Premier League Gameweek 33+34

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Wycombe and Fleetwood must be having a higher quality game than this.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
How's he doing in France these days?

As a neutral I quite like Digne, Holgate, Richarlison and Calvert Lewin. There's a few like Sigurdsson and Iwobi though like I just feel don't give you anything.
Last I read he was doing really well, especially in the CL where a few didnt think he could play.

Yeah, Gylfi is fecking awful these days.

TheReligion

Abusive
Last I read he was doing really well, especially in the CL where a few didnt think he could play.

Yeah, Gylfi is fecking awful these days.
I think Sigurdsson has been pretty average since he came to you. I just don't think he offers enough.

What's Holgates ceiling?

Deery

Dreary
I’d take Gomes off he isn’t really imposing himself on the midfield at all..

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Davies is a sufferer of that disease in football that happens when you're a 17/18 year old that is a decent player. Your team is crap so you get elevated to the first team. Adrenaline carries you and makes you look like a great player and then suddenly a year or two later reality hits and everyone can see that you were just decent all along.

The more I watch Gomes too I just don't think he suits a midfield 2. He's okay at everything but not great at anything. He's one of those players you'd have in a midfield 3 to provide balance to everything but there are far better players out there. Bit like the Henderson role at Liverpool.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Alderweireld is a bit Kiefer Sutherland in Lost Boys too.
Maybe maybe. And Pickford doing his best Birdman flapping about earlier.

Everton look flat as a pancake. As others have said their lack of quality in midfield means they cannot keep hold of the ball in filter it with purpose into the final third. Their best bet may be Richarlison collecting the ball deeper to run at the Spurs defence.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Davies is a sufferer of that disease in football that happens when you're a 17/18 year old that is a decent player. Your team is crap so you get elevated to the first team. Adrenaline carries you and makes you look like a great player and then suddenly a year or two later reality hits and everyone can see that you were just decent all along.

The more I watch Gomes too I just don't think he suits a midfield 2. He's okay at everything but not great at anything. He's one of those players you'd have in a midfield 3 to provide balance to everything but there are far better players out there. Bit like the Henderson role at Liverpool.
Sounds like Tom Cleverley.