Premier League Gameweek 8

TheReligion

Abusive
Not the article I read but he was one of four interviewed in March-April 2022. Him, Pochettino, Ten Hag and Luis Enrique:

Ajax boss Erik ten Hag had Manchester United job interview on Monday | Daily Mail Online

So in event you need a filler manager for 4-5 months of the season I don't see why Lopetegui wouldn't be a serious candidate given he's managed Real Madrid, Porto and Spanish national team. And he did a solid enough job of getting Wolves away from serious relegation danger.

Also won the Europa league three years ago. Could well be your best route back into the CL in two months time.
So we are out of the CL now? And Ten Hag has been sacked?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Oh no not a blacklist :rolleyes: . Do you really expect him to get in the side ahead of Domingez or Sangare? By all means recall him and he can rot on your bench instead.
It was tongue in cheek, but seriously though. You shouldn’t have signed him then, if you were gonna sign a hundred other midfielders after that. Sounds like Santos was just an insurance policy just in case you missed out on your midfield targets. I expected a club who took on a young lad on loan to actually use him a bit. This helps no one. Don’t know how you convinced Chelsea to send him to you when he had loan offers from Porto, Monaco etc. Disastrous loan so far. Waste of time.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
So we are out of the CL now? And Ten Hag has been sacked?
I'm just saying it's a bit more likely to happen than Man. United flying up the league as things stand. Still a chance of CL qualification with Gala still having play to play Munich twice.

As a long term fan surely you can see the window is blowing hard against ETH in same way it was v Mourinho and OGS in their final few months and results are roughly on a par with those seasons if not worse.

I'd be surprised if he's still your manager in three months time.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm just saying it's a bit more likely to happen than Man. United flying up the league as things stand. Still a chance of CL qualification with Gala still having play to play Munich twice.

As a long term fan surely you can see the window is blowing hard against ETH in same way it was v Mourinho and OGS in their final few months and results are roughly on a par with those seasons if not worse.

Just saying and trying to rub it in perhaps?

Things aren’t great at the moment but having one fit full back at the club and missing your two first choice centre halves doesn’t help matters either.

caid

Its funny that being 3 points behind you, brighton and level on points with newcastle is seen as a sacking offence. Think its much more likely hes still in the job and we've overtaken you in 3 months.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
It was tongue in cheek, but seriously though. You shouldn’t have signed him then, if you were gonna sign a hundred other midfielders after that. Sounds like Santos was just an insurance policy just in case you missed out on your midfield targets. I expected a club who took on a young lad on loan to actually use him a bit. This helps no one. Don’t know how you convinced Chelsea to send him to you when he had loan offers from Porto, Monaco etc. Disastrous loan so far. Waste of time.
Cooper addressed the issue in the pre-palace presser. He got 90m Vs Burnley in the cup (we lost and he wasn’t great). He was ineligible when we beat you and would have got minutes Vs Brentford but Niakhate got sent off. It would help if his agent wasn’t stirring shit up on line. The last player who caused problems is now playing in Turkey 6 months after signing.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
How did Basham's leg snap like that yesterday? I only saw one vid of it and it's not something you want to rewatch, but there seemed to be no contact with the other player. Did it really snap just cos his full weight was on it when he tried to kick the ball?

cyberman

It feels very similar to the last months of Mourinho. Major structural issues back to front so while you'll win games here and there you'll also lose a fair few and season has panned out like that. Big negativity around the club on a daily basis (not all of ETH making though).

Not sure who your Solskjaer is this time though out there.
No manager is getting sacked for winning 3 out of the last 5 during an injury crisis.
It’s nothing like Jose at all no matter how many times you say it

Oscar Bonavena

Saw the highlights of Everton v Bournemouth on MOTD. Good performance from Everton but Bournemouth looked absolutely diabolical.

Hard to see Iraola surviving, especially if they lose to Wolves in their next game. Would be ironic if losing to Gary O'Neil got Iraola the sack!

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Two points dropped and a massive improvement on last year. We’re in danger of becoming a good side.
I would hope so with the money you’ve spent but just to temper your expectations a little bit we were without Ward, our first choice midfield pairing (Doucoure and Lerma), three of our attacking four (Eze, Olise and Franca) and Edouard is not fit having just got back from a hamstring injury.

I said this after our game against Utd, it’d be silly to judge your current level against this Palace side. Anyone who goes 1 up against us is going to win the game until we can get some creative/attacking players fit.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I would hope so with the money you’ve spent but just to temper your expectations a little bit we were without Ward, our first choice midfield pairing (Doucoure and Lerma), three of our attacking four (Eze, Olise and Franca) and Edouard is not fit having just got back from a hamstring injury.

I said this after our game against Utd, it’d be silly to judge your current level against this Palace side. Anyone who goes 1 up against us is going to win the game until we can get some creative/attacking players fit.
Is Olise back soon? What about the Brazil guy you signed for about 20m, not sure if he's even been in a squad yet so guess you're allowing time for him to settle in.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Is Olise back soon? What about the Brazil guy you signed for about 20m, not sure if he's even been in a squad yet so guess you're allowing time for him to settle in.
Olise had a setback so there’s a bit of talk about mid November, Eze probably longer. We picked up an issue with Franca’s back during his medical but he’s started training and should be in contention for the squad after the international break.

Roy was never the sexy appointment but to have 12 points on the board with the injuries we’ve got is quite an achievement I think, a lot of us felt we were two attacking players light even before the injuries.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
What odds on Brigton getting shafted by the ref or VAR (which will also see not a dickie bird being said by the media)
They were last year multiple times. So at least they'll be used to it. Also v Spurs in one game iirc. Robbed in 4 games total I think.

Don't recall a similar outcry. What a surprise.

Dr. StrangeHate

I am sure this has been asked before but why not have one match at 1200 and two at 1400 rather than having all three at 1400. Surely they make more money spreading it out.

Remember the geese

No natural defensive midfielder in that Liverpool side today. I feel if that was us, we'd get torn apart. Not an exact science, but something like Bruno, Mount/Eriksen and Hannibal would be our equivalent. Remains to be seen how they get on.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Even as angry as I am with the performances / results, Mourinho and Solskjaer weren't navigating through an injury crisis like this. Apart from Dalot, which is arguable, we've been without our first choice defence most of the season. This season would also probably have shaped up very differently had we got the penalty we should've against Spurs or Garancho wasn't offside by a millimetre against Arsenal. I expect the board will be looking at the context of the whole season and mitigating factors will work in his favour, not to mention there's almost no one worth taking on the market. United aren't sacking him for someone like Loputegui who himself has just been sacked by Wolves.