Press conference - Bournemouth

RedDevil@84

Looks like Jose is impressed by marauding bare chested Rojo :lol::lol:

"He's a brave guy. I don't know how he is - let's see if he can be ready for the match. But if he's not ready, we have other alternatives to play."

Not to mention that manutd.com chooses this pic to put a report on Rojo

Last edited:

minoo-utd

Good to hear less about City defeat from the boss, and good when it feels he is looking forward. Some on here said he is overreacted and I really don't know how! Should the guy says no comment at all? It's unbelievable when some feel after the loss really, thankfully the board still know that Jose is the man for the job.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
@Hoof The Ball i take it you haven’t played much team sports for a traditionally winning team, have you? It’s completely natural to have a chip on your shoulder after a loss and then play the next game with even more aggression and motivation. It’s not implying that we didn’t play with motivation last game. Fergie’s teams were the same way after a loss, too.

Fuzzy Dunlop

This topic is a clusterfeck. I hope that a bare chested Rojo logs in and commands respect and good posts.

On a related note, I also hope that United wins the next game and put the derby behind. One can dream, right?

Marcky411

Not much in it, obviously he is playing it down to cool down the hype, he knows every word of his will be dissected and knowing the FA they would just love any excuse to give him some kind of fine and a touchline ban.
I am curious to see with what line up we will go with tomorrow, I presume +/- the same 4-2-3-1 he went with on Sunday. He only seems to try other formations when Pogba is in the team and that is also why we look a lot better with Pogba than without him. I personally think the 4-2-3-1 formation is our weakest formation but without Pogba in the team we always seem to go for safety first.

notcool

Supports
a
There are a lot of articles saying Jose is 'questioning' the education and behaviour of the City players. What a bunch of shit-stirring little sea-runts some of these motherfeckers are.

Jig1234

EDIT:ahah. Mourinho embarrassing himself and the club.

Sometimes I think Mourinho should just accept the defeat without getting techy about it. We lost a derby so he has to front up and deal with the questions. I don't think Pep should have to apologize for winning and celebrating. - Just looks like we as a club are petty and bad losers.

- They deserved to win. We don't need this tunnel antics that only deflect from the loss. Should be more gracious in defeat.

Last edited:

Thecarrickfan_2016

I don't blame Mourinho for walking out on his press conference, He said he wanted to talk about the Bournemouth game, But the press and media wouldn't let him do that, Twats.

el3mel

ahah. Mourinho embarrassing himself and the club.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...rms-out-of-manchester-united-press-conference

Reading the full quotes, the only ones who embarrassed themselves are the journalists. They kept asking the same question about the incident over and over and over again neglecting we have a fecking game the next day and they should be asking about it. They were trying to force a quote from Mourinho to fill their headlines. How embarrassing is English media is beyond me.

Dave89

@Hoof The Ball i take it you haven’t played much team sports for a traditionally winning team, have you? It’s completely natural to have a chip on your shoulder after a loss and then play the next game with even more aggression and motivation. It’s not implying that we didn’t play with motivation last game. Fergie’s teams were the same way after a loss, too.
Careful, he'll tell you to sit down.

Revaulx

Reading the full quotes, the only ones who embarrassed themselves are the journalists. They kept asking the same question about the incident over and over and over again neglecting we have a fecking game the next day and they should be asking about it. They were trying to force a quote from Mourinho to fill their headlines. How embarrassing is English media is beyond me.
Yup. I’ve got major doubts about Jose, but the way he’s handled this is absolutely fine.

Neilwij

I don't blame him for walking out. They didn't even ask him about Bournemouth or the actual match tomorrow. They just kept going over the same ground over and over. Terrible.

Karlkim SK

If journalists will act like idiots like some of our fans here, I am fine with Mou walking out. Why should he give a damn?

Last edited:

SER19

Genuinely think there should be an open forum set up here regarding the absolute state of this site at the moment. Have said it in many other threads- this is nothing to do with being annoyed by a different opinion , that's what a forum is all about, what's happening pretty much every thread is that it's getting detoured by things that aren't even opinions. Just nonsense word jumbles with "embarrassing" thrown in or having to explain everything that hints at a little bias towards united to city fans.

Would genuinely be interested to see if many feel the same way, I find the forum a fraction of the quality it used to be. Perhaps an up or down voting system on a post would be good, with any poster making a certain number of posts that get an agreed number of down votes having membership looked at by mods. We've become you tube without the videos. (Again I'm not talking about down voting an opinion you disagree with, I'm talking about absolute tripe like "oh here we go Jose embarrassing club" based on nothing, like the post match bust up thread shambles where people acted like they knew what happened. Long for the days of red cafe a few years back, even 18 months back.

Listar

I thought what mourinho said in te end was really funny. Straight up sarcastic to the journalists. Reminding that they also have a job to do, and not a gossip magazine.

You sir, a troll or not that is fishing for responses, is an embarrassment. I thought the big cull will sweep away the likes of you. Maybe one day.

Listar

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...rms-out-of-manchester-united-press-conference

They forgot they were there to cover the match between united and Bournemouth, and should be asking for player status, tactics etc. , but instead act like they were working for TMZ or Entertainment today, fishing for gossips. One question on it was more than enough but they kept going on and on. That was the really unprofessional and a real blight on sports journalistic.

Ace of Spades

Is there a point to conferences when they don't even ask about the game?? Good to see Jose pointing it out.

redIndianDevil

Okay I have to call Mourinho a hypocrite, he's the one that made a mountain out of a molehill. So what if City players celebrate, it's a derby FFS and they won so they have the rights to celebrate, the City players did their part, they shook hands with our players on the pitch and then went celebrated inside their locker room.

Mourinho also made remarks against Conte last season for exuberant celebrations, it's not like Mourinho is some saint you know,

My point is if you keep dishing it out, you must be prepared to take it sometimes.

Jinn

Okay I have to call Mourinho a hypocrite, he's the one that made a mountain out of a molehill. So what if City players celebrate, it's a derby FFS and they won so they have the rights to celebrate, the City players did their part, they shook hands with our players on the pitch and then went celebrated inside their locker room.

Mourinho also made remarks against Conte last season for exuberant celebrations, it's not like Mourinho is some saint you know,

My point is if you keep dishing it out, you must be prepared to take it sometimes.
There's something to be said of maturity.
I think Mourinho has matured since those days of running down the touchline celebrating a win. Just like SAF didn't like it then, Mo doesn't like it now.
From what I've seen over the past 18 months, Mourinho has changed in his approach to the media (for the better). Every time he has a presser, the journalists have an alternate agenda, always trying to coax a response from him because of his history. He has done well avoiding being sucked in, you can see it on his face when questioned on a sensitive topic. he has shown great restraint.
I get the feeling that he was more forthcoming in his interviews in the past and now you only get half truths or deflective answers. He has to be that way because of his history in being too honest (if that's the right word?) in previous interviews.
Cut the man some slack, you have to be blind not to notice that he has changed his approach, respecting the club and respecting the fans.

Pacificgi

I get that they want a story, but if joses said he wont talk about the city match bust up then they should have the decency to respect that and move on considering that press conference was about the Bournemouth game. Joses right, they showed no respect for Bournemouth.

Journalists just looking for an easy quote to make headlines but he hasn't given them one. I don't know what they expect him to say about it all, no manager should/would open up about details of incidents in a press conference.