Premier League Gameweek 34-35

E-mal

They’re a matter of fact but it’s not worth it if you’re looking for fractions, or if a toe is offside. Would say the same about Coventrys winner against United.

Haven’t read up on the semi auto offside thing but hopefully it’s something which will improve things. Understandably I have my doubts with how they’ve introduced literally everything else

Well you’re right about the money thing. But it’s overruling common sense in my opinion. They’re happy enough to cite “common sense” when explaining why they didn’t send off player X in an emotional game, or a semi final, but won’t use it for other things
If they didn’t sent off a player due to the occasion then that’s on them, poor officiating.
Ability to control oneself in sport is part of the game

CoopersDream

Indeed. Onana punched the fella in the face. This was a 50/50. My only issue with it is Ederson got given the freekick... Typical refs defending the keepers.
Yes, I agree with the free kick. Should not have been.

wr8_utd

:'(
City with no real cutting edge in attack today without Foden/Haaland on there.

ForeverRed1

I really dislike this Arsenal team, and Arteta especially. City winning is just meh. Doesn’t mean much to me - it’s almost like no one is winning it. Also, I’ve never met a Man City fan in my life. They didn’t exist where I grew up.
4 in a row is enough for me to want Arsenal to win it this year plus the fact city could realistically overtake us the way they’re winning trophies.

Zed is not dead

Feck me people are really saying that Boly threw his head onto Edersons fists…
Ederson went flying with his fists the same way Onana did.

As most of us said yesterday, those are rarely given and today is a prime example

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I really dislike this Arsenal team, and Arteta especially. City winning is just meh. Doesn’t mean much to me - it’s almost like no one is winning it. Also, I’ve never met a Man City fan in my life. They didn’t exist where I grew up.
There's plenty up here, starting coming out of the woodwork once they started winning stuff.

Withnail

As most of us said yesterday, those are rarely given and today is a prime example
Not in the slightest bit similar. It's laughable people are claiming these two incidents are the same.

didz

The difference is the height of the challenge. Ederson can reasonably expect to be twatting someone in the ribs rather than the head at that height, and goalkeepers are allowed to do that. They just are.

Zed is not dead

The difference is the height of the challenge. Ederson can reasonably expect to be twatting someone in the ribs rather than the head at that height, and goalkeepers are allowed to do that. They just are.
Yesterday they goalkeepers weren’t allowed to do it though

I can understand refs being inconsistent but it’s baffling that people can say Onana and Ederson were different situations

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
How do people prefer City to win the league over Arsenal. It's just so fecking boring to have them win it again.
95% of my family and friends and basically everyone I meet daily from the shopkeeper to my neighbours are Arsenal fans. The only City fans I have ever met in real life have been when I’ve been to the Etihad to watch Chelsea.

wr8_utd

City with a lot of pointless possession really. They're doing nothing with it.

didz

Yesterday they goalkeepers weren’t allowed to do it though

I can understand refs being inconsistent but it’s baffling that people can say Onana and Ederson were different situations
But I just told you the difference?

Withnail

Those are similar: fists flying to the head of an opponent. Yesterday the player was also playing the ball
Yes if you take an extremely narrow view to feed your sense of injustice, of course.

Yesterday AWB and an attacker where challenging for the ball and Onana comes flying in and connects with the attacker after the ball was gone. He was nowhere near the ball.

Here Ederson is jumping out to make an attempt to clear the ball and the attacker is jumping towards goal with the same thing in mind. As Ederson comes out the attacker comes in from the side and they collide with each other. It's a 50/50. You couldn't make a good case that either player is at fault for the collision. Whereas yesterday it was all on Onana.

wr8_utd

Decent header that. I guess set pieces was the only way they'd look threatening today.

CallyRed

Forget the 118 charges, the worst thing City have done is murder that Fleetwood Mac classic.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Williams down...City goal. Not sure this has any hope. Was looking to have some potential a few minutes ago

wr8_utd

Forest really should have scored there. Awful miss. Fairly impressive from Arteta that he's managed to make Arsenal a way more solid and secure team at the back than City.

Zed is not dead

Yes if you take an extremely narrow view to feed your sense of injustice, of course.

Yesterday AWB and an attacker where challenging for the ball and Onana comes flying in and connects with the attacker after the ball was gone. He was nowhere near the ball.

Here Ederson is jumping out to make an attempt to clear the ball and the attacker is jumping towards goal with the same thing in mind. As Ederson comes out the attacker comes in from the side and they collide with each other. It's a 50/50. You couldn't make a good case that either player is at fault for the collision. Whereas yesterday it was all on Onana.
I do take a narrow view, because fists to the head = dangerous play = penalty.

Ederson was very late to the challenge which is reckless play, and he had his hands very low, and that makes it even more of a penalty in my opinion as he wasn’t even challenging in the air but literally went flying fists first.

The rule is there to protect players. Ederson lunges fists first at head level and was late. It’s as much of a pen as Onana’s