Premier League Matchweek 1(!) August 13 - 15

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM

It's back, at last!

Games on Sunday and Monday look great, looking forward to all of them. My main hope is that West Ham can get something off of Chelsea, start this season in the same way as the last.

We'll struggle against Liverpool, with the ridiculous centre-back situation. Koscielny just back from holiday (won't start), and Gabriel and Mertesacker out with long term injuries. If we signed Mustafi in time it would have been a huge help, but I doubt he'll play for us until September. The fitness of Ramsey and Sanchez will be very important as well - I think this might be very high scoring, which probably wouldn't benefit us. A tighter game would be more to our advantage. Looking forward to seeing if Iwobi can continue his form from the end of last season (and pre-season) too, he looks like a very intelligent, talented player.

Last edited:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hull 0 v 10 Leicester
I hope that's not a prediction of how many players each team will be able to field because Leicester will definitely have 11.

So excited for the new season, annoying that we have to wait the extra day for our game though.

Mihai

I just hope Moyes works his magic and gets something from the city game and us beat Bournemouth.

Plus the obvious Pogba appearence :)

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I'm in London over the weekend but don't know exactly how many games I'll be able to see, I'm with a couple of friends who aren't huge football fans. Have managed to impose a pub stop on Sunday for the Utd game, but I think that'll be as good as it gets. Can't wait for the season to begin in any case, it's been too long.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
Hull 0-3 Leicester
Burnley 0-2 Swansea
Crystal Palace 1-0 West Brom
Everton 1-1 Tottenham
Middlesbrough 2-1 Stoke
Southampton 1-1 Watford
Manchester City 4-0 Sunderland
Bournemouth 0-3 Manchester United
Arsenal 2-2 Liverpool
Chelsea 2-1 West Ham

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Some crackers this opening weekend. Bludfam vs the Scouse and Chavs vs West 'am will be good.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Really looking forward to City - Sunderland tomorrow. I'm hoping we'll see McNair and Januzaj play some part, and how well this City team takes to Guardiola's tactics/how well Guardiola's tactics take to the PL.

Raw

It's been too long, I can't wait :devil:

Hull 0-3 Leicester
Burnley 1-2 Swansea
Crystal Palace 2-1 West Brom
Everton 2-2 Tottenham
Middlesbrough 1-0 Stoke
Southampton 0-0 Watford
Manchester City 3-1 Sunderland
Bournemouth 0-2 Manchester United
Arsenal 2-3 Liverpool
Chelsea 2-1 West Ham

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Got my stock of cider ready for the weekend. Won't be going anywhere or doing much that's for sure. Oh footie, how I've missed you! :D

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Hull 0-2 Leicester
Burnley 1-1 Swansea
Crystal Palace 2-1 West Brom
Everton 1-1 Tottenham
Middlesbrough 1-0 Stoke
Southampton 2-1 Watford
Manchester City 4-0 Sunderland
Bournemouth 1-1 Manchester United
Arsenal 1-2 Liverpool
Chelsea 2-2 West Ham

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Hull 1-3 Leicester
Burnley 3-1 Swansea
Crystal Palace 0-0 West Brom
Everton 2-1 Tottenham
Middlesbrough 1-1 Stoke
Southampton 0-0 Watford
Manchester City 2-0 Sunderland
Bournemouth 0-3 Manchester United
Arsenal 1-3 Liverpool
Chelsea 1-1 West Ham

Maxin

I come to your team n I feck things up, I'm Moyes
My main hope is that we win.
0-3 Zlatan x2 Martial

madRedDevil07

Everton vs Spurs would be a cracker of a match. It will be a decent indication of how good new signings are for spurs and the much hyped team cohesion.
West Ham are not going to sit back and defend at SB. I can see at least 1 header goal in this match just by looking at the height of players present in both the teams.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Can only see Liverpool battering Arsenal at the Emirates given the fitness issues - the crowd reactions to that, especially to Wenger, will be interesting.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Hull 0-1 Leicester
Burnley 1-1 Swansea
Everton 2-1 Tottenham
Middlesbrough 2-0 Stoke
Southampton 1-1 Watford
Manchester City 2-1 Sunderland
Bournemouth 0-1 Manchester United
Arsenal 2-2 Liverpool
Chelsea 1-1 West Ham

Beddytear

Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Been looking forward to this for weeks, even moreso when I got the FF2 season preview mag last week :drool:

Hull 0-9 Leicester (Vardy all 9 goals)
Burnley 0-0 Swansea (no shots on goal, no corners and 100% of possession in the middle third)
Crystal Palace 4-4 West Brom (Berahino scoring all 8 goals in a conflicted emotional rage as he decides where his loyalties lie)
Everton 1-1 Tottenham (Eric Dier to stay on the pitch despite several reckless slide tackles)
Middlesbrough 1-2 Stoke (Arnautovic to flick in the winner with his stupid ponytail)
Southampton 3-1 Watford (Watford to change manager at half time, and then change again after 70 minutes)
Manchester City 12-0 Sunderland (great character from Sunderland though)
Bournemouth 0-3 Manchester United (Ibrahimovic scores perfect hattrick - bicycle kick left foot/right foot, and diving header from outside the box)
Arsenal 2-2 Liverpool (Arsenal to bottle 2-0 lead after 89 minutes, with Wenger announcing he's once again signed Kim Kallstrom before concluding their transfer window business is complete)
Chelsea 0-1 West Ham (Conte receives post-match Oscar for touching antics)

Dazzmondo

Hull 0-3 Leicester
Burnley 2-0 Swansea
Everton 1-2 Tottenham
Middlesbrough 2-1 Stoke
Southampton 1-0 Watford
Manchester City 2-0 Sunderland
Bournemouth 0-4 Manchester United
Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool
Chelsea 1-1 West Ham

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I just hope Moyes works his magic and gets something from the city game and us beat Bournemouth.

Plus the obvious Pogba appearence :)

You haven't paid much attention lately, i assume?
Pogba is suspended for 2 yellow cards in the Italian cup :(

Gazza

Predictions
Saturday games will be boring. All of them. Most of the games will have 2 goals in them, maximum. MOTD will be boring as feck but Gary Ears will say some variant of "Great to have the footy back" with some knowing raise of the eyebrows and his typically smug face.

Sunday
MUFC gonna lost to Bournemouth :(
Liverpool gonna beat Arsenal, but a dull game, a penalty will decide the outcome
These results will be highlighted in May as evidence of how misleading the first day can be

Monday
A proper good football match. 2-2

Tuesday
I'll have lost some money and resolved not to make any more predictions for the rest of the season

doodle

How many Friday night games are there this season?

Mr Smith

Really looking forward to City - Sunderland tomorrow. I'm hoping we'll see McNair and Januzaj play some part, and how well this City team takes to Guardiola's tactics/how well Guardiola's tactics take to the PL.
Weird to have kind of a reason to root for Sunderland, always loathed them tbh. But it'll be nice to see a few familiar faces in the same side.

Also quite looking forward to seeing how Guardiola's City shapes up. Rivalries aside, he's hands down the most interesting tactical coach in the world. Can't wait to see some of his fullback experiments in real time.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Weird to have kind of a reason to root for Sunderland, always loathed them tbh. But it'll be nice to see a few familiar faces in the same side.
Despite not liking Sunderland and Moyes themselves, I'll "root" for them against our rivals. Other than that, I'm just looking forward to seeing how well McNair and Januzaj do really.

Gregawa

I'm so happy football is back. Living in Malta and when the football isn't on their national sport is either politics or water polo and I have an interest in none of those things.

Going for Leicester, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Tottenham, Middlesborough, Southampton and City.

I'm hoping Match of the Day do something incredible with their opening credits for the new season too.