g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 8

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
I think it’s gone under the radar how defensive this iteration of City are. They’re an incredible football side, obviously, but with hardly any risk takers or attacks that leave them susceptible on the counter, they’re so boring, so often. Without KDB it’s even more obvious.

I completely agree. Baffling signing
The masterstroke was by Chelsea making somehow city united and us believe their 3 players were worth it that much.

They looked really flat but part of that was us choking off their midfield and their passing lanes. Rodri not being there helped I am sure. KdB is no spring chicken in football terms. They don't have an heir apparent to replace him yet so maybe there is hope for some genuine competition coming up in the PL.

miked99

Well, we've gained:

3 points on citeh
2 points on the scouse
2 points on Villa
2 points on Brighton
2 points on the Saudis
2 points on West Ham

Not bad considering we spent most of our game in abject despair :lol:

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
What a fecking shite game that was. Almost felt as if City just wanted a draw. Very slow game.

Haaland looked very isolated too and didn’t offer much.
Haaland's been pretty bad this season so far, not gonna lie. When he had his relative dry spell last year we didn't create for him, this year though with the exception today where we were piss poor all round we have put it on a plate for him and he has looked confidence shot in front of goal. He will be back at it again before long though I think

erikcred

Well, we've gained:

3 points on citeh
2 points on the scouse
2 points on Villa
2 points on Brighton
2 points on the Saudis
2 points on West Ham

Not bad considering we spent most of our game in abject despair :lol:
Back in the title race?

TsuWave

And at no point in my post did I imply that you had :lol: :lol:
I'm confused as to the point of your reply then

me: Raya been making mistakes at Arsenal, but people on Redcafe swear he's better than Onana
you: Onana has been one giant mistake thus far
me: :confused:

dinostar77

Why are people confident City will go on a winning streak? They have KDB out and Haaland seems very hit and miss. Won't be easy for them this year.
today was the first time ive seen them in a full match. i wasnt impressed. Obviously they are probably a very different team with Rodri, Grealish and KDB . Agree with those who said they have lost something with gundogan and mahrez departing. They just looked quite ordinary. No swagger of a team that just won a treble.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Why are people confident City will go on a winning streak? They have KDB out and Haaland seems very hit and miss. Won't be easy for them this year.
Probably because of past experience. They usually turn on the style in the 2nd halve of the season. They’ll probably turn it on the week they play us actually. If they smash us then they’ll get very confident and go on a good run. On the other side if we pull off a win against them then it could send their heads west.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Haaland's been pretty bad this season so far, not gonna lie. When he had his relative dry spell last year we didn't create for him, this year though with the exception today where we were piss poor all round we have put it on a plate for him and he has looked confidence shot in front of goal. He will be back at it again before long though I think
I'm sure he will be back amongst the goals but he looks slightly disinterested this season too from my limited viewing of City. You have seen him more so you'd know more than me in regards to that.

He doesn't even seem to want to move around much either

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
I'm sure he will be back amongst the goals but he looks slightly disinterested this season too from my limited viewing of City. You have seen him more so you'd know more than me in regards to that.

He doesn't even seem to want to move around much either
He looks frustrated and low on confidence. Like a player that knows he underperforms

The Purley King

Desperately poor game, neither side really deserved it. Fitting it was won by a lucky deflection.
City looking weak in midfield and didn’t seem overly bothered about posing a threat going forwards.
Haaland is irrelevant when there is no supply.
Oliver should have sent Kovavic off as well, bottled that one massively.

Zagoon

Supports
Arsenal
The title race is blown open right now
The title race is not blown open, City always start slow. There will be a title race sure, but City are still likely to pull away when it starts to matter.

City are still the best team in the PL and world right now, and still better than the rest without KDB and Rodri. They will kick into gear as they always do, after Christmas.

What we do see, are the title challengers and top 4 challengers.

Title challengers: City, Arsenal, Liverpool
Top 4 challengers: Spurs, Brighton, United, Newcastle, Chelsea, possibly Villa and West Ham too.

DJ_21

Guardiola with about 2 injuries couldn’t play his usual way. Now think about ETH and our 20 injuries….

Gordon S

Feckin hell, late to the party, but what was that? A game of chess were both sides would be perfectly happy with a draw from the go?
City were never that fun to watch but they are as sexy and fun as a freeze dried pizza right now.
Will never know how they can be so good at football and still able to suck all life and joy out of it.

Gordon S

And Kovacic escapes red after an ankle breaker that would have sent Casemiro straight to jail. The inconsistency from the refs makes it a total lottery.

Chicharo

Feckin hell, late to the party, but what was that? A game of chess were both sides would be perfectly happy with a draw from the go?
Actually, as the game went on, City looked like they'd be more happy with a draw. Either that or they were just that bad, they didn't create a single chance
We're only 5 points behind the Scousers, not a bad weekend at all

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Back in the title race?
I know this was said in jest but
the United of old at this stage of the season, even whilst languishing in mid-table, wouldn’t consider the title race over by any means.

but these group of players would throw in the towel even before the first kick of the ball in the new season

moodyred

I fell asleep during the first half and only just woke up. This sleep therapy has been the best in years.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Glad City lost this. Their treble was nauseating enough. Can’t have them winning 4 in a row and don’t want Liverpool winning it.

croadyman

Glad City lost this. Their treble was nauseating enough. Can’t have them winning 4 in a row and don’t want Liverpool winning it.
Want Spurs to do it for my dad,however they need to get some depth in January or will fall off

DJ_21

He has been huge miss for them and this is evidenced by the fact they have lost all 3 games
Maybe people will start to understand why we’re struggling with our injuries. And lay of ETH a bit. Except city have plenty of strength and depth in their squad so they shouldn’t be able to use it as an excuse.

DJ_21

Back in the title race?
I never really look at the tile race until after Christmas. That’s when you can really start pushing. I think they will be 2 teams quite clear in the top 2 by Christmas time.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Want Spurs to do it for my dad,however they need to get some depth in January or will fall off
Spurs will fall away. Arsenal and Liverpool are the only two who can beat City to it with the former being better than the latter imo - I see them as definite challengers whereas Liverpool look like definite top 4 who could pull off a surprise challenge. All things considered, Arsenal are the much lesser of the evils given the other two are abomination choices.