g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 35

Sylar

Pickford making saves no other keeper would make

Or something

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Hmm, they are everything but safe.
They've shown enough to suggest they'll beat Bournemouth on final day. That would get them up to 35 points and this big win also means they've got a better GD than Leeds aswell which was near impossible 6 games ago.

Usually in the run in there's a shock win that propels a poor side to safety and this is it for Everton.

Dan_F

Does the teams that are near the top of the league not regularly play European fixtures and play teams that don't?
Yes. I would be willing to bet that they struggle far more after those European games than they do with a weeks rest. Plus they generally have higher quality/bigger squads to cope with it.

Gandalf

I mean you literally did. Brighton losing to Everton means we should be thinking why didn’t we beat Brighton on Thursday? As if to also suggest relegation threatened Everton are superior to Brighton. It’s one game.

Stick to the newbie forum.
Somebody has found their hill to die on today. He did not say that at all but you have convinced yourself that he did by taking the most simplistic reading of his comment and fitting it to your narrative.

Everton quite clearly have looked at the way Brighton set up and realized there is space to exploit when the fullbacks push on, especially with the lack of pace and agility of Webster and Dunk. Everton have gone in with a gameplan and executed it to perfection. Nobody is saying that makes Everton a better team but it could and should give our team and our manager food for thought, we have played 210 minutes against Brighton recently and shown no ability to adapt to the challenge they present.

Sylar

I have lots of time for mcNeil celebrating before the ball is over the line

King Eric 7

He had time to go to ground and head that in if he wanted while the defence watched on.

Manncunian

Somebody has found their hill to die on today. He did not say that at all but you have convinced yourself that he did by taking the most simplistic reading of his comment and fitting it to your narrative.

Everton quite clearly have looked at the way Brighton set up and realized there is space to exploit when the fullbacks push on, especially with the lack of pace and agility of Webster and Dunk. Everton have gone in with a gameplan and executed it to perfection. Nobody is saying that makes Everton a better team but it could and should give our team and our manager food for thought, we have played 210 minutes against Brighton recently and shown no ability to adapt to the challenge they present.
And at what point did he say any of this? If I’m oversimplifying then you’re literally just putting words in their mouth and are guilty of exactly the same thing you’re accusing me of, except changing up the interpretation of what he said to suit your own narrative.

Sylar

Everton have had four shots on target, four goals, one og and one cleared off the line.