Premier League Gameweek 8

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If we were hypothetically having the same season Chelsea are having right now, I wouldn’t be questioning OGS and I’d be interested to see how it’d develop. There would be some fecking frustrating results along the way but at least we’re fun to watch.
I recall Ole saying they'd be ups and downs. not sure when the ups are supposed to appear

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That sort of shot would never deflect in for us.

more likely to rebound back to the opposition who counter and score.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Lampard is talented manager. You really can see his signature in terms of playing. Without having much time and spending money. I didn't expect to see anything close to this

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So are younguns so much worse than Chelsea's or its something else?
They look far more balanced tbh. Abraham is a natural #9 and is looking excellent, age wise is similar to Rashford and Martial though but just had his experience in the championship. They have 2 natural wingers in Hudson Odoi and Willian, whereas full strength we have Martial up top and Rashford/James as our wingers probably which isn't bad but Rashford doesn't really look a natural anywhere right now while James is still raw and more natural on the left I'd say.

Midfield they have a very nice balance with Jorginho and Kante with Mount as a #10 who can score goals, while we have Pogba who just doesn't do well in a double pivot, but we have no other real midfield options. McTominay is decent, but we really need a holding midfielder that can pass it around there if we want it to look balanced and to push Pogba up to the 10.

Defensively we look much better IMO when full strength, but of course when we have a bunch of fullbacks out it's going to hurt.

Depth wise they are definitely better though, as we have 18 years olds as our depth (or just plain shite players), whereas they have different striker options with Batschuayi and Giroud, they have Pulisic for wing depth, they have loftus-cheek, kovacic and barkley for midfield depth, etc. Their defence is going to be a problem all year I think (also partially due to system) but their midfield and attack has a really nice balance to it. If we want a similar balance then we need James to get comfortable on the right, Rashford on the left, Martial top, push Pogba up and have a quality ball playing holding midfielder to play next to McTominay. Only way to get our team balanced IMO, and even then it's reliant on fitness which isn't great for us.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not to mention Abraham is younger than Rashford and is having a much better season
Fairly sure Rashford is younger than Abraham, though he is obviously much more experienced at this level.

reddev3

Yeah, so there you are. These lads are years older. It’s massive at that level.
?? how can you say "yeah, so there you are" like you were right? you said they're three or four years older than them when there's barely a year between their players and ours when going head to head.

They're playing their youth and playing good football we're not, no excuses.

padr81

Supports
Man City
That through ball from Ederson with his bad foot was class. Only player who can make a pass for us.

DRM

That sort of shot would never reflect in for us.

more likely to rebound back to the opposition who counter and score.
Well for starters we'd have to atleast attempt to take a shot, something we didn't manage to do against Az

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Aren’t their youngsters about three/four years older than ours?
Would compare Abraham to Rashford/Martial and Mount/Hudson Odoi to Dan James probably. Our other youngsters are too young to be compared properly IMO.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Don't even think Chelsea have been that great, tbh. Average game of football with some poor defending and mistakes by Southampton, and obviously an unfortunate goal to concede from Kante shot.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Chong & Gomes, who get nowhere near out first team are older than Hudson-Odoi, and a couple of months younger than Mount, both regulars for Chelsea.

Theirs are just better than ours.
To be fair, Chelsea have got a better team in general. Their youngsters are surrounded by good experienced players like Kante, Willian etc. Ours are surrounded by Lingard, Matic, Mata. Pogba is the only good offensive player for us.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Chelsea doing well lately, no? They seem to be scoring much easier than at the start of the season.

KennyBurner

I think it’s still to early to judge lampard although he’s been impressive. It’s still October and by May the table will look different other than mancity and Liverpool occupying 1st and 2nd.

Tammy Abraham is also 1 off rashfords best league total and it’s still October.....

DRM

I think it’s still to early to judge lampard although he’s been impressive. It’s still October and by May the table will look different other than mancity and Liverpool occupying 1st and 2nd.

Tammy Abraham is also 1 off rashfords best league total and it’s still October.....
Wow!! And this fool wanted a huge contract. I'd throw him in the reserves along with his pal JLingz

DRM

Chelsea doing well lately, no? They seem to be scoring much easier than at the start of the season.
Very well organised, play well and are actually decent to watch. A million miles away from our shower of shite

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Is that true? Oh dear....:nervous:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
To be fair, Chelsea have got a better team in general. Their youngsters are surrounded by good experienced players like Kante, Willian etc. Ours are surrounded by Lingard, Matic, Mata. Pogba is the only good offensive player for us.

Exactly. Get some more quality in the side. Send the kids on really good loans, even abroad, then blend them in when they have a bit more experience. They need guidance. Most of our lot are either rubbish or know they are on their way out.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Our best CB pairing is still Rudiger and Christensen by some distance, too

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
:lol::lol::lol:

Anyone else starting to think the media (and our fans) got a little bit carried away about Rashford? Personally, I don't think he's come close to living up to the hype after that great first 6 months. Maybe he's just going to be a pretty good squad player, and not the world beater we all thought?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
:lol::lol::lol:

Anyone else starting to think the media (and our fans) got a little bit carried away about Rashford? Personally, I don't think he's come close to living up to the hype after that great first 6 months. Maybe he's just going to be a pretty good squad player, and not the world beater we all thought?
Starting to think? Hasn't it been obvious for a long time.