g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 37

thisisnottaken1

We were slapping teams 7-0 and 8-0 that season. Drogba, Anelka and Malouda had a borderline telepathic understanding and Lampard was arguably the best player in the league that year.
You beat Wigan 8-0 on the final day. I started becoming a football fan the month after, during the World Cup.

You’ve also done a lot better than us, and things look a lot brighter for you. We’re trending downwards, meanwhile.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Where is the certainty he leaves end of next season,personally think you are just trying to raise morale for the rest of league
It's been widely reported that he won't sign an extension, he's down to like 12 months nearly right now. He's spent longer at City than anywhere else and he's said before that he intends to move on when contract is done. When the press annoy him he says the opposite but I think he wants a go at international management before he packs it in and he always said he doesn't see himself on the sidelines as an old man. I think he'll do next season at City, take a year out and maybe go for Brazil or somewhere if its available to finish

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Poch has got Chelsea playing at last and he deserves a lot of credit. It would be mental of Boehly to sack him at the moment.
Agreed. Fought all the odds spending so little money to do it too.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's been widely reported that he won't sign an extension, he's down to like 12 months nearly right now. He's spent longer at City than anywhere else and he's said before that he intends to move on when contract is done. When the press annoy him he says the opposite but I think he wants a go at international management before he packs it in and he always said he doesn't see himself on the sidelines as an old man. I think he'll do next season at City, take a year out and maybe go for Brazil or somewhere if its available to finish
Coincides well with De Bruyne, Walker and probably B. Silva/Kovacic moving on

It will be a bit of a transition period for City but they have a good squad even with the above leaving, so the next manager should be alright. Just not Pep level, which is what the league should rejoice over

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely France.
The team with the best squad and richest resources to draw from.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
You beat Wigan 8-0 on the final day. I started becoming a football fan the month after, during the World Cup.

You’ve also done a lot better than us, and things look a lot brighter for you. We’re trending downwards, meanwhile.
Meh, we are both going to be doing complete overhauls essentially, we started ours a little sooner than you, but Ineos and the people they hired will kick in. When half your team knows they may be shown the door a downturn in the short term isn’t that strange.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It was a fun season. Back where we belong next time round :(

Firstly don't give up just yet. A win for you and loss for Forest and a mere 12 goal swing and you're golden.

And they're not relegating you to league 1 are they? :wenger:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Coincides well with De Bruyne, Walker and probably B. Silva/Kovacic moving on

It will be a bit of a transition period for City but they have a good squad even with the above leaving, so the next manager should be alright. Just not Pep level, which is what the league should rejoice over
Absolutely we've been buying pretty young player though so will be interesting to see, KDB will be pretty much cooked I think, Walker too for sure. Silva will finally get the move. There'll need to be a midfield rebuild, like a 1st teamer to play with Foden and Rodri and a couple of squad players. As good an all as out youth setup has been we've struggled with actual centre mids.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Surely France.
The team with the best squad and richest resources to draw from.
He's spoken about his love for the Brazil national team alot, given Spain is out of the question it'll be there or maybe England had I to guess. He's make a phenomenal team out of England and end Kalvin Philips international career pretty quickly.

thisisnottaken1

Yeah. 15 defeats and 9th
It’ll be 16 defeats and 9th in my opinion. An absolute abortion of a season. 22 defeats this season in all competitions (which also includes our inevitable loss in the FA Cup final). Horrific.
It was a fun season. Back where we belong next time round :(
I’m kinda sad to see you go, you did well and will be remembered fondly.
Meh, we are both going to be doing complete overhauls essentially, we started ours a little sooner than you, but Ineos and the people they hired will kick in. When half your team knows they may be shown the door a downturn in the short term isn’t that strange.
Here’s hoping.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Absolutely we've been buying pretty young player though so will be interesting to see, KDB will be pretty much cooked I think, Walker too for sure. Silva will finally get the move. There'll need to be a midfield rebuild, like a 1st teamer to play with Foden and Rodri and a couple of squad players. As good an all as out youth setup has been we've struggled with actual centre mids.
I am pretty sure that next season will be also Haaland's last at City.. 2 years in Germany, 3 years in England and his next destination will be Spain probably..

padr81

Supports
Man City
Back at Barca I reckon.
He won't go back to Barca unless his next job fails. He has said himself being manager at Barca nearly broke him and that was when they were amazing. His relationship with the club and the pressure it brings is too much.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I am pretty sure that next season will be also Haaland's last at City.. 2 years in Germany, 3 years in England and his next destination will be Spain probably..
Could be but if Mbappe to Real is a done deal I don't see Barca being able to stump up for him or him wanting to go there. He had his heart set on Real as far as I know and well with Vini, Mbappe and Rodrygo he might not get a game there.
Either way I think we're pretty sorted at the top end of the pitch for the most part. We've got Doku, Alvarez, Bobb who are all young and Grealish, we'll need maybe 1 attacker at most and the Erling money would easily cover that.

RedRocket9908

Could be but if Mbappe to Real is a done deal I don't see Barca being able to stump up for him or him wanting to go there. He had his heart set on Real as far as I know and well with Vini, Mbappe and Rodrygo he might not get a game there.
Either way I think we're pretty sorted at the top end of the pitch for the most part. We've got Doku, Alvarez, Bobb who are all young and Grealish, we'll need maybe 1 attacker at most and the Erling money would easily cover that.
Mbappe to Real probably means Rashford to PSG is a possibility

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Would Häland even suit the Spanish league? He strikes me as someone more suited to the PL. If he goes to Real, I am not sure where they would play him if Mbappe is there.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Would Häland even suit the Spanish league? He strikes me as someone more suited to the PL. If he goes to Real, I am not sure where they would play him if Mbappe is there.
He'd score a ton there with his physicality and if he signed for Madrid there'd be no Rudiger to pocket him. Real also play a much quicker game in transition than City which would really suit him. The pace that Vini, Mbappe, Rodrigo would break at with Bellingham, Kroos (who'll never retire). He'd eat Spain alive while still looking like he has the touch of a gorilla (if he got in the team)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Hey hey. No funny ideas. Hands off.
Wow. Good for you, but we don't need to know about your kinks ffs

James now, if his body is fixed we're just gonna take him off your hands Todd. That's pure profit for you to play cowboy on the transfer market :drool:

Heinzesight

Amazing how Phil Foden can play in London in the afternoon, travel to Sweden and represent the UK in Eurovision that same day. Impressive stuff.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
He'd score a ton there with his physicality and if he signed for Madrid there'd be no Rudiger to pocket him. Real also play a much quicker game in transition than City which would really suit him. The pace that Vini, Mbappe, Rodrigo would break at with Bellingham, Kroos (who'll never retire). He'd eat Spain alive while still looking like he has the touch of a gorilla (if he got in the team)
I don't doubt he would score a ton there. Guy is a machine, it is more is he suited to it? For me, his physical abilities are more suited to the PL as that side of the game is more appreciated in England. As you say, his touch isn't great (doesn't need to be) but that when in a team of the technical capabilities of Real is going to stick out even more than it does at City.

Either way, he is always going to score masses of goals.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't doubt he would score a ton there. Guy is a machine, it is more is he suited to it? For me, his physical abilities are more suited to the PL as that side of the game is more appreciated in England. As you say, his touch isn't great (doesn't need to be) but that when in a team of the technical capabilities of Real is going to stick out even more than it does at City.

Either way, he is always going to score masses of goals.
He'd be significantly more dominant in Spain, with his physicality

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
He'd be significantly more dominant in Spain, with his physicality
Not denying that. However, what I am probably trying to get at a little more is that if he stays in the PL he will pretty much be the 'face' of the league. At Real, he will just be one of a collection of players for a team.

I understand why Real and Real fans want him and are confident he will do well there.

croadyman

He's spoken about his love for the Brazil national team alot, given Spain is out of the question it'll be there or maybe England had I to guess. He's make a phenomenal team out of England and end Kalvin Philips international career pretty quickly.
Probably one of the only coaches that could turn England into World Cup Winners

padr81

Supports
Man City
Not denying that. However, what I am probably trying to get at a little more is that if he stays in the PL he will pretty much be the 'face' of the league. At Real, he will just be one of a collection of players for a team.

I understand why Real and Real fans want him and are confident he will do well there.
Agree 100% if we don't get thrown out of the league with Salah and KDB not having long left, he could be easily the leagues main man by a distance.

croadyman

Agree 100% if we don't get thrown out of the league with Salah and KDB not having long left, he could be easily the leagues main man by a distance.
Get real you won't ever be thrown out of league,middle east are bringing in too much money for that to ever happen in a million years

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Casemiro is lazy and should be pulled just for that, ok.

But for the love of all that is holy, can somebody explain to me why Wan Bissaka sees Trossard's cut, follows it and then just stops half way????? WHY?!?!?!

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Good half by Man Utd overall. Didnt really create enough to trouble Raya but it is far from comfortable

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
Worst game Arsenal have played in 2024. Somehow Liverpool and Arsenal have a mental blockage against United from past dealings, while every other team just toys with United. If not for the mental blockage in Casemiros and Wan-Bissakas head they´d be in deep sh*t of losing the title today.

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
Refs should book goalies for falling to the ground after catching an easy ball. It's timewasting pure and simple.
Also makes no sense. You want to run at United´s lazy transition defense and midfield, when they are up the pitch, not slow it down. Dumb.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
McTominay is like the sphynx. He's a decent enough player, but also he's supposed to be a midfielder and he doesn't do a single useful thing in midfield

Maybe it's time to try and convert him to striker?