Premier League Gameweek 4 fixtures (1st - 2nd September 2018)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Utter bollocks. Didn't even turn up today.

We need to wake up a bit, the complacency was so clear, Watford just wanted it more. Total waste after winning at OT to go and drop 3 points to Watford.

We really haven't looked that good this season. Lucky vs Newcastle, Fulham we were poor for large stretches but turned it on for the last 20, and we had one good half vs United. We need to get that consistency.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Burnley gave everything in the Europa games. With their tiring legs and Utd scoring 2 early-ish goals I can see the final score quite easily being 2-0.
There seems to be an intensity about the team today - similar to the first-half against Spurs which we dominated but didn't take our chances - I can see us doubling the doubling the scoreline in the second-half.
:cool:

SER19

The stats of teams who beat us then lose their next must be mind boggling

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Not sure how I feel about this. Spurs will want a response against us now but maybe our performance levels will be better after the international break.

Glad they lost though.

fd212

Supports
Liverpool
It's so early in the season and all the top 6 teams have not clicked into their best form. You can see the rust, lack of sharpness, fitness etc...By November is when we should see teams hit top gear but if I'm betting I will say Chelsea to win it all as they always seem to do with a new manager.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Good call.

We should have won by 4 or 5 though.
I was actually joking - making a statement about the negative football you play. Surprised to hear you should have won by so much which means you were pretty much on the front foot throughout. Watford game will be a cracker.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wonder if Tottenham fans will be flooding facebook with memes and highlights today...

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Utter bollocks. Didn't even turn up today.

We need to wake up a bit, the complacency was so clear, Watford just wanted it more. Total waste after winning at OT to go and drop 3 points to Watford.

We really haven't looked that good this season. Lucky vs Newcastle, Fulham we were poor for large stretches but turned it on for the last 20, and we had one good half vs United. We need to get that consistency.
Squishy-McSquished.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Troy Deeney just said that people will say they've "Only beaten lesser teams".
Love it!

mav_9me

Not sure how I feel about this. Spurs will want a response against us now but maybe our performance levels will be better after the international break.

Glad they lost though.
What does it matter for you guys?

Its a 2 way race for the title between you and city with Chelsea with an outside chance but they will drop off as their defense and striking options are not good enough. Spurs will come 4th.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

Its a 2 way race for the title between you and city with Chelsea with an outside chance but they will drop off as their defense and striking options are not good enough. Spurs will come 4th.
Liverpool have played nobody. This will be a two way race just like it was last season. Liverpool are in the race until the winter period where City go on a ridiculous winning streak and run away.

Liverpool this season have beaten only teams that they beat last season. We have learnt nothing new. They must stop drawing loads of games and improve their big game record.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

I still think Spurs are a threat and we’ve finished below them in something like 8 of the last ten seasons.

mav_9me

Liverpool have played nobody. This will be a two way race just like it was last season. Liverpool are in the race until the winter period where City go on a ridiculous winning streak and run away.

Liverpool this season have beaten only teams that they beat last season. We have learnt nothing new. They must stop drawing loads of games and improve their big game record.
True but I think they are playing with a better level of defensive awareness. And of course better defenders. No longer are Moreno and Lovren playing in their defense. That is why I think they will be in the race

freeurmind

weak willed
Going to be interesting to see how the top teams will handle the added pressure of Europe. Pity about the international break. I think the Guardian Premier League preview had Watford going down, they have been really good so far.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
The Spurs eating a generous piece of humble pie. Good, good.

I expect City, Chelski and the scouse to drop points vs Watford, it might help us. Of course, we might drop points vs them too.

el3mel

Spurs didn't deserve the win against us and they probably approached this game in a very relaxed manner after this deceiving win.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs didn't deserve the win against us and they probably approached this game in a very relaxed manner after this deceiving win.
We were also rubbish against Newcastle, and patchy against Fulham. A lot of work to do this season.

Like you say, the 3-0 against United was very deceptive.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Really though, the last thing we needed was to go in to the Liverpool game with a loss vs Watford hanging over us. It adds so much unnecessary pressure.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Thanks god Cardiff were shit because feck me, the likes of Liverpool and City would have completely destroyed us. I know we are gonna struggle trying to change a shit system, but then play the best players available to make it easier.

What the feck is happening with Watford? Ahahah! They have been fantastic so far!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Wow, Poch implying Jose's analysis that we deserved more last Monday (which the media laughed at) was correct and publicly questioning his players? According to the press' benchmark for Mou he must be losing it, eh?

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.

Last year, 3 of those 4 games - Palace, Brighton, & West Ham - came in the 2nd half of the season when our strike-force trio were on fire. In fact the Brighton game at Anfield was the final match of the season where they had nothing to play for & we had to win to ensure 4th place was sealed. Add to that the fact that we conceded a total of 4 goals in those matches last year, whereas this season we've just let in the one. & even that was down to a brainfart by our over-confident new keeper. So I'd disagree when you say we've learnt nothing new. We know that our forwards can play much better. & we know that our defence has improved a hell of a lot. Just 3 points taken from a possible 18 from our 6 matches against United, Spurs, & Chelsea last time out. I'm fairly confident we now have the squad to do much better. How much better remains to be seen.

AaronRedDevil

Wow, Poch implying Jose's analysis that we deserved more last Monday (which the media laughed at) was correct and publicly questioning his players? According to the press' benchmark for Mou he must be losing it, eh?
They were indeed haunted that Utd didn't put the game to bed. But that's utd problem and they can't afford to do that again this season. It's no secret they attack Jose at every opportunity. But it's nice to see he has so help in any way from opposing managers. Even if it's vague.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Really though, the last thing we needed was to go in to the Liverpool game with a loss vs Watford hanging over us. It adds so much unnecessary pressure.
Not necessarily, sometimes a loss can provide some much need impetus for the following game - especially against a big club.

This will be the first major test of the season for Liverpool. Hope your lot are up for it.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Not necessarily, sometimes a loss can provide some much need impetus for the following game - especially against a big club.

This will be the first major test of the season for Liverpool. Hope your lot are up for it.
True, but now it will be a nervy affair and whilst not a must win (far too early for that) certainly a very important game.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Great, super entertaining modern football from Spurs.
I hate how we're billed as one of the posters boys for this, we have plenty of games where we play tumescent football and scrape through. Today being one of them.