Premier League Season Awards 20/21

Raw

Player of the Season: De Bruyne, Ruben Dias, Bruno Fernandes, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, Mason Mount, Mohamed Salah, Tomas Soucek

Manager of the Season: Marcelo Bielsa, Pep Guardiola, David Moyes, Brendan Rodgers, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Goal of the Season: Maddison v Man City, Lanzini v Spurs, Aina v West Brom, Haller v Palace, Salah v West Ham, Bruno v Everton, Lamela v Arsenal, Lingard v Wolves, Cavani v Fulham

Young Player of the Season: Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Ruben Dias, Phil Foden, Illan Meslier, Mason Mount, Marcus Rashford, Declan Rice, Bukayo Saka

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Player: Bruno
Manager: Ole
Goal: Cavani vs Fulham
Young: Rashford

No bias

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Not convinced KDB deserves to be there based on this season, but then was thinking who would replace him?

Time of year to highlight the ridiculous criteria for young player.

Rashford had been a first team player for 6 seasons, played over 270 games at club level and has 40 international appearances.

please let’s not get into a discussion about how good he’s been - but you simply should not have a player of his experience on this shortlist.

it should be for players who break through, not established PL stars.

Idxomer

Player: Grealish
Manager: Bielsa
Goal: Bruno vs Everton
Young: Foden

Raw

Rashford had been a first team player for 6 seasons, played over 270 games at club level and has 40 international appearances.

please let’s not get into a discussion about how good he’s been - but you simply should not have a player of his experience on this shortlist.

Dias being 24 and being nominated for it is silly too.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Kane, Moyes, Cavani, Dias

saivet

POTY: Kane
YPOTY: Dias
Manager: Pep
Goal: Cavani vs Fulham

FatTails

Player of the season: Kane
Manager of the season: Bielsa
Goal of the season: Cavani
YPOTS: Meslier

BorisManUtd

POTY: Kane
YPOTY: Foden
Manager: Moyes
Goal: Lamela vs Arsenal

Should players 23/24 years old be classified as young? Especially someone as Rashford, playing for more than 5 years now. Maybe those who are 22 years old or younger at the start of the season should be seen as 'young', but that's only my opinion of course.

padr81

Supports
Man City
If it's a vote Bruno by a mile because of fanbase also hard to say he doesn't deserve it. Kdb shouldn't be ahead of gundogan.

What I'd vote
Kane poty, Dias ypoty, pep manager, goal lanzini.

What I think will happen
Bruno, Foden, Moyes, Lanzini

Sylar

Is ypoty 23 or less (if you started the season 23)

I'm guessing 23 is a cut off due to most Youngsters starting at 18 and having 5 years up for that whilst footballers can go upto around 35?

Maybe ? Not sure

Andy_Cole

Don’t think it should be Kane personally. For me it’s Bruno or Dias. I’ll go with Bruno.

Ole - at the end of the summer I didn’t think we’d get top 4!
Cavani - incredible goal and fortunately watched it live
Foden - been sensational for city. I class him as young too rather than Dias and Rashford. They should change this award to U21

amsoUG

POTY - should respectfully go to an EPL champion, so: Diaz
yPOTY - Mason / Foden
Goal - Lamella

Paul_Scholes18

I think Bruno has been the best player. Although Dias together with Pep was the main reason City won the title thus he deserves the award as well.

Moyes really bottled the chance for CL and also his chance to be manager of the season. Fantastic to fight for it though, but too many dropped points near the end.

FatTails

I think it would be criminal for anyone other than Bielsa to win manager of the year. The gap between the quality of squad and investment at Leeds United and the actual football played + finishing position is wider than any other team, by far.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Don’t think it should be Kane personally. For me it’s Bruno or Dias. I’ll go with Bruno.

Ole - at the end of the summer I didn’t think we’d get top 4!
Cavani - incredible goal and fortunately watched it live
Foden - been sensational for city. I class him as young too rather than Dias and Rashford. They should change this award to U21
Why not Kane? He got both the golden boot and most assists in the PL. That's some achievement.

Andy_Cole

Why not Kane? He got both the golden boot and most assists in the PL. That's some achievement.
I get the stats. The team is built around him though. I just didn’t think he made that much of an impact whenever I saw Spurs play. A bit like Rooney 2014 maybe. Plus I don’t see how a player can be player of the season when his team has been so poor.

el3mel

Kane.
Pep.
Lamela or Bruno, can't choose all honestly.
Foden.

JustAGuest

Player of the Season: Kane
Manager of the Season: Moyes
Goal of the Season: Cavani
Young Player of the Season: Foden

acnumber9

It is silly. Not quite as silly as that time Ronaldo was nominated for both and won player of the year and not young player of the year though.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Kane.
Pep.
Lamela / Cavani, not sure here can go either way
Foden.

SAFMUTD

If its a voting contest then there no use. But by mertis I would say:

-Player of the season: Kane
-Manager: Moyes
-Goal: Cavani's
-young player: Dias

Raw

Is ypoty 23 or less (if you started the season 23)

I'm guessing 23 is a cut off due to most Youngsters starting at 18 and having 5 years up for that whilst footballers can go upto around 35?

Maybe ? Not sure
They have to be 23 or younger by the start of the season. Personally I think they should lower that requirement, top footballers are emerging at such young ages now compared to years ago.

BarstoolProphet

Kane (Grealish second, but him being injured ruined his chance of winning)
Pep (Moyes second)
Lamela (Cavani's ruined a bit by it being offside)
Foden (Rashford and Dias shouldnt be in the discussion at all due to age)

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Exactly what I thought. I guess the team of the season is the only thing worth a jot.
Nobody cares about or remembers these awards anyway. PFA PotY, YPotY and TotY are what really count.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
POTY = Bruno
MOTY = Bielsa
YPOY = Dias
GOTY = Lamela

BorisManUtd

Dias and Pep winning awards is fine but I think what Moyes did with WH is bigger accomplishment and Kane was phenomenal for very average Spurs team. But Dias coming it did win City the title it seems, they got much better defensively since he came in.