Pride.

PoTMS

Why don't Manchester United as a club or fans have any?

You think a real big club wouldn't react if they got hammered 6-1 at home. And before anyone brings up Fergie losing vs City/Chelsea/Newcastle, how many times did it happen in 26 years at the club to possibly the best managers ever compared to Ole, Kovac, Neville, etc. A real big club would not tolerate this shit.

Also, do you think you'll see any of our players issue an apology after this disasterclass? Not a chance. Again, an example of no pride remaining. No doubt they'll be quiet and feck off to international duty.

Woodward and the Glazers don't give a feck either. I mean after all, we'll be top trending this week! Happy days.

Stick a knife in us, we're done.

el3mel

Some of the players apologized, Rashford and Maguire for example.

It doesn't make any difference though. For 7 years our players had done nothing bar coming after each defeat to apologize and say they will do better next game. They never do at the end. This is hardly our problem.

El Zoido

All the players have apologised, I’ve seen apologies from, Maguire, Bruno, DDG, Rashford. Probably more but I don’t care about apologies, they just need to get better. What punishment would be suitable to you? Tie a boulder around their necks and have them walk through Manchester to atone?

Andy_Cole

I thought Maguire was a disgrace. Sending Luke Shaw out to the media whilst he does what? Sit in the shower to have a cry?

IrishMcD

Feck their apologies!! Same old crap, " we will try harder, we will put this right", so losing at home to Palace wasnt the trigger to try harder and put it right? Being completely outplayed by Brighton wasn't the trigger to try harder or put things right? A clueless puppet managing a bunch of overhyped, over paid, cowards with very few exceptions.

RashyForPM

I don’t care about nonsensical apologies or McTominay posting a cryptic picture of the badge. Wtf is that? What I want is someone saying they would accept getting dropped for the team to be refreshed and that they would give up their weekly wages to charity, as they do not deserve it after putting 0 effort in and losing 1-6 at home. I mean, if I smashed my boss’ computer, he wouldn’t just not pay me, he’d sack me. So yeah, give up your weekly wages. Finally, the ones who play against Newcastle, put in a good performance and win.

It’s harsh, but after losing 1-6, nothing but that is acceptable.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

You think a real big club wouldn't react if they got hammered 6-1 at home. And before anyone brings up Fergie losing vs City/Chelsea/Newcastle, how many times did it happen in 26 years at the club to possibly the best managers ever compared to Ole, Kovac, Neville, etc. A real big club would not tolerate this shit.

Also, do you think you'll see any of our players issue an apology after this disasterclass? Not a chance. Again, an example of no pride remaining. No doubt they'll be quiet and feck off to international duty.

Woodward and the Glazers don't give a feck either. I mean after all, we'll be top trending this week! Happy days.

What reaction are you expecting, some of our players have apologised.

The reaction is essentially deadline day transfers, that's all the club can do at this point.

el3mel

They've clearly taken a dark turn.
They have also won the first 3 league matches including wins over Chelsea and Arsenal, while we looked utter crap against Palace and Brighton, losing 3 at home to the first one and defeating the second with a pen in last second after they put 5 balls in the bar.

Whatever you do, there's a huge difference and nothing to comfort ourselves about. Yesterday was just a one day off for Liverpool. We had yesterday's result coming ages ago. Brighton could have done it with just more luck.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Even as a supporter you have to join in the with the rest of the world and laugh in the the face of seven years of blatant incompetence.

This is a hilarious comedy of errors. You hate to see it but at the same time you think this isn’t actually Manchester Utd, this is a bunch of clowns running its name into the ground. That’s just how it us until someone is willing to come in and save us. We can’t afford to buy the club.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I don't want apologies. I'm sick of the same "we need to improve" platitudes on social media every time we have a bad result.

Bwuk

Couldn’t give a toss about social media responses.

Someone should of nailed Lamela, and went in hard on Kane.

We are so soft. Absolutely no bollocks in the side. Half of them looked like they were about to cry. At least McTominay and Fred showed some character when they came on.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Has Ole lost many matches by this scoreline? :confused:

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Couldn’t give a toss about social media responses.

Someone should of nailed Lamela, and went in hard on Kane.

We are so soft. Absolutely no bollocks in the side. Half of them looked like they were about to cry. At least McTominay and Fred showed some character when they came on.
True this.
Their is an image doing the rounds elsewhere on social media. It's two photos side by side.
One photo shows the red card being shown to Martial yesterday by the ref. The United players in the shot are standing by passively accepting it. Maguire, the captain is furthest away from the ref looking on helplessly.
The other photo was taken after a ref awarded a penalty against United with the sides at níl all late in a league game V Boro.
Roy Keane is in the refs face, snarling like a rabid dog, most of his teammates are behind him in similar mode. They are visibly seething at the decision against them. Right or wrong they are fighters.
One of those photos was taken during a 1~6 home defeat to a club we used to beat with monotonous regularity during the SAF years.
After the other photo, Boro took the penalty, it was saved, and we scored a late winner to secure 3 points on the way to another title.
Now chasing after a ref and screaming at him may not be a very edifying sight but it showed the willingness to fight essential to any team, let alone a great team.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Liverpool need to sack Klopp. Shipped 7 against relegation fodder and then started rambling inanely about Roy Keane.
I believe it will turn out to be a freak result. Fair play to Villa for lifting the gloom a bit but it looked like a complete one off to me. When you score with 3 deflected shots your luck is in.
Let's see what happens Pool in their next game. A win would be my guess.

DoomSlayer

The players don't really care. They still get their monthly checks whatever the results are, even if we lose 5 games in a row, it won't matter for them.

We need players that are going to live and breath Manchester United. Players who would sacrifice their personal time to improve in any way possible, just to gain advantage over the opposition.

We also of course need a manager that can instill the right tactical setup and the right mentality. It seems Ole is close to reaching his end here, this season has felt like Mourinho's last one from even before it started.

ReallyUSA

Wrong.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Liverpool need to sack Klopp. Shipped 7 against relegation fodder and then started rambling inanely about Roy Keane.
They are the current league holders and still near the top of the table.
Ole has us near the bottom of the table and finished on one of our lowest points total last season.
Big difference.

Glorio

I don’t care about nonsensical apologies or McTominay posting a cryptic picture of the badge. Wtf is that? What I want is someone saying they would accept getting dropped for the team to be refreshed and that they would give up their weekly wages to charity, as they do not deserve it after putting 0 effort in and losing 1-6 at home. I mean, if I smashed my boss’ computer, he wouldn’t just not pay me, he’d sack me. So yeah, give up your weekly wages. Finally, the ones who play against Newcastle, put in a good performance and win.

It’s harsh, but after losing 1-6, nothing but that is acceptable.
They didn't smash their boss's computers though, did they? They just underperformed - I'm sure you have done so as well occasionally at your work place, the only difference is the quality of your work is not available in the public domain. And you don't probably get docked a week's pay when that happens either

Classical Mechanic

They are the current league holders and still near the top of the table.
Ole has us near the bottom of the table and finished on one of our lowest points total last season.
Big difference.
:lol:

I was only trolling. Surprised so many fell for it. That said, I think Liverpool are on the slide, relatively speaking.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Does anybody remember what Marcellus Wallace went through in the back room?
And how he dealt with the 2 perpetrators of the crime?
Blow torch. Pair of pliers. For the rest of their short but painful lives.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
:lol:

I was only trolling. Surprised so many fell for it. That said, I think Liverpool are on the slide, relatively speaking.
I still think LFC will win the league this year. They are too good not to.
Everton will fade...though imagine if they won the league :eek:

RashyForPM

They didn't smash their boss's computers though, did they? They just underperformed - I'm sure you have done so as well occasionally at your work place, the only difference is the quality of your work is not available in the public domain. And you don't probably get docked a week's pay when that happens either
Losing 1-6 at Old Trafford, playing for Manchester United is akin to doing just that. Considering what they earn, that’s exactly what they should do.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
But footballers are on very high wages and are in high profile jobs.
It's like when an MP gets spotted in public without a mask - there is an uproar.
If I did the same thing, nobody would give a damn.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
It's like when an MP gets spotted in public without a mask - there is an uproar.
I wouldn't be happy, Sunama. Put the damn mask on. #wereinthistogether

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
I just want the players to show some sort of "this if my terf" kind of attitude when teams comes to Old Trafford. As if someone just came into the house you live trying to steal your stuff. These players would probably just show the intruder where the expensive stuff is and drive them home.

Lamela walking off last game without bruises pisses me off.

Glorio

Still human either way