Premier League Matchday 16 (December 8-10)

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
That defending! What a goal-saving stop.

Edit: Can't defend from that, though :lol:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Slightly related but this guy behing me today kept screaming ‘you fat bastard’ at Lukaku and several people kept pulling him up on it thinking he was shouting ‘black’ instead of ‘fat’. Stupid either way but I’d like to hope IF that Chelsea guy didn’t use racial he at least gets a fair hearing, Twitter seems to have decided already.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Slightly related but this guy behing me today kept screaming ‘you fat bastard’ at Lukaku and several people kept pulling him up on it thinking he was shouting ‘black’ instead of ‘fat’. Stupid either way but I’d like to hope IF that Chelsea guy didn’t use racial he at least gets a fair hearing, Twitter seems to have decided already.
Aye, I really hope Sterling comes out & clears it all up. If he was racially abused, feck that guy. If he was just abused, then /shrug, I guess that's football. Either way, I kind of feel like players have a duty to come forward in this kinda situation.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Great assist from Son to set up Alli's 50th Spurs goal.

Poch

Supports
Spurs
Excellent result considering our 2 best players are on the bench. Dele has been superb, MOTM.

lambnchips

Supports
Tottenham
When is Kane going to bulk up? Still a skinny get.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Are you fried? He’s been one of our best players this year in his first season as a 24 year old playing GK in the Premier League
I keep seeing the Chelsea fans post about him being decent. His distribution is erratic and his goaltending/saving skills are average. The price is a reflection of how valuable Chelsea perceive him to be. By 24, De Gea was top notch. This is not in the same ballpark. Nowhere close.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
I keep seeing the Chelsea fans post about him being decent. His distribution is erratic and his goaltending/saving skills are average. The price is a reflection of how valuable Chelsea perceive him to be. By 24, De Gea was top notch. This is not in the same ballpark. Nowhere close.
First off nobody compared him to De Gea since he is the best GK on the planet and was already one of the best in the world when he first came to United despite him taking time to adjust to the physicality of the EPL. Kepa's distribution is at times suspect but his kicking is one of his best aspects while his "saving skills" is perhaps his most elite attribute so I'm certain you have no idea what your taking about and probably watched Kepa 1-3 times before at most.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Really good win that while resting two of their biggest names for the Barcelona match.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
First off nobody compared him to De Gea since he is the best GK on the planet and was already one of the best in the world when he first came to United despite him taking time to adjust to the physicality of the EPL. Kepa's distribution is at times suspect but his kicking is one of his best aspects while his "saving skills" is perhaps his most elite attribute so I'm certain you have no idea what your taking about and probably watched Kepa 1-3 times before at most.
That was elite against Wolves?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We had plenty of time to recover, Sane walking back like an arse caused that goal. All he had to do what get in front of Kante but he strolled back like he didn't give a shite.
Perhaps but because David Luiz beat the press with the initial long ball to pedro, your whole defensive shape was disturbed. Kyle Walker was about five yards behind Willian at one stage. The whole was disrupted. That would never happen under Mourinho or simone. Not saying they are better. For me Peps system is the best and he is the best at it. But like any system it is flawed.

Barcelona and Bayern under pep used do the same. Defend at your opponents end. But you cannot let them beat the press. I think when Luiz played the long ball there were four city players near him or in and around the same area. What City often do if the press is beaten in MF is foul the player. A tactical foul.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Subbing Sane wasn't the greatest decision either. He was their most active player in the 1st half and his speed is just lethal, should've let him play longer IMO.
Agreed. Thought he was most dangerous. I would have subbed Sterling.

Billy Bigalow

Supports
Liverpool
Just watched Chelsea and City.

Tim Sherwood at half time: "I would rather be in Pep's dressing room ... than Sari's". What a plank!

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I've just seen Chicharito's goal. I'm not necessarily saying I'd want him back but damn the boy can finish. If we could give Rashford that predatory instinct he'd be unstoppable.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
You seem to talk about the money city spend without a hint of irony. Did you know Chelsea have spent 4.5 billion in the prem adjusted for inflation, that's a billion and a half more than city.
I like how City fans suddenly turn into experts on the world finance the moment somebody mentions their club spending. I'm not taking some moral stand here, I know Chelsea spent a lot, but we're talking about current squads/teams/managers, not what happened 10-15 years ago. My reply was about comparing Sarri's job vs Guardiola's and City current squad is easily 200 mil more expensive than ours.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I like how City fans suddenly turn into experts on the world finance the moment somebody mentions their club spending. I'm not taking some moral stand here, I know Chelsea spent a lot, but we're talking about current squads/teams/managers, not what happened 10-15 years ago. My reply was about comparing Sarri's job vs Guardiola's and City current squad is easily 200 mil more expensive than ours.
And funny how "adjusted to inflation" is taken as fact.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
That was elite against Wolves?
Yea ok cool..one game. I just said de gea is the best goalie on the planet but if we look at Arsenal’s first goal on Wednesday I can say the same for him. Don’t be obtuse...kepa is a quality keeper and I’m sure most who actually watch him would say the same

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Disgraceful, the police need to deal with it and if they're proved guilty they should be dealt with severely and banned from attending for life.

I've dealt with our fans on Match days a lot in the past as I used to run a pub near the ground from 2003-8, and frankly some are scum. Once had a guy threaten to glass me in front of his wife and kids... Battles with away fans, Spurs and of course Leeds which was probably the worst in 2003.

Sara125

I don't get this hard-on for Liverpool from certain members on this forum, they've been irrelevant for all of the 17 years I've been supporting United, barring that one season in 08/09. City on the other hand have been annoying over the last 8 years, so yes I dislike them more, they've started to make us irrelevant in our own City. If you guys have some boner over Liverpool then feel free to continue with it, but I don't care about them, I dislike City more.
This, this and this. I had people jumping down my throat in that ‘Would you want united to lose the fa cup final if it meant Liverpool didn’t win the CL’ thread for saying no, because I care about united’s success more.

The reality is I’m only 21, about to be 22 soon. I wasn’t alive when the Liverpool-United rivalry was at it’s peak; and I only got into football properly about ten years ago, when I was about 11 and it was 2008- around the time when the takeover happened and city was on the come up and were beginning to become a real threat to united so for these reasons I hate them more than Liverpool. If this makes me unpopular with the #TopReds on here then so be it.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Newcastle equalise. Perez. Rondon nearly scored with a freekick that bounced down the wrong side of the line. 1-1.

kyofusho

Excellent Newcastle equaliser. 1-1 after Rondon hit the bar he delivers a pinpoint cross for Perez to glance in. Great goal.