Protests planned for the match on Sunday?

Jericholyte2

Morning all.

I've seen online there's a few outlets suggesting that more protests are planned for the game against Liverpool. Do we know any specific reason for this? Is it simply a case where, with the team playing poorly and results turning, fans have suddenly remembered that we have bad owners who leach money from the club?

Is there actually any credibility to these reports or do we think it's going to be a lot of smoke without fire?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Morning all.

I've seen online there's a few outlets suggesting that more protests are planned for the game against Liverpool. Do we know any specific reason for this? Is it simply a case where, with the team playing poorly and results turning, fans have suddenly remembered that we have bad owners who leach money from the club?

Is there actually any credibility to these reports or do we think it's going to be a lot of smoke without fire?
The Glazers should be protested as often as people can. Doesn’t matter if it’s prompted by bad results etc.

They’re awful owners and shouldn’t get an easy ride. They should know that the fanbase is perpetually angered by them being at Utd.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Morning all.

There is no protest.

djembatheking

If you are going to protest it needs doing at the biggest games to cause most disruption and the Glazers are still cnuts so it is a good opportunity.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Morning all.

What is the point. It makes the fans look bad. Then they get the game postponed and look what happened last season in the rematch. Liverpool hammered us. Might as well let the game happen, us get hammered and get a new manager. It just makes it look like we are right behind an incompetent manager. They have given him loads of backing this season. If the signings are not right Ole has let it happen. Maybe the owners need a manager who will keep them on their toes not a lapdog.

DomesticTadpole

Well yeh?
Then that defeats the purpose. The owners are not great, but we have an awful manager, who they will keep, because the bloody fans are right behind him. There is no point cheering him, the moaning to social media, radio and Youtube channels after the game. It just makes them look a bit dim.

RonaldoVII

Then that defeats the purpose. The owners are not great, but we have an awful manager, who they will keep, because the bloody fans are right behind him. There is no point cheering him, the moaning to social media, radio and Youtube channels after the game. It just makes them look a bit dim.
See you there on Sunday then?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I have zero interest in ever directing any abuse at Ole, that is madness. Regardless If i think he's good enough for the job at hand.

I'll happily abuse our ownership day in, day out and twice on Sundays. They're a parasite on the club and always have been.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I'll probably be lynched for this, but since the last protest, have we not seen a difference in the Glazers? They've joined a couple of the fan forums, they backed the manager in the summer, they've committed to improving facilities.

The protest last season got the Glazers' attention and was on the back of the Super League. It was required and it worked. If you're protesting now, what are you protesting for? The Glazers aren't going to sell because you've told them to.

We know the Glazers are shit. The way they bought the club was ridiculous and should've never been allowed. We know they have taken huge sums of money out of the club.

If there is a protest, it'll be viewed as protesting because we're not winning, in my opinion.

DomesticTadpole

I have zero interest in ever directing any abuse at Ole, that is madness. Regardless If i think he's good enough for the job at hand.

I'll happily abuse our ownership day in, day out and twice on Sundays. They're a parasite on the club and always have been.
I do know it is awkward. If it wasn't Ole they would have no qualms about it. As has been mentioned elsewhere what are the options out there for a manager. Remember Newcastle and their zillions will be wanting one as well. It's a bloody mess. The owners are happy with CL football, so then the option is complete failure to get even EL football. That is not exactly great.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Understandable if it’s against Ole

Also, anti-Glazer sentiments are probably increased by seeing Newcastle fans rejoicing over their new owners and “getting their club back”

DomesticTadpole

Also, anti-Glazer sentiments are probably increased by seeing Newcastle fans rejoicing over their new owners and “getting their club back”
Newcastle were a darn sight cheaper than United though. The Glazers have driven the value of the club up for their own gains, that unless the value plummets, not sure who would find us an attractive proposition. Unless it is another type of state buyout, which nobody seems to want. They are the only ones who can afford to put endless money in and not be too worried about a return on their outlay barring trophies. A very rich business man would want to take money out.

Wilt

Understandable as both seem to be joined at the hip.

sewey89

That's not true though, is it? They've joined fan forums and they've put commitments on record.

I'm not supporting them in any way, please don't get me wrong, but we cannot just endlessly protest without allowing them to respond to their first protest. For a strong protest, you need to have a clear message and a clear realistic aim. I'm not sure what that aim would be if there was a protest on Sunday.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
That's not true though, is it? They've joined fan forums and they've put commitments on record.

I'm not supporting them in any way, please don't get me wrong, but we cannot just endlessly protest without allowing them to respond to their first protest. For a strong protest, you need to have a clear message and a clear realistic aim. I'm not sure what that aim would be if there was a protest on Sunday.
Just to reiterate, there is no protest.

And sorry mate but commitments on record :lol:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I'll probably be lynched for this, but since the last protest, have we not seen a difference in the Glazers? They've joined a couple of the fan forums, they backed the manager in the summer, they've committed to improving facilities.

The protest last season got the Glazers' attention and was on the back of the Super League. It was required and it worked. If you're protesting now, what are you protesting for? The Glazers aren't going to sell because you've told them to.

We know the Glazers are shit. The way they bought the club was ridiculous and should've never been allowed. We know they have taken huge sums of money out of the club.

If there is a protest, it'll be viewed as protesting because we're not winning, in my opinion.
I think I agree with this.

sewey89

Just to reiterate, there is no protest.
I'll get back in my box then :lol:

And sorry mate but commitments on record :lol:
Oh, I absolutely agree. I don't trust them to back what they say. I just think that you have to allow them to break the promises before protesting against them for it, if that makes sense?

Womp

idiot
It's just a bit pointless, isn't it? They aren't going anywhere. Who/what is remaining that would even be able to afford the club? The Saudis have moved onto Newcastle and won't buy another club in the EPL, which was probably the last remaining realistic option.

Red00012

Bought Ronaldo . Share price went up . 2 of them sell part of their shares for £18 million. £18 million into their pockets. £0 put back into the club.

Red00012

Embarrassing if we protest just because our results are shit again.

K Stand Knut

Would you rather we boo the team and chant for the manager to be sacked?

United Hobbit

It had better not cause it to be postponed as I'm travelling on a 7 hour coach journey there and back to see it!!

Protest but do NOT go on the pitch and get the game called off!

I feel the club have backed Ole this summer, perhaps generated by the protests. I think its a large part why we signed Ronaldo to try and satisfy the fans.

They'd be listening to the majority of fans if they pulled the trigger on a certain managers tenure....

More protests planned?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
So according to social media, apparently there will be some more protests on November 13th outside OT at 3pm.

Anyone have more information about this?

Will you be attending?