Television Prison Break Revival (don't open if you've not seen it before)

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I hate it in any show, when they are suppsoed to portray Arab characters, they use people (who aren't Arabs most of the time) with the poorest accents ever. It kinda kill any form of authenticity they claim to bring.

Moiraine

Is this shit in a self aware kind of way or a season 4 kind of way?
Every fecking way imaginable. Never seen such a disjointed, horrible and unbearable storyline compounded by lack of effort by the entire production. Looks like they just wanted to bring the cast back on screen with whatever script they could think of and were hoping to gain the same attention from the fans. I guess everybody ignored the reasons why Season 1 of the Original was such a hit and rest of the seasons became crappy. Such a shame that the majority of storyline is based on the events after the escape.

SirAF

Ageist
Every fecking way imaginable. Never seen such a disjointed, horrible and unbearable storyline compounded by lack of effort by the entire production. Looks like they just wanted to bring the cast back on screen with whatever script they could think of and were hoping to gain the same attention from the fans. I guess everybody ignored the reasons why Season 1 of the Original was such a hit and rest of the seasons became crappy. Such a shame that the majority of storyline is based on the events after the escape.
Enjoying it.
The contrasts :lol:

Moiraine

The contrasts :lol:
I am still watching it, despite my negative reviews just because of my love to the Original Prison Break (Season 1 and 2 in particular).

Edit: And of course, T-Bag ... my favorite Character.

SirAF

Ageist
I am still watching it, despite my negative reviews just because of my love to the Original Prison Break (Season 1 and 2 in particular).

Edit: And of course, T-Bag ... my favorite Character.
:devil:

wr8_utd

:'(
Its been better than s4 so far tbh.
Not really difficult to be better than that trash (and S3 ofcourse). Like most PB fans, I'm enjoying it too even though the acting is terrible, the plotline is bizarre and totally unbelievable.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
It's not that bad so far, although too little sucre and T-bag so far. If they get another series they really need to get Mahone back.

Web of Bissaka

So far, it's okay.. first two episodes are fun and thrilling, reminiscence of the first season, but I think they escaped too early. Since then, the prison is the whole country itself. Many characters are tbh boring though. Michael, T-Bag and Sucre are the most interesting, and two of them are not given enough screen times yet. The new characters are quite.. dull, boring. :boring:Expecting more, but meyh, okay series to pass times.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There are far too many loopholes/errors in the story- The suit that was in Michael's coffin had kaniel Outis on it, but Michael says he's been changing names regularly and this is the most recent of them.
Surely the funeral of ISIL's leader should have more people than a hundred odd guys
There's no way that one eyed person can just look at the map and say that they'll be heading up north.
How can anyone answer that he won't reveal where Michael and Co. are and then immediately ask ISIL to bring weapons to him as he'd be following them! How the feck are they supposed to know where they are to bring the weapons?
And that's all in just first half of this episode!

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
There are far too many loopholes/errors in the story- The suit that was in Michael's coffin had kaniel Outis on it, but Michael says he's been changing names regularly and this is the most recent of them.
Surely the funeral of ISIL's leader should have more people than a hundred odd guys
There's no way that one eyed person can just look at the map and say that they'll be heading up north.
How can anyone answer that he won't reveal where Michael and Co. are and then immediately ask ISIL to bring weapons to him as he'd be following them! How the feck are they supposed to know where they are to bring the weapons?
And that's all in just first half of this episode!
Didn't he figure out they'd go to train station after ruling out the airport?

I can't explain the rest though:lol:

anant

Didn't he figure out they'd go to train station after ruling out the airport?

I can't explain the rest though:lol:
Nah he looked at the map, said they wont go to the airport (without any reason) and then moved his finger along the train line! No explanation whatsoever!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Nah he looked at the map, said they wont go to the airport (without any reason) and then moved his finger along the train line! No explanation whatsoever!
The reason was that ISIL had occupied the airport and therefore the train was the only other way out of the country.

anant

The reason was that ISIL had occupied the airport and therefore the train was the only other way out of the country.
Yeah, but North is already occupied by ISIL! So even that is ruled out.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Michael says every single line as a whisper through broken bouts of heavy breathing.

Robertd0803

Michael says every single line as a whisper through broken bouts of heavy breathing.
Still not as odd as his unusual way of delivering lines as Captain Cold on Flash/Legends.

Anyone else feel like the latest episode was almost a greatest hits of the show? Specifically a very deliberate nod to the train car chase at the start of season 2 and missing the plane at the end of season 1.

Im enjoying it. Im not a fan of the stupidly far reaching conspiracy in the background but enjoying this series so far. And I didn't have much anticipation for it in truth but they have retconned it to make somewhat less daft that Michael is back from the dead.

Sylar

The villains are terrible :lol: I guess thats the problem with a middle eastern plot, where it will get cliched. But really, the villains there are just too cartoony. I couldnt take that one eyed guy seriously.

Also, given this is meant to be a one and done deal, the way theyve used the initial cast outside of Michael and Lincoln is weird. Assuming its to do with other obligations?

They should just add Mahone as the guy Michaels working with lol.

wr8_utd

:'(
Love how TV shows do things like him getting shot and needing to go back. He could have easily just gotten into the red car quietly and driven away before the one eyed monster could do anything but ofcourse he had to get stabbed.

Javi

There is absolutely nothing that makes sense in this last episode. From the two killers in the US, walking into a NSA suverillance bureau to track some US citizens in exchange for a weekend somewhere. Then this guy putting off the first wave of ISIS fighters by simply shooting a gasoline tank that just happened to be the place the ISIS guys figured was suited best to hang out to approach the situation. Then the strange hunt that ended with Michael getting wounded. The other guys not being able to use a fecking compass in the desert because of "no signal" but nonetheless they go instinctively pretty close to their target (what are the odds on 360° size of directions) and are able to find it thanks to birds. Michael while being severly posioned still manages to make to said town even though he walked what seemed half the way. What the feck? That is just really poor storytelling.

Robertd0803

There is absolutely nothing that makes sense in this last episode. From the two killers in the US, walking into a NSA suverillance bureau to track some US citizens in exchange for a weekend somewhere. Then this guy putting off the first wave of ISIS fighters by simply shooting a gasoline tank that just happened to be the place the ISIS guys figured was suited best to hang out to approach the situation. Then the strange hunt that ended with Michael getting wounded. The other guys not being able to use a fecking compass in the desert because of "no signal" but nonetheless they go instinctively pretty close to their target (what are the odds on 360° size of directions) and are able to find it thanks to birds. Michael while being severly posioned still manages to make to said town even though he walked what seemed half the way. What the feck? That is just really poor storytelling.
ISSLs tactics seemed very odd, they seemed to be within 10 feet of Michael and company for the entire chase and somehow never caught up with them. And seriously Michael being the one to take out the one eyed guy? The most useless of the whole group in a fight? The couldn't have split up in to pairs?

I did love Michaels line though of being exactly where he wanted to be-''Improvising''

Sylar

This show is nuts, but its better with Sucre in it.

But the reveal made me laugh, cos it ended up who it was originally but then that was a fake out, only for it to dramatically be revealed as not a fake out.

And who kidnapped lil Mike when he went searching for his plane? And then they acted like that didnt happen?
And what happened to the follow up of trying to find out who Michaels US contact was?
and lol @ that jobber being killed like that in the cargo area by the two bland villains who wish they were kellerman.

Sylar

Holy crap! That T-Bag twist :eek:
It actually was done very nicely. I know it will annoy people but feck it, I enjoyed it.

Also
I really thought TBag was about to shoot or snipe out Whip :lol:

Sylar

Me too.
The drawing twist was really good too I thought
That was fantastic.

Hes been much better as a character since being revealed (second time) as Poseidon. The initial fake out wasnt needed imo.

SirAF

Ageist
It actually was done very nicely. I know it will annoy people but feck it, I enjoyed it.

Also
I really thought TBag was about to shoot or snipe out Whip :lol:
Yeah, I loved it. He's by far both the best character and actor.

ZAGREB RED

It's a little bit so-so at times, and as others have said, a shame T-bag isn't more involved, he is like the classic panto villain, that twist with him in the last episode, though, didn't see that coming, I doubt anyone did.
Keep seeing stories about a Season 6 but probably just rumours.