Premier League Gameweek 6

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Burnley might just be ok. They've played only 5 games - 4 of which were against Spurs, United, City and Villa.
Fair in terms of difficulty. But they've looked very bad. Yesterday obviously they did ok but it was against us and I still didn't think they had anything about them, and we were lucky we were playing a relegation candidate.

Santos J

Should be noted that for Sheffield United to even get promoted was a huge achievement. The club is an absolute shambles from what I understand and arguably have a weaker side this season than they did last. They have no money at all.

In fact all 3 sides were promoted against the odds when you look into them. Burnley are probably the only one with a chance of staying up and even then it's remote. They've found out you can't play like they did last season in the Premier League with their team. I wouldn't be surprised if none of them reach 30 points. Even 20 would be a stretch.
They didn't start great last season but it wasn't really a miracle they got promoted, they were 3rd favourites to go up. The main problem is they've lost arguably 2 of their 3 best players and not really reinforced so yeah as you say they're weaker this season than last for sure.

tomaldinho1

Impressive to turn an 8-0 defeat by a random team into a slight against the club you support.
There in lies the beauty of the caf. There are no ‘likes’, no trending posts, the thread moves on and people posting purely to try and get cheap laughs disappear.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Nah. The bloke who pays them is very happy with the result.
So is that actually at all dodgy or are they just owned by some random Saudi bloke? Although even then I suppose there's a possibility of a good old fashioned beheading.

Neutral like Switzerland

...if Switzerland was in Liverpool
Supports
Orlando Pirates
Not wild at all. Been telling you lot for ages. It's the Redcafe blind spot.
I always find it amazing how powerful Biases and the power of consistency really is Regards to human nature...

Thought it was so strange that loads of non Liverpool fans would right off Liverpool after one bad season, a season that was defined by loads of injuries and old legs...

Only 90 plus point teams can push City, and at present, until any other team does that, it will only be Liverpool pushing City... Pep knows this

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
West Ham are a very good team and well organised. Keeping Paqueta was a big bonus for them. They will cause problems for top 4 pretenders this season.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
So is that actually at all dodgy or are they just owned by some random Saudi bloke? Although even then I suppose there's a possibility of a good old fashioned beheading.
He owns Sheffield and is of the same House but I don't know the full familial connection. I read somewhere he's an individual owner whereas Newcastle are state owned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_Bin_Mosaad_Al_Saud

TheRedHearted

That’s an absurd score line and shot count. Not watching the game. What has happened to Sheff Utd?
Newcastles first goal is a clear hand ball. Wonder what woulda happened if that didn’t happen. If Sheffield get relegated from goal differential they surely should sue..the play was reviewed as well

reddev3

Newcastles first goal is a clear hand ball. Wonder what woulda happened if that didn’t happen. If Sheffield get relegated from goal differential they surely should sue..the play was reviewed as well
An attacking player can handball it as long as it's not deliberate and that player then doesn't score directly from that action.

Because he passed it on it on for someone else to score it was allowed.

Oranges038

An attacking player can handball it as long as it's not deliberate and that player then doesn't score directly from that action.

Because he passed it on it on for someone else to score it was allowed.
But the ball can bounce off a defenders foot when blocking a ball from half a yard, fly up and hit their hand and it's a penalty.

The handball rule is fecked.

IamBurnsey

It will be interesting to see if rodri gets more than a one match ban especially considering casemiro got a 3 match ban for it last season!