Premier League Week 38

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
This is the end. :( And quite possibly the least important final day of the season in some time.

Sunday, 19 May

Man City vs. Norwich City

Spurs vs. Sunderland

Wigan Athletic vs. Aston Villa

Swansea City vs. Fulham

West Brom vs. Man United

West Ham vs. Reading

Southampton vs. Stoke City

Chelsea vs. Everton

Liverpool vs. Queens Park Rangers

Newcastle vs. Arsenal

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Now you've made this thread all those teams will retire.

KiD MoYeS

On the plus, Match of the Day will have Ferguson lifting the title in their opening sequence for the next year.

MUFCgal

Last year when the football season ended, I didn't care at that point. I was so deflated from City's winner that I was glad of the break.

But this season, I don't want it to end. I already can't wait for next season.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Aston Villa could theoretically go from 16th to 10th on the last day. It's mad how small the margins are at the bottom.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Just put a bet 19/1 that reading will finish bottom.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Everything points to Newcastle bending over for Arsenal, and I doubt it would make any difference if they tried.

Everton to beat Chelsea. Moyes to break his curse in the nick of time!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hope Chelsea draw 0-0 and Arsenal win 2-1, forcing a play off for third place which would be interesting.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Like OP said, probably the most uninteresting last day in years. No drama at the top, no drama at the bottom, all bragging rights really. Hoping for a win from Le Arse and a draw from Chelsea to see how they sort that out, and I guess I want to see Spurs come fifth and what Bale does with his future.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Im really looking forward to West Ham vs Reading. Will be a cracker.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I guess Newcastle vs. Arsenal and Spurs vs. Sunderland are the TV games.

Bah.
In the US Fox is carrying all the games live on its various networks. They did this last year and it worked well for them what with the title and relegation still in question. This year it will be a major flop since only two of the games mean a damn thing but in each of those two games one of teams has no reason to care.

CallyRed

As Kid Cunto mentions, least important final day in a long time.

What a contrast from last year! So glad we wrapped up the league 2 or 3 weeks ago, as much as it is exciting I do not like us being involved in trophy deciders on the last day!

I too think Arsenal will win, and probably spank Newcastle in the same way Liverpool did.

KiD MoYeS

The only surprise would be Tottenham clinching fourth spot. And Arsenal are playing a team with a manager who has confessed he wouldn't care if they lost 4-0.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I hope Newcastle make it interesting. Though I doubt it after that tit Pardew came out and said that he doesn't mind if they lose.
Isn't Mike Ashley actually a Spurs fan? We can but hope he sacks Alan Pardew if Newcastle roll over for Arsenal.

Brightonian

Hope Chelsea draw 0-0 and Arsenal win 2-1, forcing a play off for third place which would be interesting.
It would make for a really entertaining match, I think. Both are playing well and high on confidence at the moment. Quite evenly matched, too.

I reckon they should try and make these sorts of things more common somehow. I know it would be out of character for the Premier League, but I'd love to see some equivalent of the play-offs in the Championship. Maybe they should cut out 'goals scored'. So if two teams are level on points and gd, they have a play-off.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It would make for a really entertaining match, I think. Both are playing well and high on confidence at the moment. Quite evenly matched, too.

I reckon they should try and make these sorts of things more common somehow. I know it would be out of character for the Premier League, but I'd love to see some equivalent of the play-offs in the Championship. Maybe they should cut out 'goals scored'. So if two teams are level on points and gd, they have a play-off.
Or maybe they can have a play off for the 4th champions league spot, between teams in 4th-7th, and also a play off for who gets relegated between 18th and 17th place teams, loser gets relegated to the championship. Pretty sure in Germany they have a relegation play off (although there it's 16th place team against the 3rd place team in the second division).

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Pray for the 3rd place playoff game! Is it Arsenal winning by 1 goal, Chelsea drawing, and Arsenal scorig 1 more goal than Chelsea in the game?

alastair

ignorant
Today is going to be mega-stressful. Spurs will be 4-0 up within half an hour meaning it's all down to us. Newcastle are going to be pretty excellent I'd imagine, with no pressure and Pardew needing a win to appease the supporters after his comments earlier this week.

Apart from our game, there is literally nothing interesting happening anywhere.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Today is going to be mega-stressful. Spurs will be 4-0 up within half an hour meaning it's all down to us. Newcastle are going to be pretty excellent I'd imagine, with no pressure and Pardew needing a win to appease the supporters after his comments earlier this week.

Mike Ashley offering a million quid for a win to all non playing staff too.

It's a great idea.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I'd say the odds favour Arsenal finishing in 4th place, but not hugely so.

I think Spurs will beat Sunderland without too much trouble: we're at home, have huge motivation to win (whereas Sunderland have nothing much to play for) and Sunderland are missing some key players.

However, Arsenal also have huge motivation to win, have a strong team and are in-form. I can only hope that Newcastle raise their game seeing as they're the home team and should want to sign-out in front of their fans on a more positive note by at least avoiding defeat.

The odds are that Arsenal will beat Newcastle, but a draw is certainly very possible and probably the best outcome that I could reasonably hope for.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?

This is the most depressing Arsenal related post I've ever read

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Newcastle will lay down and die. The end of season will be a complete anticlimax. Sky couldn't be as lucky as they were last year.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I still laugh at lasagne-gate which leads me to believe I am due some serious karma.
I think after Lasagna-gate, Chelsea winning the CL last season and Redknapp taking his eye off the ball at the same time and the two oil rich clubs minimising any chance we have of becoming a regular CL club, karma doesn't mean all that much for me. :(

I'm not too worried or anxious about today because I'm fully expecting Arsenal to win, rendering our game pretty meaningless. So I'm just going to enjoy it. Still, I hope we do win cos then we'll have set a record points total for ourselves in the PL era, which will be a good achievement in AVB's 1st season.

After the fulop debacle last season, I've just realised that Newcastle are down to their 3rd choice keeper now as well. :lol:

Terribly boring final day of fixtures though. Sky must be furious.

wr8_utd

:'(
Sunderland's 6 outfield subs today at Spurs have 5 minutes first team Premier League football between them