Premier League weekend fixtures 11/12/13 August

PoTMS

Huddersfield stay top of the league. They've been sitting there longer than Spurs have in the last two years.

James Peril

Nothing new this season ey?
Liverpool get a penalty and Spurs either a red card for the other team or a penalty. Always the same..

gr3yham3

I said I'd prefer Eriksen over Pogba. He mentions Eriksen and then Alli in his post.

But I was referring to Eriksen.
Ah, I will take both though, Pogba and Eriksen. If I had to choose one player from Spurs, it would be Eriksen.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
But will they win anything? this is surely the season they need to win some silverware, as I can't see them hanging on to their stars for another summer if not.
Yeah, time will tell. I agree they need to start putting some silverware away. However, considering where they were under Redknapp and Boas etc...Spurs fans have real reason to be excited. The spine of their side really impresses me. CB pairing solid as feck, bite and craft through the midfield and a truly fecking wonderful striker.

I don't think Wembley will do them any favours mind...

padr81

Supports
Man City
United really dominant. Most impressive start of any of the top 6 I'd say.

Hojoon

What's the number of record debut goals in a single match day? The previous record must have been smashed.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
2-0 Lukaku. He is gonna kill it, isn't he?
Goal disallowed for Mkhitaryan.
Arnautovic hits the bar. Great header!

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
2-0 Lukaku. He is gonna kill it, isn't he?
Goal disallowed for Mkhitaryan.
The perfect striker for a Jose team, which is why Jose brought him in. Drogba MkII but Lukaku has more goals in him imho. Whether or not he has Drogba like performances in the major games will be key but he's been excellent so far.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Hes honestly nothing like Drogba
I find him very like Drogba, big, strong and powerful. Very, very good with his back to goal. Lukaku is maybe a bit better at running on to things and thinks more like a goalscorer whereas Drogba created alot but they both recieve the ball in similar postions,
A complete all round frontman, who relies on his power and muscle, more than pace while not beng an out and out target man. That strikes me as Drogba like. He's been championed as the new Drogba by everyone for the past 7 seasons too, we can't all be wrong.

John_Jensen

Impressive from United. Caused West Ham all sorts of problems going forward and excellent without the ball too.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Lukaku is far more like Kane than Drogba. Nothing special on the ball but insanely clinical when you give him a sniff of goal.

goons

Supports
Arsenal
Singing we are top of the league is something I'd expect from a team like Everton or below. Arsenal fans singing it because they're winning the first game of the season after conceding 3 goals. Moreover, the crowd was dead until that moment.
Hey a lot of your fans are singing top of the league today. You must just hate them don't you.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Hey a lot of your fans are singing top of the league today. You must just hate them don't you.
Personally didn't hear it in the game so I assume it wasn't large amounts of fans like the Arsenal game but I will say its still small time to sing it after the first game of the season. Difference is we won by 4 and didn't concede at home. The crowd was in good voice as well throughout the match.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Good weekend for Spurs, United and City. They took care of business comfortably like contenders should. Liverpool and Arsenal look to have the same weaknesses they had last season and Chelsea just had a horror show start to the season.

goons

Supports
Arsenal
Personally didn't hear it in the game so I assume it wasn't large amounts of fans like the Arsenal game but I will say its still small time to sing it after the first game of the season. Difference is we won by 4 and didn't concede at home. The crowd was in good voice as well throughout the match.
Haha whatever man. It's cute to that you believe you decide when fans are allowed to be happy. Enjoy your win :)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Just had a browse through our rivals forum.
We like shitting on ourselves about this forum.
It's actually quite impressive how mature this forum is compared to others.
You can't praise a rival team's performance without being hounded out on.
Not just Bluemoon and Rwak, but also Mania.
Shedend is quite decent. I presume they've enjoyed enough recent success not to have an inferiority complex.
We often wax lyrical over our rivals when they play well on here.