Television Prison Break Revival (don't open if you've not seen it before)

Sylar

Yeah, lovely ending to a fun series.

I think it had a few pacing issues, where some stuff was rushed, and other stuff was too long (the fakeout on who is Poseidon wasnt needed). But once he was revealed, him vs Michael was fun stuff. Much like michael vs Mahone from s2 (speaking of which, was hoping Mahone would play a part).

I do think the last two scenes could have been changed around. With the tbag stuff second to last scene, then michael and family as last scene.
I do wonder if they did it the way they did because they have ideas of continuing it somehow.
(The only way I see that happening is Michael joins CIA and goes around different places with the task of breaking people out of prison?) lol.

Sylar

Weird having a 9 episode season.
I think it works, although yeah, 10 could have been the perfect number kinda like how Spartacus / GoT does. Saying that, having watched it, I dont think theres much more they could have done for this season to add another 45 minutes.

ZAGREB RED

Yeah, lovely ending to a fun series.

I think it had a few pacing issues, where some stuff was rushed, and other stuff was too long (the fakeout on who is Poseidon wasnt needed). But once he was revealed, him vs Michael was fun stuff. Much like michael vs Mahone from s2 (speaking of which, was hoping Mahone would play a part).

I do think the last two scenes could have been changed around. With the tbag stuff second to last scene, then michael and family as last scene.
I do wonder if they did it the way they did because they have ideas of continuing it somehow.
(The only way I see that happening is Michael joins CIA and goes around different places with the task of breaking people out of prison?) lol.
I have seen a few rumours on the internet about a 6th season, maybe just that though, rumours. Unless Michael joins the CIA as you say to perform "exfiltrations" to get people out of prison, classic case of poacher turned gamekeeper.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/prison-break/news/a829635/prison-break-season-6-real-possibility/

snk123

Awful last episode imo.

No Michael, Sara, Mike reunion/closure. No mention of LJ throughout the season - i mean he was such an integral part of their lives.

Killed off Whip - the only interesting character of the series and made him look so stupid as well.
Apparently a fully trained secret agent can be killed in a few seconds even if she is holding a gun. Just grab the neck and pivot. Bam.

No mention of the Elvis guy - nor the person Jacob called to order the airstrike.

Should have also been a mention of Ja enjoying his life. Sucre, C-Note - nothing.

I mean there was so much missing and I understand there was limited screen time but they wasted so much time in showing us that ridiculous "Never stop your enemy when he's making a mistake" detail.

It surely doesn't feel like an appropriate end. Think they really messed up the last episode if they wanted to close the series with it.

Robertd0803

Awful last episode imo.

No Michael, Sara, Mike reunion/closure. No mention of LJ throughout the season - i mean he was such an integral part of their lives.

Killed off Whip - the only interesting character of the series and made him look so stupid as well.
Apparently a fully trained secret agent can be killed in a few seconds even if she is holding a gun. Just grab the neck and pivot. Bam.
Linc mentioned LJ when he was telling someone how his dive shop went bust early on in the season-think he may have said that LJ stayed with Lincs ex-girlfriend from season 3?

Loved how Whips
fate was a counter of the same move he used to kill Abu Ramal
-nice touch.

Also its T-Bag going in to T-Bag mode-should explain what happened to the CIA Agent. :lol: (did she even get a name?) he does something similar in season one out of the blue so suddenly as well so its not beyond his limit.

I enjoyed this ending much more than season 4-really thought the last scene in Fox River was fantastic.

Lots of plot holes but Ill think more positively of this series than of season 4. No Mahone even as a cameo was a little sad. No LJ was a plus. Whip and T-bags first scene was fantastic. Michael finally realizing he needed to unleash T-Bag after all this time was brilliant.

saivet

Not seen the last episode, but what phone is it that those guys have? Unlimited battery.

Big Andy

Bloke
It never explained who grabbed Michael Jr in the garden, and then he was just back and it never mentioned it again...

Robertd0803

Not seen the last episode, but what phone is it that those guys have? Unlimited battery.
:lol::lol: Yeah Im sure they said the Queen loving guy at one point was wasting the end of his battery watching videos on the phone only for that to be forgotten about.

ChrisNelson

I enjoyed the season in general but I thought series 4 was slightly better when they were piecing Scylla together.

It was obvious from early on that Jacob was going to turn out to be 'one of them'. This should have been better hidden and emerged later in the series as a proper twist.
There wasn't enough input from the minor characters like there was in the early days.
Overall though it moved along well week to week. Future wise, it was interesting that the lead baddie remained alive, potential plot for a future series there. I also wonder if a reboot will ever be considered, if they do think the characters have run their course then I think there would be interest in a new series with new characters

SirAF

Ageist
I enjoyed the season in general but I thought series 4 was slightly better when they were piecing Scylla together.

It was obvious from early on that Jacob was going to turn out to be 'one of them'. This should have been better hidden and emerged later in the series as a proper twist.
There wasn't enough input from the minor characters like there was in the early days.
Overall though it moved along well week to week. Future wise, it was interesting that the lead baddie remained alive, potential plot for a future series there. I also wonder if a reboot will ever be considered, if they do think the characters have run their course then I think there would be interest in a new series with new characters
Don't think it is necessary to use spoilers when the show has aired. Anyway, who is the lead baddie? Pretty sure Jacob was killed in that last scene..

ChrisNelson

Don't think it is necessary to use spoilers when the show has aired. Anyway, who is the lead baddie? Pretty sure Jacob was killed in that last scene..
Wasn't sure if there might be the odd person scrolling through that hadn't seen it or was undecided. Not sure re: last scene, it just shows him about to get beaten up but there's no way of knowing if he died or not. Although having said that I'm assuming T-Bag was already serving another life sentence so it wouldn't make any difference.

Sylar

I think they left it open like that in case they do want to come back to it, which as somebody watching, I had no issues with.
You can let your imagination go wild.

Robertd0803

I think they left it open like that in case they do want to come back to it, which as somebody watching, I had no issues with.
You can let your imagination go wild.
I reckon T-Bag ended up using his head as a chamberpot myself.

SirAF

Ageist
Wasn't sure if there might be the odd person scrolling through that hadn't seen it or was undecided. Not sure re: last scene, it just shows him about to get beaten up but there's no way of knowing if he died or not. Although having said that I'm assuming T-Bag was already serving another life sentence so it wouldn't make any difference.
I'm pretty sure he killed him! Makes no sense for T-Bag not to kill him, tbh. The guy was responsible for his sons death.

Sylar

It says it, but can easily be changed to TBag just torturing him if they wanna bring him back.
Hopefully though thats pretty much the end. Every major thing has been tied up.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Rewatching Prison Break and have to say the much maligned 4th series has been pretty fun to watch (halfway through) even if it is ridiculous - it’s entertaining!

Hated season 3 though.

Last edited:

thepolice123

Best season is still season 1 for me. TV show at its finest. It was pure thrill.

Sylar

Damn. Was hoping this was bumped for a crazy announcement like Prison Break are going into Space or some shit. :lol:

Season 1 is one of my favourite seasons of any show. Absolutely brilliant.
Same. Its even great on rewatch despite knowing whats going to happen.

Season 3 as a standalone season not related to anything is fun but is ultimately useless in the whole story of this show. Remove the season and theres no characters or story that you would miss going from 2 straight to 4.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Same. Its even great on rewatch despite knowing whats going to happen.

Season 3 as a standalone season not related to anything is fun but is ultimately useless in the whole story of this show. Remove the season and theres no characters or story that you would miss going from 2 straight to 4.
I just re-watched it the other month and like you say it is still awesome.

Aye 3 was poor really, I think it suffered due to that writer strike there was at the time. 2 is really good (I think William Fitchner is a brilliant actor) and 4 is really fun. The most recent one was fun too I thought. I hope they do another :D

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Just watched season 5 again and I still get nightmares over the fact Michael and his team were stuck in solitary for four years. That's like when Jose was still at Chelsea to now in a box with nothing to do :houllier:

Then they got caught again and were facing probably double that time minimum in the same box, I think at that point I would just deliberately get myself shot.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Only kept watching this for the original characters. Without them, I can't see it being good.

SirAF

Ageist
Only kept watching this for the original characters. Without them, I can't see it being good.
My first thought as well. However, a more gritty prison environment than what syndicate telly would allow does seem a bit appealing. I'm thinking OZ with an escape! (Not Busmalis).

Sylar

Can see it being cancelled or something similar.

Wentworth said he was done with the PB universe and in general playing hetro characters so rules out a cameo

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The premise of having people break out of prison gets stale when the same characters keep ending up back in prison just to break out.

I think having new people break out prison can be refreshing. The series may have worked better as an anthology.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
The premise of having people break out of prison gets stale when the same characters keep ending up back in prison just to break out.

I think having new people break out prison can be refreshing. The series may have worked better as an anthology.
I thought more about having them in there somewhere would be nice. Just like cameos at the very least.

Big Andy

Bloke
The first two series of the original was some of the best telly ever. It went ridiculous after that.

How would it even work this time round? The whole tattoo your entire body with the escape plan can't be done again.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The first two series of the original was some of the best telly ever. It went ridiculous after that.

How would it even work this time round? The whole tattoo your entire body with the escape plan can't be done again.
He tattoos the entire world