Premier League Matchday 6

Dudu

If Brighton beat Palace, they go top of the table.. :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Did Liverpool get a red card? They were atrocious in the last 15 minutes
That's how they played against us with 10 men. Penned us back for 10-15 mins, then it just became a very chaotic, haphazard with them just pinging long balls into the box and hope for the best.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Our back line looked like they'd been on a hard bender last night. Too many Lovren homages out there.

Still, happy to see Thomas Frank making an impression in the Premier league. And at least we go top with the point anyway.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
This is the epitomy of shit defending. I acknowledge it. VvD was lacklustre in controlling his men at the back. Matip, my favourite, was Toney's and Mbueno's bitch all night. And Trent. Oh my God. Serious defensive regression from him.

Robertson was panicking all night too. Let's hope that's the end of that shit defending. Sort it out Klopp.
Both Gomez and Konaté are better players than Matip. At least one of them should play when they are fit. Honestly Konaté is probably the best defender you've got, or will be if he gets to play.

Winrar

If Brighton beat Palace, they go top of the table.. :lol:
Imagine the scenes if they win the PL like Leicester 15/16 (however unlikely that looks at the moment since they haven't played against any of top 6 yet)

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Both Gomez and Konaté are better players than Matip. At least one of them should play when they are fit. Honestly Konaté is probably the best defender you've got, or will be if he gets to play.
Gomez is better on his best days, but also a bit more prone to poor performances.
I don't know, tonight wasn't representative for any of our defenders regular level. There will be a hard retrospective to be made from tonight for all of them.

I am excited about Konate for the long term but he was no more than OK in his first game.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
This is the epitomy of shit defending. I acknowledge it. VvD was lacklustre in controlling his men at the back. Matip, my favourite, was Toney's and Mbueno's bitch all night. And Trent. Oh my God. Serious defensive regression from him.

Robertson was panicking all night too. Let's hope that's the end of that shit defending. Sort it out Klopp.
I called this a few weeks back if you remember. I said you were allowing way more dangerous situations to be created against you than I'd seen in previous years.

Side on the wane, albeit still very good

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I called this a few weeks back if you remember. I said you were allowing way more dangerous situations to be created against you than I'd seen in previous years.

Side on the wane, albeit still very good
But it takes opposition like Brentford to bravely follow that thought process through. Other teams are just fearful of us and go low block.

I'm afraid for you, this was a one of because Brighton, Villa, Southampton will not go for it like Brentford did.

GaryLifo

But it takes opposition like Brentford to bravely follow that thought process through. Other teams are just fearful of us and go low block.

I'm afraid for you, this was a one of because Brighton, Villa, Southampton will not go for it like Brentford did.
Did you not lose to all three of those sides last season?

SATA

I feel better now with the Brentford’s result but it kind of pisses me off that we would be joint top had Bruno converted the penalty. Every point at this level is important even though it’s only a draw

Becks00

Not sure about Southampton, but going by the way the other two have played so far this season, they definitely ain't playing no low block against you.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Did you not lose to all three of those sides last season?
Things that happened "last season" don't always apply to this season. For example I don't remember you losing to Villa last season. Or almost ever.

GaryLifo

Things that happened "last season" don't always apply to this season. For example I don't remember you losing to Villa last season. Or almost ever.
thats right, last season you didn’t have Van dijk and you were letting in goals. Now he’s back, that won’t happen again.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
As things stand there's a point between 1st and 4th, not exactly doom and gloom is it? Gonna be a long season though that's for sure.

This. He’s passing the audition
I would be ok with that but he would make a lot of sense for Arsenal too. They will, or at least should be, more desperate than us to sign him.
Presume this is a joke
Wouldn't be surprised if it was serious knowing the CAF! CAF clamours for Potter and if he somehow got the job and sent the club into free fall, people would claim never wanted him anyway.

Cantonaaa!

As things stand there's a point between 1st and 4th, not exactly doom and gloom is it? Gonna be a long season though that's for sure.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was serious knowing the CAF! CAF clamours for Potter and if he somehow got the job and sent the club into free fall, people would claim never wanted him anyway.
To clarify, I’m Ole in. I meant in the case of Ole getting the sack somewhere down the line, I would be fine with Potter as a replacement, if he keeps up his trajectory that is.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That result today felt like a defeat. Always does when you’ve led twice in the second half and still don’t win. Horrible defending for all of their goals.

It seems quite obvious that all four of City, United, Liverpool & Chelsea have issues. I’d expect whoever wins the league to do so on the mid to high 80’s. Gone is the era of City and Liverpool breaking 90 points and needing that tally to win it.

Fair play to Brentford. Gave as good as they got and never gave up. Great addition to the league so far.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
That result today felt like a defeat. Always does when you’ve led twice in the second half and still don’t win. Horrible defending for all of their goals.

It seems quite obvious that all four of City, United, Liverpool & Chelsea have issues. I’d expect whoever wins the league to do so on the mid to high 80’s. Gone is the era of City and Liverpool breaking 90 points and needing that tally to win it.

Fair play to Brentford. Gave as good as they got and never gave up. Great addition to the league so far.
Identified your weakness and exploited it to be fair.

Cracking game of football, amazing atmosphere and if it wasn't for VVD I think we probably would have won it ;)

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Identified your weakness and exploited it to be fair.

Cracking game of football, amazing atmosphere and if it wasn't for VVD I think we probably would have won it ;)
Yeah but most teams either don’t have the personnel or the know how to pull that off. I don’t think Van Dijk and Matip had good games either. No idea why we didn’t adapt to try and cope with that overload at the back post.

I think Salah should’ve killed it at 3-2 with that one on one. Your keeper made a crazy save from Jota in the first half too. He was very good.

I think 3-3 was a fair reflection of the game. You’ve definitely got enough to stay up.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.

Atleast you have a WC manager who has proven he is capable of getting something even if he doesn't have the strongest of squads. Imagine having someone like Ole :(

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Atleast you have a WC manager who has proven he is capable of getting something even if he doesn't have the strongest of squads. Imagine having someone like Ole :(
Yeah seeing similar patterns already with Ole this season. I didn’t think you were ever in control of the games against Southampton and Wolves and missed a trick not signing a DM. You’re top heavy with a good back four. Ronaldo, Fernandes & co can’t come up with individual brilliance every week. You have to control games and impose yourselves on teams.

Curious to see how that Everton game goes next week.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I’ve just realised that 19 teams have lost at least once from their opening six games, with us the only unbeaten team left.

Is that normal? Fairly certain more teams remain unbeaten longer in previous seasons.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Kaveh Solekhol interviewing Poundland Pep about the North London derby as if it’s peak El Classico. “What’s it like to play in a game of this stature?”

No one cares mate outside of North London

Zoo

Saddens me that I’m watching Romeu thinking he’d walk into our midfield right now.