Premier League Gameweek 7

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Sheffield United unapologetically parking the bus and their fans are loving it:lol:

Come on Deano don't let them get pass you!

Mane:lol:

AshRK

I know Liverpool and city are above others but I feel opponents sometimes give too much respect to them. I am not saying play open and give them spaces but the idea let us park the bus and frustrate them can backfire especially facing this quality.

Needham

Liverpool look disjointed and jumpy, they are not some Rolls Royce of a football team. Quit declaring them champions 8 months before the end of the season.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I know Liverpool and city are above others but I feel opponents sometimes give too much respect to them. I am not saying play open and give them spaces but the idea let us park the bus and frustrate them can backfire especially facing this quality.
It's called fear. Teams used to do the same with United back in the day. I do agree with the sentiment though. Sometimes it's absolutely embarrassing how teams play against them. Just roll over and wave the white flag.

DRM

They'll still win, play bad and win = hallmark of champions

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Hope Mane keeps missing

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
This is at least partly true, but the mentality aspect of the game is really hard to get past. It's not always that teams go in to these games with the plan to be sit deep, but due to what they know about their opponents and the fear factor, they'll often just find themselves playing on the back foot and being scared to play their usual game. Was often said that United used to beat teams before they even played them and I think that's true of both Liverpool and City, they're scary, scary sides to play and that intimidation factor only adds to that. Especially true at Anfield where basically every team shrinks against them.

When teams do try and play football or press, they can definitely have joy. Southampton had them pinned back for a good period in the first half this season, and then after they got one back as well. Problem is that even when you do manage to 'get at them', they have the ability to soak up that pressure and mercilessly punish teams at the other end.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
0-0 is a fair reflection of the half I feel.

Sheffield looked the most to score in the first 30 minutes before Liverpool took control. Good game either way.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Happy with that. Mousset to come on and get us back to back PL wins ;)

AshRK

This is at least partly true, but the mentality aspect of the game is really hard to get past. It's not always that teams go in to these games with the plan to be sit deep, but due to what they know about their opponents and the fear factor, they'll often just find themselves playing on the back foot and being scared to play their usual game. Was often said that United used to beat teams before they even played them and I think that's true of both Liverpool and City, they're scary, scary sides to play and that intimidation factor only adds to that. Especially true at Anfield where basically every team shrinks against them.

When teams do try and play football or press, they can definitely have joy. Southampton had them pinned back for a good period in the first half this season, and then after they got one back as well. Problem is that even when you do manage to 'get at them', they have the ability to soak up that pressure and mercilessly punish teams at the other end.
I agree with what you say but I feel as good as this Liverpool side is I have seen much better side in the past who have been challenged by other (even lower) teams. Yes there were days when united of old or chelsea of old would just trounce them but there were also days when United had to grind out and make late comebacks. I feel nowadays too much respect is given to the top teams.

I know I will be criticized by some Liverpool and rven United fans for saying this but this Liverpool side is not that good to get 97 points. And look I am not taking anything away from them, they are good, pretty good but they are also overrated by the opponents in many respects. Showing respect to your opponents is one thing but to just throw your white towel is other. Barca's second leg display was the best example, they literally just were looking to play the 90 mins and run away. Liverpool that day were hardly amazing but because Barca gave too much respect they lost it. I have seen a much inferior barca side in 2007-08 take the game to us when we needed a scholesy beauty to go through to the finals. If you have some quality and you take on them you might actually beat them. Chelsea showed it last week.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
We should be a couple of goals to the good here, however Henderson is offering nothing, get one of Lallana and ox on, possibly Milner

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We should be a couple of goals to the good here, however Henderson is offering nothing, get one of Lallana and ox on, possibly Milner
I thought Wijnaldum was worse. Firmino isn’t offering much either.

Frustrating considering none of these players were involved midweek.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
Shocking misses from Mane and sloppy play all over. This is the first time we have failed to score in the first half this season. Doesn't look good :/

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I thought Wijnaldum was worse. Firmino isn’t offering much either.

Frustrating considering none of these players were involved midweek.
Gini has been atrocious in front of goal but he’s essential for the balance otherwise we’ll be ripped through on the counter. Firmino hasn’t been great but he’s layed on a sitter for mane,

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
I thought Sheffield have been fairly brave and up for it. Some good chances going forward for them.

doodle

Just realised Liverpool are the only team left in the league with a 100% record. :eek:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Klopp really didn’t look too concerned about Henderson being down again just then :lol: