Proud of Rashford, Maguire and Sancho to Step Up

Flytan

You basically debunked your own theory there. Nicely done.
No, I just don't think he has the skill level to be a great player even if he focused entirely on football (and again he shouldn't what he's doing is more important to him). But sure, keep being hostile because someone doesn't think Rashford is the best thing on earth.

Flytan

Please break down how you came to that "hundreds of hours" figure.
How on earth would he be able to do as much as he's done the past few years if he wasn't spending a decent amount of time on it? Like do you people think he shows up to a soup kitchen for 5 minutes and leaves or something?

Ixion

Rashford doesn't get more time off than other players, he doesn't miss training or games to do any charity work. he doesn't have more free time or hours in the week than anyone else. If he didn't do charity work he'd be playing video games, or reading books, or cooking, or travelling, or buying cars, race horses, or whatever else they fill their time with. They're not all doing 24/7 training while Rashford pisses off early to feed kids. They're all doing something with their time, you just dont know what it is so can't use it as a stick to beat them. Rashford has contributed more goals and assists than anyone else but Fernandes while carrying injury after injury. He has easily done his fair share.

How on earth would he be able to do as much as he's done the past few years if he wasn't spending a decent amount of time on it? Like do you people think he shows up to a soup kitchen for 5 minutes and leaves or something?
I think you're overestimating how much time it takes him to bang out a 200 character tweet every now and then and have his agent and team arrange places for him to go.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
No, I just don't think he has the skill level to be a great player even if he focused entirely on football (and again he shouldn't what he's doing is more important to him). But sure, keep being hostile because someone doesn't think Rashford is the best thing on earth.
:lol: Of course, that's the point being made by all Rashford supporters.

I think there are quite a few of you who are so unfulfilled in life that you seek to denigrate others, especially as you devote your sad little life to hammering home very silly points.

Flytan

:lol: Of course, that's the point being made by all Rashford supporters.

I think there are quite a few of you who are so unfulfilled in life that you seek to denigrate others, especially as you devote your sad little life to hammering home very silly points.
Nice flame dude

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Then why do you need to add the charity work as a factor impacting his ability?

Ixion

The biggest thing Rashford has done is get the Government to perform a couple of U-Turns on free school meals which he did via Twitter and a bunch of tweets. It doesn't take up that much time to bang out a tweet. He isn't devoting 12 hours a day crafting them. He tweets, the press and fans pick up on it and apply pressure to the Government. Done.

Inigo Montoya

The biggest thing Rashford has done is get the Government to perform a couple of U-Turns on free school meals which he did via Twitter and a bunch of tweets. It doesn't take up that much time to bang out a tweet. He isn't devoting 12 hours a day crafting them. He tweets, the press and fans pick up on it and apply pressure to the Government. Done.
Now that's being a tad reductive....just a tad

Ixion

Now that's being a tad reductive....just a tad
Well, I'm trying to go the other way to the suggestion he's devoting hundreds of hours of his time constantly. He has done a lot via social media posts.

Inigo Montoya

Well, I'm trying to go the other way to the suggestion he's devoting hundreds of hours of his time constantly. He has done a lot via social media posts.
So between devoting 900 hours a week as the other poster stated and banging out a couple of Tweets like some modern day Edmund Burke...the truth must be somewhere in between

Flytan

Then why do you need to add the charity work as a factor impacting his ability?
Because it's how he spends his time. I'd rather him spend his free time bettering humanity than playing FIFA until 3 AM on the eve of a tournament game (Griezeman). No one can concentrate on football entirely but he's choosing politics which in itself is a very polarizing field whilst at the same time being a professional footballer. Players need an escape from stress and I think mental health wise he probably needs some sort of reset.

It's a hard point to make clear. I couldn't care less about english politics but assuming it's like US politics, people lose their mind when it comes to them, on both sides of the spectrum and I feel that's what people are doing in this thread.

Inigo Montoya

Because it's how he spends his time. I'd rather him spend his free time bettering humanity than playing FIFA until 3 AM on the eve of a tournament game (Griezeman). No one can concentrate on football entirely but he's choosing politics which in itself is a very polarizing field whilst at the same time being a professional footballer. Players need an escape from stress and I think mental health wise he probably needs some sort of reset.

It's a hard point to make clear. I couldn't care less about english politics but assuming it's like US politics, people lose their mind when it comes to them, on both sides of the spectrum and I feel that's what people are doing in this thread.
He really isn't

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

That's better. While there is some shithousery in the UK with respect to Marcus feeding kids, it's not at the levels we saw in the US during the Trump presidency so I don't think it does much to him in that respect. Rather, he's doing good things so his mentality and confidence should be in a very good place.

Marcus takes good care of himself (except for his insentience on playing through injury), has a level head on his shoulders and is of impeccable character from what we've seen so far. To my knowledge he hasn't missed training due to meetings with politicians or to make PB&J sandwiches for kindergartners so bringing the charity work into a discussion about his football carries with it an undertone of rather unpalatable views. As far as we know he is doing everything the club asks of him with respect to training so that's why there is so much backlash when posters use the charity work as a stick to beat him with.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Love the guy
Yeah, he’s one I can’t wait to get back into the stadium to support. Hopefully he’ll be bursting a few bubbles on the Caf again before long. Posted great numbers still last season, even if it did trail off.

Swiss_Red89

Love the guy
Reading this had me on the verge of tears....

Is it possible that the connection between him and the United fanbase will get even stronger because of this miss?

His confidence is probably on an all time low atm. He will need our support big time next season.

Oranges038

Rashford and Sancho were dropped in it by Southgate. The 7 subs allowed him to be a chicken and not try and bring them on in normal time to win it, his negative bullshit tactics got them there, but he was just too afraid to lose. Two minutes is not enough time to adjust to the atmosphere and the pressure to take the penalty. Fair play to them for stepping up, but they should not have been put in that situation.

They were utterly let down by a coward of a manager.
We don’t know. If, and it’s a big if, Sterling and Grelish wouldn’t step up or outright said they didn’t want to take it then the manager has no option but to let the best from those that have the courage to step up go first regardless of age or minutes on the pitch.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We don’t know. If, and it’s a big if, Sterling and Grelish wouldn’t step up or outright said they didn’t want to take it then the manager has no option but to let the best from those that have the courage to step up go first regardless of age or minutes on the pitch.
The cowardly part was his approach to each and every game, but especially how he set out in the final, and his subs. He was cowardly for fearing defeat in case he subbed on Sancho, Rashford or Grealish earlier, because apparently for a team to be "balanced" defensively, you need 5 defenders, 2 DM's, and then exclusively wingers who are the hardest working defensively in the squad. He was too scared to go for the win, that's why he is a coward.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Love the guy
I was reading Alan Shearer's Athletic article and he was talking about how it was such a long and lonely walk to and from the penalty spot... It's crazy how the first picture encapsulates that so well.

My heart really goes out to the 3 of them. Rashford specifically.

TheGodsInRed

Well Grealish has already tweeted that he wanted to take one but wasn't chosen by Southgate. Sounds like these guys just scored the most pens in training so he went with them, obviously that doesn't take into account the pressure, and I think experience helps a lot with that. I get Rashford and Sancho as both have taken quite a few pens, but Saka was such a bizzare choice.

The cowardly part was his approach to each and every game, but especially how he set out in the final, and his subs. He was cowardly for fearing defeat in case he subbed on Sancho, Rashford or Grealish earlier, because apparently for a team to be "balanced" defensively, you need 5 defenders, 2 DM's, and then exclusively wingers who are the hardest working defensively in the squad. He was too scared to go for the win, that's why he is a coward.
This I agree. He was needlessly defensive and didn’t play to our strengths and in doing so played into the hands of Italy’s strengths.

Just read this online.

This guy still makes me as proud as any player I've ever seen wear our shirt.
This is what I love and want more of, in all aspects of life. We give too much attention to disgusting minority of racists or negative things and fail to appreciate and give attention to the overwhelming positives.

In the case of the vile racist abuse at Rashford, Sancho and Sako… I felt it would have been better to report and ignore those cretins and instead trend all the positives eg Southgate and the England squad consoling Sako, the 100,000s, if not more, positive messages left on each players social media, the numerous people who fixed the mural vs actions of one or two who tried defacing the mural etc.

That would have been the best way to deprive those trolls of what they seek and also end euro20 which has been very positive for the nation on socially positive and inclusive high which could continue.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Proud of the lads and come back to a club and majority fanbase that will adore you. To be honest I've never trusted southgate since he threw Greenwood under the bus.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Maguire's pen was insane as well.

Southgate did try to get the others on earlier. Still not early enough, but they were stood at the side for a while. The game even stopped and they didn't let them come on.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Maguire's pen was insane as well.

Southgate did try to get the others on earlier. Still not early enough, but they were stood at the side for a while. The game even stopped and they didn't let them come on.
Pretty sure Gareth delayed it on purpose.

MrBest

You're saying devoting hundreds of hours to something doesn't have an impact on something else?
Most days i work 11 plus hours which is probably more than a football player. I still have the time to do other extra curricular things I enjoy, probably 2 or 3 hours a day, and i dont have an agent to set up my agenda or the cash flow to buy stuff at any price. My point is, if Rshford trains 6 to 8 hours a day, why can he not devote his time elsewhere? The reason he has been so bad is because of this injury he has been holding for 18 months. The only mistake the boy has made is not putting himself first. His passion and commitment is unquestionable.

Flytan

Most days i work 11 plus hours which is probably more than a football player. I still have the time to do other extra curricular things I enjoy, probably 2 or 3 hours a day, and i dont have an agent to set up my agenda or the cash flow to buy stuff at any price. My point is, if Rshford trains 6 to 8 hours a day, why can he not devote his time elsewhere? The reason he has been so bad is because of this injury he has been holding for 18 months. The only mistake the boy has made is not putting himself first. His passion and commitment is unquestionable.
You're kinda picking at one post in a longer conversation, I agree with pretty much everything you're saying.

MrBest

You're kinda picking at one post in a longer conversation, I agree with pretty much everything you're saying.
Ah fair play, that's the downside with coming late to the party, you sometimes miss the context.