Premier League Gameweek 6

arnie_ni

Oh okay. Another poster just said this to me as well but I was confused because they didn’t focus on Soucek when they did the actual check.
Commentators didnt expalin it terribly well tbh

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Why didn’t the city player get booked? The most blatant tactical foul.

arnie_ni

So the new rule is that if he gives advantage he cant give a yellow card later? That whats the swedish commentator said.
First time ive heard that. Silly of true. Any middle of the park foul you would rather a yellow than advantage

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Is there a specific time line?
As far as I'm aware (though I could be wrong) it gets ruled out if the person who gets it after the handball scores or creates the goal.

So handball > goal, handball > pass > goal or handball > falls to teammate > pass > goal.

In this case it was handball > pass > pass > goal, so no dice.

Bogga

After seeing that yellow not given to Gundogan you kind of understand why people throw themselves to the ground when they clearly could've kept running...

arnie_ni

As far as I'm aware (though I could be wrong) it gets ruled out if the person who gets it after the handball scores or creates the goal.

So handball > goal, handball > pass > goal or handball > falls to teammate > pass > goal.

In this case it was handball > pass > pass > goal, so no dice.
More or less how i read it as well

90 + 5min

For West Ham goal.

I don't know. But if you freeze, zoom in and check it there is a handball. Or am I wrong?

BootsyCollins

Yes because the advantage effectively voids the foul. Silly rule.
First time ive heard that. Silly of true. Any middle of the park foul you would rather a yellow than advantage
Its really stupid. The whole attack was slowed down and no punishment given at all.

Watch city do this even now this season, with this rule.

Needham

For West Ham goal.

I don't know. But if you freeze, zoom in and check it there is a handball. Or am I wrong?
It's not that you're wrong. It's just that your posting in a tone of inquiry that could be interpreted as sympathetic to the City cnuts.

90 + 5min

New rule. Read a few posts up
But still I don't get it. New rule or not. He was clearly in build up. In icehockey, he would get assist. Without handball West Ham don't get so much time to produce anything. He got big advantage by that.

You are getting it wrong. Any indiscretions in goals scored against City should be ignored.
It's not that you're wrong. It's just that your posting in a tone of inquiry that could be interpreted as sympathetic to the City cnuts.
Haha. For me it is about what is right. No matter who it is.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
City games are a weird watch this season.

You can't quite enjoy them struggling in games, as you know it's very likely they're the only ones with even a remote hope of stopping Liverpool - despite the VD blow

cyberman

City games are a weird watch this season.

You can't quite enjoy them struggling in games, as you know it's very likely they're the only ones with even a remote hope of stopping Liverpool - despite the VD blow
City have dropped levels this year, just enjoy it. They arent picking up with Peps contract situation becoming more and more problematic as the season goes on.
The league is wide open

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I would love for us to sign Rice. He's the perfect successor to Matic, and can even fill in at CB.
Agreed. Now that we've had a good 8/9 months of watching him mature, I'd buy him. He has come on well. Intelligent,combative and growing in stature

padr81

Supports
Man City
Another lethargic performance with no fire or drive. I'm beginning to think Pep has lost the ability to fire up the team, the more I see of us lately the more I think he's leaving and we're getting Pellers final season styled performances. Also Rodri, Gundo in midfield always equals sideways passing and poor in defence. Aguero looks like he's really struggling to get full fitness and sharpness back, we could play another 4 hours here and not score.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
City have dropped levels this year, just enjoy it. They arent picking up with Peps contract situation becoming more and more problematic as the season goes on.
The league is wide open
Agree on the first bit.
I really don't think the league is at all wide open in terms of the title. Other positions maybe.

It just means Liverpool will win by 6-9 points rather than 18

arnie_ni

But still I don't get it. New rule or not. He was clearly in build up. In icehockey, he would get assist. Without handball West Ham don't get so much time to produce anything. He got big advantage by that.

Haha. For me it is about what is right. No matter who it is.
The guy that handled it passed the ball to someone else who crossed the ball. Its not immediate. Read the rule, if you care about what is right, then come back to us.

cyberman

They've had more fouls, that would make sense
Teams foul, its the blatant fouls that get the cards fron which City have had more.
Looks like English football had figured Pep out anyway, all it does is get the opposition up the pitch. Nobody is scared to commit players forward against them anymore.

Paul_Scholes18

It is fitness. City players are tired since Pep is not providing them with enough PED anymore.

Dr. StrangeHate

Just saw the score, City really need to get their s*** together. I can't handle another Liverpool title.

Irrational.

Look at the amount of outrage, how many replays and discussion the 'handball' is getting. Guaranteed this would not be happening for any other team apart from Liverpool, where to this day the Pickford challenge is analysed like a war crime.