Premier League Matchweek 22 (Jan 21-22)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You'd think they'd push on from this....if Liverpool nick points against Chelsea I genuinely think it's up for grabs.
They'll get torched at the bridge and that will be the end of the "title race"

NYAS

Trust me european refs are bad all around. We should start signing refs from South America :lol::lol::lol:
Please, no. I had the fecking time of my life in the summer of 2015 when watching the Copa. South American referees are absolutely hilarious.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This has been a crazy season for Arsenal in terms of luck, this is without doubt the worst they have played in the last 6-8 seasons but they have had so much luck it is beyond belief. Keep believing that it will catch up with them but it just doesn't seem to stop.
And it has to come in the season which the top 6 is at its most competitive. :annoyed:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Can someone remind me why there's no PL fixtures next weekend? Why are they all the following Tuesday/Wednesday?

themoyesboy

Yes he was offside but it's a really close decision. As the ball is played he darts back to appear onside so we're talking fractions of a second, and they are told to give the attackers the benefit of doubt.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Arsenal just seem to have this incredible resilience in doing whatever it takes to qualify for the next season's Champions League.

Stark contrast to what they actually do during the current season's.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Uninspiring sunday of football.

Will watch the Chelsea match until they score the first one.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
League position aside, we are a better side as well. Completely dominated them at old Trafford.
This is easily one of the worst Arsenal sides I've seen in the last 15 years. You'd have to think their luck will run out eventually.

Guy Incognito

:lol:

They're fecking shit. Chelsea, Liverpool & City are all better sides.
City have a better squad, but they don't have a functional first eleven. Liverpool are defensively suspect. Arsenal just know how to beat the inferior sides, that's why they always finish in the top four.

They scored late against Leicester last season and it meant f all in terms of the title. Hence why I said you'd think they would push on....but they never learn from past errors.

They got lucky today but they tend to run out of steam in March and April, so Chelsea shouldn't worry. But given the circumstances (Wenger's last season, contract sagas), it may work to their advantage.

I actually think Chelsea could be clawed back....it may all depend on the Anfield game.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Those are hard to call when the offside player is moving back towards being onside as the ball is played. I sympathise with linesmen for those calls, they are the most difficult in real time. Video technology surely can't be far away. Offside is so often wrongly called, or not called when a player is offside. Officiating is just a guessing game for a lot of decisions.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I'm not saying it never happens, but I've never seen a ref overrule his assistant for an offside decision in this kind of scenario.
It'll occasionally happen for other reasons (e.g. interfering with play, defender playing the final pass) but not like today.
Its rare alright but I remember a ref giving a goal against City despite the fact the linesman's flag was up think it was last season. he was right too and the linesman was wrong. But yeah, yesterdays decision with Walker was more on the linesman too. I think officials should be punished as a team.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How the hell do you concede a penalty in extra time while playing with 1 man more, after having forced a penalty yourself in extra time to make it 1-1? Fecking Burnley man

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This is, on the contrary, one of the more effective Arsenal sides. They know how to grind results like they did against us, Swansea and are way more clinical and ruthless against the weaker sides. That being said, they won't win the league but top 4 is given for them

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If we had got that penalty in the 97th minute, there would be a national outcry and a government enquiry.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
fecking get in. That was a jumping up and down, hug the stranger next to you type of game. Absolutely loved it. No idea if they were penalties, don't care now. Looking forward to seeing what Wenger got sent off for. :lol:

NoLookPasser

Penalty not given to Leicester for foul by Bellerin, soft penalty against Southampton, penalty not given for foul on Valencia in our match and two winners against Burnley which should not have stood and there are a few more too which I can't recall. So many refereeing decisions have gone in their favour this season. I can't think of any refereeing decisions which have gone against them which have cost them points this season. They have been the worst team out of all the top 6. Surely their luck has to run out soon.

Sylar

Its a penalty to Arsenal given the offside is missed. But that offside should not be missed at all. The linesman is in perfect position to see it, hes in line, the arsenal player is on his side so he should have no obstructions.

Once again, officials dictating the result of a game by being inept.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
City have a better squad, but they don't have a functional first eleven. Liverpool are defensively suspect. Arsenal just know how to beat the inferior sides, that's why they always finish in the top four.

They scored late against Leicester last season and it meant f all in terms of the title. Hence why I said you'd think they would push on....but they never learn from past errors.

They got lucky today but they tend to run out of steam in March and April, so Chelsea shouldn't worry. But given the circumstances (Wenger's last season, contract sagas), it may work to their advantage.

I actually think Chelsea could be clawed back....it may all depend on the Anfield game.
By getting dodgy 98th penalties? That's one hell of a game plan! :wenger:

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Going to wack a bet on Arsenal to finish outside the top 4. They are crap and their luck will run out soon.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Please, no. I had the fecking time of my life in the summer of 2015 when watching the Copa. South American referees are absolutely hilarious.
So are the european ones. So what's left? Penguins from Antarctica? :lol:

Nevermind VAR, what we need are robot-refs :lol:

djmanj

Supports
Arsenal
Jeez! the reactions in here are hilarious but what a game of football. Smashing!

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Penalty not given to Leicester for foul by Bellerin, soft penalty against Southampton, penalty not given for foul on Valencia in our match and two winners against Burnley which should not have stood and there are a few more too which I can't recall. So many refereeing decisions have gone in their favour this season. I can't think of any refereeing decisions which have gone against them which have cost them points this season. They have been the worst team out of all the top 6. Surely their luck has to run out soon.
You didn't see a clear penalty over Mustafi earlier on? It would've killed the match much earlier, but I guess we were just being lucky when the ref didn't see it...

twitter thread suggester
So what is that, the fourth time the officials have gifted Arsenal a win in stoppage time this season?