Prometheus

Chrisjn

Originally intdended to be a prequel to the original 'Alien' film, but is now thought to be more of a stand alone film, whilst still being within the 'Alien Universe.'

Apparently the film will involve/explain the space jokey/pilot scene from the original.*

Ridley Scott is the director, so I have massive hopes for this. Should be out 2012.

Scott.
The film will be really tough, really nasty. It's the dark side of the moon. We are talking about gods and engineers. Engineers of space. And were the aliens designed as a form of biological warfare? Or biology that would go in and clean up a planet?

EXCLUSIVE: Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It - Sky Movies HD
It turns out that Ridley Scott's recent comments that Prometheus would be a departure from the Aliens series are somewhat misleading.

An exclusive source has told us that not only are HR Giger's classic aliens in it, but that they're integral to the plot.

Mere hours after the announcement that Michael Fassbender is locked in to play an android with rumoured links to Aliens' Bishop series, our insider sources have revealed that he's not the only one with strong links to the series' past.

Alien 27This is back too...."They’ve built the ‘space jockey’ cockpit at Pinewood as seen in the original Alien film, so it definitely takes place in the same world as Alien", they told us.

"Despite that press release that seemed to indicate there were no aliens in the movie, the familiar HR Giger-style aliens do appear. Big ones apparently."

And as for Scott's comments noting that "keen fans will recognise strands of Alien's DNA"?

It turns out there was the slightest hint of misdirection - apparently the actual DNA of the xenomorphs is integral to the plot - and will see the cast jet off to the alien homeworld itself.

"Part of the film will be shot in Morocco. I’ve heard that some sort of archaeological dig where they discover alien DNA takes place there and that DNA gives them the coordinates for an alien world. I’ve also heard Morocco is being used for alien planet landscapes so I’m not sure if it’s an archaeological dig on another planet," they revealed.

It gets weirder too, with Damon Lindelof's script set to crank up the sci-fi angle to maximum effect.

"The main spaceship in the film will be piloted by an enormous head which I assume will be CGI. Yep, sounds weird but I assume some of the technology will be sort of biomechanical
."

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Ive always wondered what the back story is on teh dead giant alien thing.

I trust Ridley Scott to make Alien great again.

hungrywing

The screenplay that this is based on is available online if you have a couple hours to kill. Google "Shadow 19 Spaihts"

Again, it's not the actual Prometheus script, only the screenplay that got the writer the job. But most of the major plot points seem to have carried over. It's also a quite faithful adaptation (AKA I have no idea how he was planning not to get sued were the original script ever produced) of this book:

Rogue Moon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Only just heard about this the other day (Thread title spelt wrong btw) after the Blade Runner sequel announcement but my God it sounds promising.

The cast list alone includes Idris Elba, Michael Fassbender, Ben Foster & Charlize Theron so it's already off to a good start.

I notice that Scott has tried to distance it from the Alien franchise somewhat (probably more to keep an element of surprise in) but for all intents and purposes this is a proper prequel to the events in the 1st (and still the best IMO) movie.

I found this website that seems pretty good for the latest news

Alien Prequel News: Movie Details

The following synopsis sounds fantastic if there's any truth to it

Earth. Year 2058.
Archaeological digs in Africa reveals alien artifacts that proves
humans were genetically engineered by a advanced alien race (space
jockeys). These "Alien Gods" also terraformed Earth in order to make
it habitable for their human creations.
Amongst the finds are coordinates to the Alien Gods' home-world.
To Paradise.
Months later the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship PROMETHEUS and his
crew, into deep space to make first contact. Thanks to faster than
light travel a few years later the PROMETHEUS enters the Zeta Riticuli
star system. Humans are greeted by their makers, then transported
further into space to a scary yet fascinating world.
The Alien Gods are proud of their "children", their first creation to
reach such levels of intelligence.
As a reward they share bits of their astonishing bio-based
technologies with the humans.
But for one member of the Prometheus' crew it's not enough.
In a treacherous act he steals the "bio-source code" to Terraforming,
A technology at the origin of all Gods' powers, that could make humans
equal to their creators.
The Alien Gods may be scientists but are also ruthless conquerors,
destroyers of worlds who will not accept humans as equals.
They unleash on the escaping human crew their favorite bio-weapon, a
creature used to "clean up" worlds before colonization. But something
goes wrong in the process and humans manage to turn the bio-weapon
against their makers. Giving birth to a smarter, nastier, bigger breed
of gut eating creatures. Creatures that will be the demise of
Paradise.
What's left of the Prometheus crew manages to escape the doomed alien planet.
On their trail a survivor Alien God on a familiar ship with an
ultimate mission.
Bring the wrath of the Gods to Earth.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Really good interview with Ridley Scott about Prometheus here

Looking forward to this more than any other film next year. And yes, I include TDR.

And the poster

Ray Peterson

Reserve Team Player
EGE: Final question. I have a feeling what the answer will be, but many want to know. Will we see the original xenomorph in Prometheus?

RS: No. Absolutely not. They squeezed it dry. He (the xenomorph) did very well. (He laughs) He survived, he’s now in Disneyland in Orlando, and no way am I going back there. How did he end up in Disneyland? I saw him in Disneyland, Jesus Christ!
:lol:

Zen86

I'm really looking forward to this, as long as it's as far away from AVP and Resurrection as possible.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Really looking forward to it on the back of the cast and the fact that Ridley Scott obviously knows how to make his critically acclaimed blockbuster types, but I really hope it isn't like Alien.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Jebus, that looks cracking.

They were asking for trouble though really, calling the ship Prometheus and whatnot.

Ixion

Gonna be epic. My most anticipated film of next year.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Oh, and that's one damn fine fecking teaser trailer right there. No silly voice over. No over use of title cards or footage from previous films. Just bangerangage from start to finish.

Notice anything else?

KanieKaned

deeeeee-fecking-lisch man, looks the bollocks already, i reckon there is gonna be mammoth hype with this. Rumours of this teaser being an advert for the even bigger trailer to follow.

Cock is well n truly out

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Notice what Mockney? Did we not all know what this was all about? He said the Alien "jockey" would be explained in this movie months ago

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I want it now.

Mockney

It was more a continuation of the first "notice anything" regarding the huge similarities of the trailers than any kind of revelation. As I said, I like a callback me. Though it's interesting it's even in the trailer, especially since Scott & Lindeloff have been playing down the connection to Alien any chance they get (so to release a basic carbon copy of the original trailer with a prominent shot of the connecting theme is a big clue they were bluffing) and even more so that there's a man standing next to it, who looks quite big and odd compared to the humans in the original...Stop being such a pedantic cnut, you pedantic cnut.

Oh, and notice anything else? :p

hungrywing

Notice what Mockney? Did we not all know what this was all about? He said the Alien "jockey" would be explained in this movie months ago
Also, that synopsis spoiler someone posted earlier is looking dead on.

Anyone who's read this far into the thread without succumbing to temptation and is thinking about giving it a peek might want to think twice.

I want it inside my ribcage now.

Zen

I had no hope for this considering Ridley hadn't made a good film in beyond years(Thelma and Louise, and well Gladiator though I don't like it), but it's a cracking teaser tbh. Hope it's not messed up from here though.

cinc

I had no hope for this considering Ridley hadn't made a good film in beyond years(Thelma and Louise, and well Gladiator though I don't like it), but it's a cracking teaser tbh. Hope it's not messed up from here though.
Matchstick Men was great and American Gangster wasnt entirely without its merits.

Mockney

Pointless wanky fanboy bollocks, but well put together, and worth posting after my whole "hey aren't the trailers similar" bit.

Chrisjn

This looks absolutely class.

pssst, someone change the thread title...
The Alien

The Alien in Prometheus will be very reminiscent of the original "Xenomorph" seen in the popular sci-fi Alien series; originally kicked off by Ridley Scott aswell. However, these new creatures are said to be much, much larger than the Xeno's we are familiar with; being a product of Alien DNA and Space Jockey, the Alien product will look different, and will be extremely large in size.

The overall features which make "Alien" so Alien will be easily noticable according to inside sources with minor changes to suit that of the host species; in this case the unfortunate pilot Space Jockey. This follows the original Alien canon of host-dependant characteristics. Aliens born of humans, equal human-Alien crossed byproduct. Aliens born from dogs, equal dog-Alien crossed byproduct. So the fact that an Alien born from the enormous Space Jockey would be larger than that born of a human would make perfect sense.

Whether these Aliens bleed acid or not is still unknown, aswell as the "second jaw" characteristic which was so unqiue to the original "Alien's". Not much is known regarding bodily features, but we do have a small grasp on what to expect in terms of behavior. These Aliens are said to act differently, more perverse and a strong sexual infleuence is hinted in recent sourced news articles regarding the film's progress.

The concept of the infint Alien bursting through the chests of their victims is still rumoured to be a characteristic of these creatures. Which leads us to believe that the classic "Alien life cycle" has not be interrupted in the re-design for this film. But there may be variants, again not much is known this early in developement.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Bah I've been staring at this thread title for a good minute trying to figure out what was wrong with it, before realizing Wibble has probably already corrected it. I even went as far as going over the phonetic spelling in my head over and over