Problems between Fernandes and Matic?

Walters_19_MuFc

Nothing in this and it shows that both are highly competitive. Having said that, this is the second time this has happened publicly where Bruno has been involved (the first being Lindelof). Maybe it's something he can learn to deal with better or behind closed doors.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Waiting for the media to pick this up now and report it like a Fuller-Griffin or Dyer-Bowyer incident.

On a serious note though, players are allowed to have disagreements and I'd rather see this than a finger pointing underperformer asking other players to man up and calling himself the manager's sergeant in an interview. Pretty sure Bruno and Matic will move on from this.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Nothing too noteworthy. Clearly Bruno is very vocal with his team mates (no doubt often rightly so) and you'd expect some of them to be vocal right back (no doubt often rightly so too). Players demanding more of each other is a good thing, as is the likes of Lindelof and Matic having strong enough personalities to argue back against the team's main man.

It's only a problem if it gets out of hand or starts impacting the players negatively. Matic hardly seems like an overly precious sort so I doubt he gives a feck anyway. Not like Bruno was screaming at some timid kid.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I don't mind it but I don't like the shove tbh. Matic might think he can push someone just becasue he's bigger but in terms of football ability, he's nowhere near.

Fernandes does a lot of pointing of fingers and cussing and bawling people out on the pitch and also from what we’re hearing in the dressing room.

All well and good when you’re top dog in a substandard sporting Lisbon side but when you’re telling multiple trophy winners like matic at the end of their careers what to do I can’t imagine it goes down very well.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If this was Henderson, the English media would be bending over backwards to recognise what a 'leader' he is.

I much preferred it when Lukaku was giving the thumbs up to Lingard for a pass that missed him by about 20 yards because of his poor movement and Lingards terrible pass.
Imagine if Lukaku was still here and Bruno had to deal with that guy's first touch. I would expect Lukaku to try to bully him to protect his pathetic ego.

Foxbatt

When you do that with footballers like Bruno Fernandes and says something like that to a man like Matic, it says a lot about the mentality of the team and it shows that they care and want to win. I tell ya I luv it I simply luv it.

sparx99

The WADA recommendation was about 2 years. Rio getting a few months was lenient
Thats nonsense. A city youth player was given a warning while Jaap Stam and few others who tested positive were given less punishment. Rio should’ve played the race card.

JohnnyKills

Fernandes does a lot of pointing of fingers and cussing and bawling people out on the pitch and also from what we’re hearing in the dressing room.

All well and good when you’re top dog in a substandard sporting Lisbon side but when you’re telling multiple trophy winners like matic at the end of their careers what to do I can’t imagine it goes down very well.
This

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
This thread still on? Why? That is nothing story. So many of you, including Liverpool fan who should keep his mouth shut and concentrate on his own players who can't stand each other, are hate to say, snowflakes. Making something that is normal in every team sport like it is the end of the world, Michael bloody Jordan did it all the time, where were you then? Oh, there was no internet warriors then.
Or would you prefer 10 players standing and fixing their hair while one of their own is lifted from the grass and taken outside of the pitch by a player of the other team?
As said, nothing story, but I guess some people have nothing better to do.

Merry Christmas!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Thats nonsense. A city youth player was given a warning while Jaap Stam and few others who tested positive were given less punishment. Rio should’ve played the race card.
Whatever mate. I spoke to a WADA official at The National Sports Centre Crystal Palace. But I guess you know better.

the punishment for missing a test has to be bigger than for testing positive - otherwise if you have taken something, you would just miss the test.

ExoduS

Matic deserves to be shouted at for time to time. He gets into "cruise" mode and if he misreads something you rarely see fire in his ass to try to get back into position or to fix the mistake. Bruno on another hands runs like a maniac whole game + he is also smart player and makes usually smart decisions. Matic didn't really have to push Fernandes - just tell him to 'f**k off' and move on with the game.

sparx99

Whatever mate. I spoke to a WADA official at The National Sports Centre Crystal Palace. But I guess you know better.
I’m sure WADA recommended it. I’m just saying it’s bullshit and was completely overblown compared to other comparable situations at the time.

He was tested the next day and was negative. I know you have to be available for your random drug tests etc etc but the whole thing for Rio was nonsense.

sparx99

the punishment for missing a test has to be bigger than for testing positive - otherwise if you have taken something, you would just miss the test.
Yeah, I could almost agree with this if it wasn’t for the city youth player getting nothing but a slap on the wrist. Rio missed a whole season of his career.

Cantona in disguise

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about I played football (obviously not at the same level and media coverage) with my best mates for years and we would very often bawl each other out. Half time got heated very often. We wanted to win every match even at our level. That's what competitive sport is about. Soft to think otherwise

Oldyella

Yeah, I could almost agree with this if it wasn’t for the city youth player getting nothing but a slap on the wrist. Rio missed a whole season of his career.
If they let one of the biggest players in the country get away with skipping a test that would be a dangerous precedent. He was always going to get hit by a big ban.

Pablo18th

About time. Fernandes plays at high level, sets high standards and actually takes playing for Manchester United as high honor. He should ask those around him to do the same, when you are on the pitch let's concentrate fighting for the badge.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

If you need a kick up the arse you need one, doesnt matter how much you won. Finally we have someone telling others off!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I’m sure WADA recommended it. I’m just saying it’s bullshit and was completely overblown compared to other comparable situations at the time.

He was tested the next day and was negative. I know you have to be available for your random drug tests etc etc but the whole thing for Rio was nonsense.
On that we can agree

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Bruno works his tail off, every time the team loses the ball. That's the kind of accountability that's been missing at the club since Rooney left.

Dinghy

Hopefully Matic gives Bruno a bollocking for trying to nutmeg players just outside our box.