Premier League Gameweek 4

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That game seemed fairly one sided to me. We had 30 shots and Mane had more than Leeds did on his own. His form is all over the place and has been for a year now

I don’t think we’ve looked any worse than the other three title contenders after the first four games personally. We’ve got issues but so does everyone. Van Dijk is great but Matip is so underrated. He carries the ball so well.

If you put Fabinho into United’s midfield you’d have a side capable of running away with the league.

LDUred

It's a kind of scissor challenge. Struijk has stretched to nick the ball with his left, missed it, and then after Elliot has taken a touch Struijk's trailing leg has crushed Elliot's. His intentions seemed to be set on scooping the ball away but he's ended up crushing Elliot's leg having lost control.

Struijk is also a 1.9 meter physical monster while Elliot is barely 1.7. Makes a difference in those physical duels, unfortunately.

Massively unfortunate for the kid.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Anyone else think Leeds might flirt with relegation this season? I’m getting second season syndrome vibes.

Redfrog

Of course they did, but Leeds haven’t won yet this season and looked really poor again today. They won’t get gifted that much space and that many chances against many other teams in the entire division.

The Chelsea game was very telling because they were going to lose that game with 11 vs 11 and were handled very comfortably by 10 men.

They are not the Liverpool of old and players like Mane and Firmino are living off reputation. They don’t have the squad and the options that other big teams have and are visibly lower energy than this sides peaks.

It needed a refresh and they haven’t done it.
I think you are right. We will see when there is a game every 3 days. I think Liverpool will get done by the lack of depth. Now it’s fine as it was a league game every week but the other competition are coming and it will be important to stay fresh.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I really like Philips. England uses him as an #8, but his passing range really shines as a #6. Solid at screening the defence too.
I really wish England didn’t use him. He is bang average but if you look at our midfield in the euros.. we don’t really have options.

Redfrog

That game seemed fairly one sided to me. We had 30 shots and Mane had more than Leeds did on his own. His form is all over the place and has been for a year now

I don’t think we’ve looked any worse than the other three title contenders after the first four games personally. We’ve got issues but so does everyone. Van Dijk is great but Matip is so underrated. He carries the ball so well.

If you put Fabinho into United’s midfield you’d have a side capable of running away with the league.
You have a very good team with a top class manager but you don’t have squad depth. When the season will go on with a game every 3 days it will show I think.
Your first team is on par with the top 4 (United, City, Chelsea) but you don’t have anywhere as much quality on the bench.

Redfrog

The 4 teams that are expected to finish the season in the top 4 are all in the top 4 after just 4 games, that doesn't bode well for the other top 4 hopefuls.
Too much quality I am afraid. Now Us and Chelsea improved, there is a real top 4. I don’t think any one will be even close to the top 4.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I really like Philips. England uses him as an #8, but his passing range really shines as a #6. Solid at screening the defence too.
Thought his limitations shone even more than when he plays for England.
Hope we never go for him!

Oranges038

It's a kind of scissor challenge. Struijk has stretched to nick the ball with his left, missed it, and then after Elliot has taken a touch Struijk's trailing leg has crushed Elliot's. His intentions seemed to be set on scooping the ball away but he's ended up crushing Elliot's leg having lost control.

Struijk is also a 1.9 meter physical monster while Elliot is barely 1.7. Makes a difference in those physical duels, unfortunately.

Massively unfortunate for the kid.
Shame for him he was playing well.

But it wasn't a bad tackle, it wasn't even a red card.

Lee565

The that premier league table already, i think this is going to be one hell of a title race this season

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I initially thought it wasn't a red. But having watched some close-up replays and still photos, I'm now convinced it was definitely a red. Struijk's left leg kneeled across Elliot's calf (it was obviously a tackle from behind, which adds to his culpability), not intentional, but definitely nasty and dangerous. Struijk can appeal all he wants but the appeal will definitely fail. Dangerous play all day.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Looked another scissor tackle from behind, not quite a severe as what happened to Elliott yesterday though thankfully.

AltiUn

McNeill's like a budget Trent, he'll be a very good pickup for a midtable club at some point.

CloneMC16

Looked another scissor tackle from behind, not quite a severe as what happened to Elliott yesterday though thankfully.
That challenge tonight was actually worse. I can't believe the ref didn't give a yellow. Elliott got really unlucky yesterday.

Deery

Dreary
It feels like there could be goals in his game but also feels like they’re lacking in quality on both sides to score..

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
If you think match day threads are negative in this place you should check out the everton one I've just been too. Good grief.

AltiUn

Think Burnely have been the better team so far but my word are they ugly to watch.

lysglimt

Scout
I read from a Liverpool-fan at Elland Road that the abuse and the Hillsborough-songs were by far the worst he had ever experienced in over 30 years.

Irwin99

If you think match day threads are negative in this place you should check out the everton one I've just been too. Good grief.
I'm not watching the match and just checking the score but can you blame them? I've always thought Rafa was a really good tactician but boy does his style of football seem dull. I think he could actually do well for Everton but it depends if the fans stay on his side.

Deery

Dreary
I read from a Liverpool-fan at Elland Road that the abuse and the Hillsborough-songs were by far the worst he had ever experienced in over 30 years.
They were singing Munich songs and about Rashford and Sancho just the other week. Probably know they’re going down this season.

Djemba-Djemba

This match has been awful but you've made a good start with Benitez haven't you?

I'd have thought you'd have all been pretty positive.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I gave up on the Everton game. I would rather be getting some work done....it is that bad.

Deery

Dreary
Ive become a total hopeless football addict over covid because I have the channels but I should be doing something more productive than this. Everton and Burnley are both dreadful. Villa are going to beat Everton without DCL, easily.
That football fever thing is on BBC2 will have Cantona’s fly kick this week will go to bed and watch that instead..