunate to be not starting these games. Could have been so influential.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
You're right. Honestly you just never knew. No one knew Ings would turn out that good, right? I mean, he was good before Liverpool but not this good.
Ings was very unlucky to have all those injuries. But he was quality for Burnley in 2014/15.

United Hobbit

Only half listening as the other half supports them so I'm stuck with them tarnishing the TV but how many times are the going to refer to Liverpool as "the champions "

Deery

Dreary
Mane’s a great little player his drive and determination is really good to watch even if he loses the ball he wins it back a second later

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What's the story with Martinelli? Haven't seen him play in ages.
Knee injury still recovering I think.

This formation would be better with Martinelli instead of Lacazette who has not the best finesse to his game every time I watch him.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
We look so much better since Ceballos came on for the Swiss Charlie Adam. Shame Atletico failed to sign Lacazette what an awful miss.

Loon

:lol:
Playing out the back might be pretty and trendy, but you don't half look a cock if it goes mamaries up.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Mane’s a great little player his drive and determination is really good to watch even if he loses the ball he wins it back a second later
Such a quick thinker too. Inventive player.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Willian getting stick, but where has Auba been tonight? Utterly anon out wide.

Watching Arsenal's defenders insisting on passing it out when they're in their own 6 yard box is horrible. They just end up giving it away on the edge of their box

kidbob

Knee injury still recovering I think.

This formation would be better with Martinelli instead of Lacazette who has not the best finesse to his game every time I watch him.
Ah that explains it. Yeah I think he'd be much more of a threat then Laca.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Liverpool Arsenal Everton Leicester currently occupying the top spots in the league. It's almost like they had the longest break from football and a proper pre season compared to the rest isn't it?

Imagine punishing teams for doing better in Europe. This league season is going to prove as farcical as the last. Covid might be the only thing to stop the dippers getting number 20.

Ludens the Red

Liverpool Arsenal Everton Leicester currently occupying the top spots in the league. It's almost like they had the longest break from football and a proper pre season compared to the rest isn't it?

Imagine punishing teams for doing better in Europe. This league season is going to prove as farcical as the last. Covid might be the only thing to stop the dippers getting number 20.
Us and city have a game in hand... Also Villa are 4th not Arsenal.
Chelsea also played against Liverpool with ten men....

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wonder if van Dijk will ever get any kind of punishment for clattering opposition keepers at every opportunity.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Is Lacazette one of the worst strikers in the top 10? Looks utterly useless aside from the odd goal here and there.
He is bloody useless. To think we only signed him after we had an offer accepted for Vardy and he turned us down.

kidbob

Arsenal been much better this half now that they are actually trying to have a go at Liverpool. Don't think sitting back is a valid strategy against this Liverpool team. Chelsea were much better against them last year when they tried to attack them.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Why is Milner, who never starts, second captain. How do Liverpool make even their captaincy something annoying.

A-man

We will struggle with Liverpools press but I also see some possibilities for Bruno and through balls.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I get what your both saying, guess I should look at distance run and high intensity sprints between them and the rest. See if any big difference.
I'd actually love to see that data if you'd find it. I'm basing my comments more on what analyses I've read and player quotes.
That kind of explains why their midfielders while all technically not that great individually, still function well as a pack because they are all on the same wavelength
It also fits well with the idea that transition moments are key in the current state of football: don't win the ball to start your attacking phase, win the ball to create immediate danger towards the opponent's box.

I know that's basically just a counter-attack, but combined with a high-press, it means that the next ball (the third ball, if you will) is way closer to the opponent's box than it would be if you're soaking up the pressure and are having to start the counter-attack from deep inside your own half. Also, pressing sides are often associated with possession football, which immediately going deep upon capturing the ball isn't.

Siorac

That Liverpool high line can be punished. Arsenal had a few opportunities to do so; a better team with pacy attackers could have some joy with passes from deep.