charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Probably confirmation that there's no value in the market as well :(

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Is this a sign then? No more signings?

Crustanoid

river?

I expect the no more signings spiel will be worked in somewhere. More based on deja vu than anything concrete

Sally Cinnamon

I don't think it's live on MUTV. They will probably show part of it later tonight.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hopefully he tells us Nani and Welbeck are close to signing new deals if they haven't already done so.

I expect 'value' to be brought up but I'd be shocked if that's our spending done.

manusteve

It's disappointing if the IN-HOUSE television station does not have a live feed of the presentation of the new players.
Granted we cannot expect MUTV to know anything of SAF's transfer activities before they happen, but an important press conference should be shown live!
In addition, MUTV have shown little, if any, of pre-season training footage. I saw a clip last night during the Rio interview, but it also had Park in it, which shows it is a few days old - poor from MUTV!

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
It is pretty funny watching these call-in shows on MUTV during the summer - the hosts and guests have no information whatsoever. No idea what is going on with transfer, no updates on injuries, no information on loan moves and destinations - basically they have what has been in the papers which we all know is 90% bollocks.

The channel is rarely useful for new information (the Guitan shoot-down probably the most useful thing I've picked-up from there in ages), and them not showing this press conference live or on a short delay just puts the cherry on top :rolleyes:

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
But hey, aren't all club TV channels rarely useful, boring and only show club's classic games?

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
What are the odds Fergie saying "i'm happy with our midfield and there will be no more signings".

1/1

Woodzy

He's more likely to say something along the lines of "we're looking at one or two players, but we're confident with the squad we've got."

Then in a few weeks time he'll tell us there's no more signings.

We won't believe him, and we'll keep up hope until the dying days of the window when the realisation starts to kick in.

The word value is likely to get thrown about as already mentioned.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
What are the odds Fergie saying "i'm happy with our midfield and there will be no more signings".

1/1
I Would be delighted, if only for those jittery nervous pessimistic wrecks on here would see their nightmare come true and the secret hopes they're harboring (despite their utterings of doom) somewhere inside their little christmas hearts would be crushed: no fecking signings for you HO HO HO!

Baxter

I Would be delighted, if only for those jittery nervous pessimistic wrecks on here would see their nightmare come true and the secret hopes they're harboring (despite their utterings of doom) somewhere inside their little christmas hearts would be crushed: no fecking signings for you HO HO HO!
You think we don't need a midfielder? I'd be pissed off if we went another summer without getting one when I think we've needed one for 2/3 years at least.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Does anyone actually pay money for MUTV? It's a piece of crap. I've watched a couple of call in shows and they make me loose the will to live. Boring presenters, boring callers, no new information (MUTV is usually the last to report anything) and no special access to games.

The only thing useful is the academy and reserve matches, which I just stream anyway.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
How can a Manchester United supporter be delighted in us not strengthening the team? We're far from shit but its evident that we need a left back and at least 1 CM.

Ill be delighted if Chelsea, Arsenal or Shitty ends up not strengthening the team, since it will improve our chances of winning the league. Not us.

Baxter

Does anyone actually pay money for MUTV? It's a piece of crap. I've watched a couple of call in shows and they make me loose the will to live. Boring presenters, boring callers, no new information (MUTV is usually the last to report anything) and no special access to games.

The only thing useful is the academy and reserve matches, which I just stream anyway.
I do. For a £5 a month (can't even remember if that is what I actually pay) I don't think it is that bad. You get all the tour matches as well.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

I subscribe purely to watch those games. It's the same reason I pay for Sky Sports. I'd rather watch United play using high quality TV pictures (which can be easily paused/recorded) than scrabble round for streams which may or may not die at a crucial moment. Each to their own though.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
How can a Manchester United supporter be delighted in us not strengthening the team? We're far from shit but its evident that we need a left back and at least 1 CM.

Ill be delighted if Chelsea, Arsenal or Shitty ends up not strengthening the team, since it will improve our chances of winning the league. Not us.
We have strengthened, but I think some of us have more faith in our manager and could enjoy the reaction of others if we choose not to sign a CM.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I subscribe purely to watch those games. It's the same reason I pay for Sky Sports. I'd rather watch United play using high quality TV pictures (which can be easily paused/recorded) than scrabble round for streams which may or may not die at a crucial moment. Each to their own though.
Fortunately, it's no longer a problem. But of course, if I could, I would subscribe as well.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

I get it for 2 months at this stage every year to watch the friendlies and then give it up again.

Hans Moleman

Sir Alex says he's disappointed with Paul Pogba, although he suspected he'd leave, "he never really indicated it until he left"

Hans Moleman

SAF: "We've always done well in terms of getting players at the end of season, instead of waiting all summer."
SAF: "In Kagawa's case, there was a fair bit of negotiating and that kept going for weeks."

SAF: "As for Powell, we knew Dario Gradi [Crewe Alexandra director of football] would help us do the deal quickly."

gaz1185

Fergie: "It's possible we could bring one more signing in, maybe two more. But probably one." #MUFC

Hans Moleman

Nick Powell is viewed as a central midfield player not a forward and will be around the first-team squad and train with them

SAF: "We could possibly bring one or two more in. When there's a major international tournament on, there's a delay in the transfer market."

SAF on new signings: "Now the European Championships are over, we're trying to bring one more player in."

Hans Moleman

Sir Alex eyes more signings

Sir Alex Ferguson says there could be one or two more players following Shinji Kagawa and Nick Powell into Manchester United this summer.

Speaking at an Old Trafford press conference to unveil the pair of new signings so far, the United manager admitted: "We could possibly bring one or two more in. When there's a major international tournament on, there's a delay in the transfer market. But now the European Championships are over, we're trying to bring one more player in.

"We've always done well in terms of getting players at the end of season, instead of waiting all summer. In Kagawa's case, there was a fair bit of negotiating and that kept going for weeks. As for Powell, we knew Dario Gradi [Crewe Alexandra director of football] would help us do the deal quickly."

Sir Alex discussed Powell's best position with Gradi, having seen him operate mainly as a deep-lying forward for Crewe. "I asked Dario if Nick could be a central midfielder. Dario thinks that's his position and Nick does too so we're all in accord. We hope he'll be a central midfield player and that's where we'll develop."

As for Kagawa's role, the boss said: "He'll play further forward [than Powell]. We shouldn't be looking at one player changing the way we play but he could make a difference. He can give us that extra in the final third of the field. If his goalscoring record continues he could be a very good player for us."

Kagawa was Borussia Dortmund's second highest scorer last season, and after acclimatising himself to European football with two successful campaigns in Germany, the Japanese international is poised to pick up the English game very quickly.

"Shinji's coming on tour to South Africa with us and then to China so I think you'll be seeing him pretty soon," said Sir Alex, looking ahead to the DHL pre-season tour which starts on Monday.

"Once he's adapted and gets to know some football phrases our players will use, he'll be used to that. He can start the first league game quite easily. I've got no problem with that."

Hans Moleman

SAF also said of Darren Fletcher 'He hasn't started training with us, he's got challenges but we're happy to be patient with him...'

SAF on Fletcher '...If it doesn't work he knows he's got a position at the club.'

Baxter

feck, if we end up with Baines and no CM I will be very unhappy. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.