Proposal to adopt Argentina as the Caf's official World Cup team

Oranges038

This guy knows. Feck Argentina. Feck Ronaldo. I stand with Antony, Casemiro and the Pastor. Vamos Brazil!

:lol::lol::lol:

I don't like Fred at all, but I'd rather see him and Brazil even with Neymar win the world cup over Di Maria.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Why not? I like Portuguese too. And Brazil and France, I don’t mind Spain. And Cameroon if they are in it :)

gregor

He would be one of the main reasons to cheer for Brazil.
Nah, that is just wrong. It's a shame WC isn't one month later, so he would be "injured" and back in Brazil for his sister's birthday.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I'm portuguese and I'm all up to it. We stand no chance with an a** kisser defensive manager that will put an out of form and completely mentally unstable player just to completely f*ck up the squad morale. Messi to lift the WC FTW

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Oh come one. You have your 2nd Dutch coach in like 5 years and have been dazzled by brilliant Dutch players like Büttner and Memphis Depay. Surely you can only dye the caf 1 colour. It's only a few shades lighter than red anyway.

Cloud7

I will still root for Brazil because of Neymar, but Argentina will now be my second choice for Martinez

Giggsy13

How about just feck the World Cup in general. Thankfully I’ll have my fill of the NFL and NBA during this needless break for a corrupt World Cup.

norm87cro

The CAF is very much international and there are still english on the CAF so f... no.
If there is some team then it has to be a general nice underdog type of team punchig above its weight to get most of us going (you know the irish CAF isnt supporting England any time soon, the english are not supporting Argentina etc)
Something like Cameroon or Japan or Mexico.

norm87cro

How about just feck the World Cup in general. Thankfully I’ll have my fill of the NFL and NBA during this needless break for a corrupt World Cup.
Yeah, the NFL has got me through this though United years since I started watching it in 2014 as a fan of the sport. It got me thinking that some people actually enjoy football since they dont have any strong preference and just have the time of their life watching the CL final. Thats how I feel watching the NFL play offs. It just makes me sad it ends in february and then I have United to torture me.

Mshafeek

Honestly dude, this constant 'feck the wc' is ample proof you aren't 'fecking' it as you would like to - so much so that you have to come to a thread obviously relevant only those interested in it , with a host of other 'feck' threads active, and say feck the wc...

Rinnegan240

Argentina have a bunch of cnuts I just can't get to liking at all.

I'll sit this one out.

Steffa Barnesa

The CAF is very much international and there are still english on the CAF so f... no.
If there is some team then it has to be a general nice underdog type of team punchig above its weight to get most of us going (you know the irish CAF isnt supporting England any time soon, the english are not supporting Argentina etc)
Something like Cameroon or Japan or Mexico.
Good points, ideally you want a bit of an underdog but not a no hoper. I always adopt a team, and can get quite passionate about them. Japan was my choice in 2002, and still remains an obvious one: many people like the place, people and culture; the way the fans cleared up the stadiums after the games; they play good football and were unfortunate in maybe the best game of the tounament last time round vs Belgium; and it's intriguing whether they can pull off an upset against Spain or Germany in the group stage.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'm in. Seeing Messi win the World Cup would be great.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah, the NFL has got me through this though United years since I started watching it in 2014 as a fan of the sport. It got me thinking that some people actually enjoy football since they dont have any strong preference and just have the time of their life watching the CL final. Thats how I feel watching the NFL play offs. It just makes me sad it ends in february and then I have United to torture me.
Weird comment! If you don’t like watching United you could, you know, not?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We've got four players in the Brazil squad... FOUR(!)

It's the most United representation at the tournament, so they have to be the cafs team surely?

CallyRed

We do have great relationships with our ex Argentinian players. I'm in.

norm87cro

Weird comment! If you don’t like watching United you could, you know, not?
Jesus man its just is that a lot of us care so much that it becomes more like a burden when things are not going so well but we still do it. No need for nitpicking.

Redfrog

I want Ronaldo to win the world cup because this place would absolutely rip itself apart.
Not for reasonable people.
I think Ronaldo did us a favor. Perfect excuse to get ride. The guy is finished and ridiculed himself but he is to narcissistic to even see it.