Premier League Gameweek 8

TheThingThatShouldNotBe

Supports
Chelsea
Spurs will still win this game, Brighton will gift them at least one.

Still, United should be all over Poch after this. Regardless of the result, Spurs are in a tailspin, give Levy an easy out and go in for him.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Jesus, this is brutal to watch.

Brighton have been great, this isn’t just about Spurs underperforming

Classical Mechanic

I keep saying it. Poch does not do well under pressure. United is the wrong club for him.
Let's really consider all the circumstances before getting another manager.

Koch looks like he needs a break more than another job to be honest.
Is. It more of having to work with a wheeler dealer in Levy where he has to fit his bargain buys into a system rather than build his own team?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's pathetic isn't it?

Has Poch even got up off his seat yet? How has he looked to change things?
I don't recall ever seeing him look so defeated on the sidelines. He really should have taken the Madrid job when it was openly available to him.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
People were right when they said Poch is doing a Mourinho.
Well,it's not as toxic and I've never felt he's a coach that will deliberately piss off his own players. But there are too many who don't want to be there and he can't motivate them.
Alli is a shadow of the player he was. They haven't replaced Dembele,got rid of Trippier(why?) and rely on Kane heavily

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I know emotions are high but you can't mean this, can you?
I absolutely can. We haven’t won an away match in the league as long as I can remember, we’re mid table over a long term form table, we just shipped 7 at home and right now a 4 or 5 nil loss against Brighton looks possible.

Poch has lost it. This team is directionless and uninspired. The club shouldn’t feck about giving him chance after chance and risk any opportunity of saving the season.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I don't recall ever seeing him look so defeated on the sidelines. He really should have taken the Madrid job when it was openly available to him.
He should have had his agent approach Utd when Ole was still caretaker

AC1689

This is fecking hilarious..
If we were playing this way against Brighton, all the blame would be on Ole and how bad we are.

Spurs got tonked in midweek and are struggling and behind against Brighton, but the caf darling Poch isnt the one to blame.. its about how great Brighton are and how they look better than us.

The narrative is set.. Everything must be twisted to fit it.
Whilst I do agree in some respect, let’s not forget it was only 4 months ago that Poch had Spurs in a Champions League final with a top four finish too. So some slack can be lent to him. However, I do feel he is ultimately responsible for this slump in form and should not escape the scrutiny. For the record, I do not want Poch. He is allergic to silverware.

On Ole, he deserves far more criticism than Poch, since he hasn’t contributed to any success whilst manager of this club. He has no success, English league wise, for him to fall back on. We are woeful and our form is far worse than Spurs if we take it from the moment Ole was made permanent.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
This is probably what it's like watching us as a neutral.

I absolutely can. We haven’t won an away match in the league as long as I can remember, we’re mid table over a long term form table, we just shipped 7 at home and right now a 4 or 5 nil loss against Brighton looks possible.

Poch has lost it. This team is directionless and uninspired. The club shouldn’t feck about giving him chance after chance and risk any opportunity of saving the season.
Levy out?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Average to good players massively overperforming for the last few seasons under a good coach.

Nope. Agree to disagree.

The likes of Kane, toby, vertonghen, Son, Lucas, Eriksen, Ndombele etc are not merely average to good. We have a talented bunch of players with SOME weaknesses.

Our players perform better for their country these days.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not sure why people are freaking out regarding Spurs fans wanting rid of Poch now. Mourinho at Chelsea during that season is a prime example that he needs replaced. Despite the amazing things he’s done it just looks like the end of the road.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
This is so far a much worse performance than against Bayern in the last game. Didn't think it could get worse yet it has.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Is. It more of having to work with a wheeler dealer in Levy where he has to fit his bargain buys into a system rather than build his own team?
No I don't believe it's anything to do with Levy. Yes Levy is a tight bastard, but I think this is all Poch. He's shown time and time again he is no good under pressure. Whatever is happening behind the scenes he cannot arrest it. Is this really the person for a problematic United with unbelievable pressure and visibility? He will not be treated with kid gloves by the press if he's at United, and we've seen him get snippy with the little criticism he gets once in a while.

I don't want us to make excuses and overlook his weaknesses, believing he will be better at United, because we will be sorely disappointed imho.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
And we'll be playing like Spurs are...
We’ll be playing like shit until we buy some better players. But having a coach who knows how to at least get the most from the players he has would be a start.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I saw the score and thought that maybe Spurs had dominated but Brighton took their chances. Looks like Brighton have been on top though?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He should have had his agent approach Utd when Ole was still caretaker
Whether Poch wanted the job or not, I think his fate was sealed the moment the final whistle went in Paris last year.

Can't help but wonder where we would be now if Rashford missed the penalty.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Knowing us, we'll try and buy out his 32m clause just before he's sacked :wenger: