Premier League Gameweek 4

izec

So it is only offside if you touch the ball. I mean this is interfering as it gets. The inconsistency on this will be ridiculous

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Oliver knows he fecked up but doesn’t have the balls to go back on it.

SAFMUTD

Wonder is this will be talked about the whole week and the referees suspended?

Clear as day offside I don't think it's even a debate Im curious at what logic did the people in VAR used to say it's not.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
He stutters his dive when it goes towards the city player. It’s clear for feck sake
This is the most obvious part for me. How has this not been reviewed by the ref is VAR are unsure? It baffles me that professional referees cannot see this.

You see Leno pause his dive and you see Akanji swing a leg at the ball also. Both reasons are enough for a clear offside decision.

That’s as bad a decision as you’re likely to see all season.

drdoityourself

Chelsea look undermanned in attack. This is 5 at the back at home against a pretty average team. Add to those 5 defenders there are 3 midfielders, none that can be classed as attacking midfielders.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Just like Potter never left. We looked genuinely decent pre season with 4 at the back and Nkunku. Same mid table toothless dross today.

Not sure how only 3 mins added also, ref redid his mic for longer than that.
Great pre-season, good attacking tactics which suit out players perfect.

4231 was good defensively and attacking.

Caicedo and Enzo in the 2 is perfect.

Season starts: 3 at the back. Players look lost, no attacking threat at all and mostly 3 centre backs up against 1 striker. Has Poch started the season drunk?

erikcred

This is the most obvious part for me. How has this not been reviewed by the ref is VAR are unsure? It baffles me that professional referees cannot see this.

You see Leno pause his dive and you see Akanji swing a leg at the ball also. Both reasons are enough for a clear offside decision.

That’s as bad a decision as you’re likely to see all season.
I don't know if they've changed the rules on this particular aspect this season, but this seems okay to me. The whole Bruno Rashford situation against them last season comes to mind. Rashford confused and slowed down the defence by his actions and wasn't considered to be interfering.

wr8_utd

:'(
Looks like Spurs are continuing their good start. Romero with a goal right at the end of the half.

Bogart-er

Supports
Arsenal
Refereeing in the PL is so mediocre - time to open up to the best referees from across the world and make it a meritocracy. If we can attract the best players from the globe, why not the best referees?

brian017

I was a big advocate of VAR but I think it’s time to bin it in the PL. The PL places far too big of a weight on the on-field decision

always_hoping

Chelsea look undermanned in attack. This is 5 at the back at home against a pretty average team. Add to those 5 defenders there are 3 midfielders, none that can be classed as attacking midfielders.
Poch mother on here was claiming they play a lovely brand of football now creating numerous goal scoring chances.

Not watching but I see they managed 1 shot on target at home to Forest in that 1st half.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Refereeing in the PL is so mediocre - time to open up to the best referees from across the world and make it a meritocracy. If we can attract the best players from the globe, why not the best referees?
I was thinking about it often. Why not hire foreign refs? PL refs are awful.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Great pre-season, good attacking tactics which suit out players perfect.

4231 was good defensively and attacking.

Caicedo and Enzo in the 2 is perfect.

Season starts: 3 at the back. Players look lost, no attacking threat at all and mostly 3 centre backs up against 1 striker. Has Poch started the season drunk?
Yeah I have no idea where 5 at the back was resurrected from after we looked much improved in 4231.

Got to try Palmer in the 10 or other until Nkunku back.

Teja

Looks like Spurs are continuing their good start. Romero with a goal right at the end of the half.
Bissouma and Maddison have stepped up bigtime. The attackers (including Son) are a bit meh, so let's see. I don't really believe that they can walk away unscathed after losing a guy like Kane.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Forest are such a tricky team. Caused arsenal issues at the end, caused united problems at the beginning last week and now causing Chelsea even more problems (Probably forest best performance so far)
We’re playing ok but Chelsea are awful - easily the worst team we’ve played so far. Even Sheffield Utd put some effort in.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I was thinking about it often. Why not hire foreign refs? PL refs are awful.
Yeah, would help against a lot of biases as well.

You can't grow up on Merseyside as a football fan and not have an opinion about Liverpool or Everton, I don't care if you "support Tranmere", Mike Dean. Same with United/City and "Altrincham", Anthony Taylor.

Michael Oliver doesn't even hide being a Newcastle fan and is now refereeing matches of their direct rivals most weeks.

Teja

Silva getting a yellow against Awoniyi would've made it really interesting - they really got away with one there.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wonder if we'll see the same universal outcry about City getting a decision in their favour as what usually happens when it's United.

zaafi

The footballing quality in the PL is massive, but the refereeing.. these referees belong in League Two.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Jackson? I thought so

Commentary team banging on about a deserved booking for Yates
Yatesy does what does - shithouses, niggles, winds up opponents - now he’s learnt how far he can go without getting booked. The result is a Jackson yellow. Love the lad!