Pros and cons of keeping Jose as our manager.

bleedred

If you could get Pochettino in tomorrow, how many of you would want Jose sacked today?
For now, no.

But, If we have a similar month in January where we are out of the cup and free falling in the league, I would take him!

I have lost hope that he can get the teMback on track, but I m willing to give him sometime atleast to get out of this blip

bleedred

The atmosphere around United is just depressing atm, players must surely be affected by it themselves.

I fear the morale is so low that the results will continue like today, unless we shake it up with a few players or a new manager.

Our attack is devoid of creativity. We do the same over and over again.

Sacking a manager in his 2nd season while being 3rd in the table seems insane, at least for Utd, but it’s more about how we seem to be deteriorating.

Hopefully it’s just a bump in the road.

Don’t worry, we won’t be third if we have another month like this.

Then I won’t feel there would be any outcry from any of the fans!

Greck

Starting to think the squad is a mismatch with Mourinho and can't help but feel we brought him in at the wrong time frame of our rebuild.

Still grateful he's stabilised us and restored expectations of excellence. Remember how when we conceded in the LVG years we just knew we were going to lose and there was no way back

El Jefe

Pros:
  • Stability in defence
  • Will be successful if he acquires the players suited to his style
  • Capable of winning cup competitions
  • Isn't as stubborn as as other top managers and will look to rectify problems quite early

Cons:
  • Embarrassing bus parking tactics in away PL or CL games which no longer seem to work
  • Not valuing possession of the football against the lesser teams when we are ahead
  • Ridiculous attitude towards young players e.g stripping Martial of the No.9 after a great year and disgracing Luke Shaw saying "he used his body with my brain" on live TV after a game. Even more distasteful when you consider Shaw broke his leg the season before.
  • Hard work and grit over technique and flair. Players identified in transfer market will follow this pattern too
  • Bound to fall out with the players and/or board at some time in the future
It might not seem like it but I'm a fan of Jose, I just don't see him working at a big club without a DoF to perform some checks and balances on him.

Andersons Dietician

That would be a disaster. Pochettino is right at his level now - Spurs. I hope the people who run the club have learnt their lesson after Moyes to not hire managers whose only achievements and credentials are manager of the month awards.
People need to get over this idea quickly. The times of managers coming out of nowhere and winning the champions league with unfancied teams is gone. The money in the game has gone to a different level. Poch is clearly a really good manager hence why Real are favourites to get him. He is competing with financial powerhouses with Spurs and overachieving. What could he do with more resources at his disposal is what you should be asking.

May I point out Jose is one of the most decorated managers and is doing a horrible job, so was LVG and according to many he was the antichrist. This is why we are stuck in the mud because of opinions like this, absoulutly no vision or thought.