Premier League weekend fixtures 11/12/13 August

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I don't get you people.
Have a bit of sympathy for him with the reaction to his penalty miss, plus I preferred him to Lukaku so would be hypocritical to suddenly decide he's suddenly shit.

In any case, I have no intention of cheering him on or anything like that!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Chelsea fan moaning about the ref to us in a group chat. Says Burnley should have had 2 sent off. Chatting shit?
My Chelsea fan mate is always giving it all this, of how Chelsea are so hard done by with refs.
I don't see it at all, although i'm obviously not strictly neutral as I love them losing.
It wasn't that long ago that a Chelsea player would have to physically catch the ball in the area, hold it, and show the ref and tell him what he'd done for it even to come close to being a pen.

When you're doing all the attacking, and the other team are a physical goonish team like Burnley, of course they'll be close and competitive, doesn't make it a foul every challenge,

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Morata only looked decent because Burnley totally shit the bed.
The second he came on he looked a threat, but hopefully it was a bit like you said, due to the unusual situation.
A team like Burnley getting 3-0 up in an away game at this level, must feel so incredible, they don't have a clue how to deal with it. And so that proved. They had 2 extra men, and still couldn't string a few passes together in the last few mins!

walkinhop

Have a bit of sympathy for him with the reaction to his penalty miss, plus I preferred him to Lukaku so would be hypocritical to suddenly decide he's suddenly shit.

In any case, I have no intention of cheering him on or anything like that!
I don't expect you to think he is shit, rather expect you to want him to be shit.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Amazed by chelsea performance let alone result. didn't see that coming even though they are not my tip for the title. arsenal as ever managed to cheat their way to a win. how did the ref not see the handball before their third goal. he was right there and looking right at it. like that idiot ref in the Oz league who have a penalty to arsenal in a friendly. awful. should be sent to League two for a fortnight

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Crazy match, but that comeback attempt was fecking awesome. My faith is restored. Also Morata is fecking brilliant. :wenger:
Surely you can't take positives from that :lol:
You've lost at home to Burnley, and have Cahill out for 3 games now, and Fabregas one. On top of Costa and Hazard out, with Tottenham away next!

You could very easily see yourselves 6 points off the pace early doors, with actual European games to inconvenience you.

Dismember

Fabregas and Cahill should just be kept out of the team for the rest of the season. The two seniors losing their head like that is not what we need. Although that first yellow for Cesc was questionable

Ref was pretty bad. Burnley lunging all over the place, hardly anything given to us. And feck you if you think otherwise.

Shit performance with some glimmer of hope. Well probably lose to Tottenham next week but I think we can still make top 4 with a few more signings
Aside from that rudiger yellow at the end, the ref was spot on. Almost flawless refereeing. Im neutral and whenever I thought a call of his was wrong, it would turn out to be spot on in the replays. Chelsea were trying to put as much pressure on him, but I respect his attitude and composure. Im not trying to irritate you here, I genuinely think he was absolutely great this match, he should be an example for other refs. And as neutral, I thought Chelsea were angry and crazy but the team was actually good. Willian and Morata were top notch, Chelsea should just be more composed. Conte should calm them down not ruin their season before it even starts. He's to blame for this mess in my opinion, because the team still oozes talent.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
To think we drew these useless fools last season. How the feck.
Exactly this! It was my personal lowlight of all the home games. Drawing with a team with zero attacking threat.

Now imagine being 3-0 down to them at half time!

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
You've lost at home to Burnley, and have Cahill out for 3 games now, and Fabregas one. On top of Costa and Hazard out, with Tottenham away next!

You could very easily see yourselves 6 points off the pace early doors, with actual European games to inconvenience you.
Cahill and Cesc are always poor against Tottenham. Blessing in disguise probably, also gives us the chance to use Christensen

Johnnyredboots

This is the point where City turn over Brighton 6 nil and everyone wants to hand them the title right now.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

No point sitting crying about it. Having Cahill out for 3 isn't the end of the world when we've got Luiz, Azpi and Christiansen there and Moses will be back next game at RB. Not a great time to meet Spurs but then again we haven't see how their start to the season will go yet. They seem to have some internal unrest of their own going on if Rose is any indication and they've lost Walker of course. Hazard is always a loss, but hopefully Pedro will be back which will help a lot, plus we might have Bakayoko back. As for Costa, if todays anything to go by, Morata will step in just fine.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Can't see anything but City winning by several goals here. Weird formation though. 3-5-2 ?

LoneStar

All the more reason for us to win the match tomorrow. Chelsea losing and Liverpool drawing. Though one thing I'm sure of is that our defending won't be as pathetic as all the teams that have played till now.

That was some good mentality from Chelsea, coming back(almost) from a 3-0 loss to 3-2 with 9 men. Morata looks good, though whether that's because he's good or because Burnley were shite, idk. If Chelsea don't buy anyone , top 4 is all they can hope for. Their squad depth is ridiculously bad.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Can't see anything but City winning by several goals here. Weird formation though. 3-5-2 ?
Yeah, a 3-1-4-2 with Fernandinho anchoring in the midfield. Seeing Danilo at left back does seem weird to me, though, even though he can play there. He's frequently played on the right side, whether as a midfielder or full back.

Martia11

I'd take an Arsenal tbh, more than any dull win.
Our defence will have a hard time replicating their world class defensive performance.

Seriously though I had take any kind of game as long as we win. Hopefully a 4-0 demolition to start the season as premier league favourites. :)

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
This is the point where City turn over Brighton 6 nil and everyone wants to hand them the title right now.
Exactly, and you'll have all the pundits and journos handing Citeh the title just like they did after Citeh's 10 game run in Pep's first season.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I don't expect you to think he is shit, rather expect you to want him to be shit.
Don't worry, I don't want him or anyone else being too successful in this league! I do like the player though, and regret he's not with us.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
An interesting weekend for sure so far, but City are far too effective against the "lesser teams" & so I'm calling a 4-1 victory for them.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Amazing how fast the day goes when the football is on. Now to watch City.
Trying to decide if watching football all day when United aren't even playing is a good or bad way to spend a Saturday... :I

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Don't worry, I don't want him or anyone else being too successful in this league! I do like the player though, and regret he's not with us.
Boooooooooooo and so on!

Martia11

City definitely the team to beat this season. They don't have any glaring positional weaknesses.
Their squad is brilliant but we have been saying the same thing the last 2 seasons. You can never say anything in this league.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What a start for Morata. Happy for the lad, but hope he doesn't play well against us:D He should be starting their next match imo
Maybe he should have started today, but definitely should start their next game. He will have his work cut out against that Spurs defence though.