Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bosws87

Hi guys just checking in again. Did you finally reach an agreement over which is better?

I’ve saved up enough that I could buy one now and really am torn.
Whichever games appeal to your more, do you have any Sony or Microsoft series you would like to continue down the line (Gears, Horizon, Last of us, Halo Etc)

Usually it would be whatever your friends have but with crossplay becoming the standard and the norm that's really no longer a deal breaker.

The consoles are so close in spec both have advantages/disadvantages that its litreally down to the future titles you want to play, check out the expected exclusives and go from there.

If you are buying it to use the 4k Blu-ray drive for movies then its the PS5 as the xbox's playback is a bit crap if this isn't an issue then games it is.

If you are just a standard console cod/fifa player year in year out then it really doesn't matter which you get (controller preference maybe, from my experience the Xbox controller is still better for FPS/TPS and slightly worse for any other genre.

My opinion is if you don't wanna miss out getting a mid range pc and a PS5 is the ultimate combo.

Bojan11

You look at what he’s doing with West Ham now. If we had stuck with him rather than getting rid I think we’d now be in a much better position than we currently are. Which granted wouldn’t be difficult because we are fecking dreadful.
Too much PlayStation gaming messes with your head @BenitoSTARR. See evidence above.

Moyes :lol:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
The only plus point for the ps5 was the fancy controller, but they’re all fecked a few months after release. Make of this what you will.

Oh there’s also the virtual reality gimmick, which is great if you like shit graphics and horribly clunky animation. You’ll probably only ever use it once.

Hope this helps.
Not really interested in VR and were the controllers breaking?
Do you want to play games or sit and talk shite about possibilities of what may happen in the future?

If you want to play games, get a ps5
:lol:
Think we concluded they're both decent consoles.

Xbox for the affordances of gamepass and particularly if the idea of paying £50 for a single game sounds unappealing. Also if you take an interest in older titles or smaller ones which are regularly made available through it. Plus if you need a console that can play movies with subtitles (VLC app for that).

PS5 if you enjoy playable movies, have a living room the size of a yacht, and like the idea of a controller that can double up as a Hitachi magic wand.
I like the idea of game pass because I rarely play games at release now.
I've bought the PS5 and I haven't regretted it at all. Been enjoying the Plus Collection games and I've really enjoyed the PS5 games I've played thus far.
Is the plus collection a bit like game pass then? So older games for a subscription?
Whichever games appeal to your more, do you have any Sony or Microsoft series you would like to continue down the line (Gears, Horizon, Last of us, Halo Etc)

Usually it would be whatever your friends have but with crossplay becoming the standard and the norm that's really no longer a deal breaker.

The consoles are so close in spec both have advantages/disadvantages that its litreally down to the future titles you want to play, check out the expected exclusives and go from there.

If you are buying it to use the 4k Blu-ray drive for movies then its the PS5 as the xbox's playback is a bit crap if this isn't an issue then games it is.

If you are just a standard console cod/fifa player year in year out then it really doesn't matter which you get (controller preference maybe, from my experience the Xbox controller is still better for FPS/TPS and slightly worse for any other genre.

My opinion is if you don't wanna miss out getting a mid range pc and a PS5 is the ultimate combo.
Honestly I’m not overly besotted but I’d rather play Last of Us I guess and all that then Halos etc. Might be the deciding factor.

Normally I’d be Xbox for that reason but cross play has been on my mind.

Thanks been a genuinely helpful response! I’ll have a look at the upcoming exclusives a bit more.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
So it’s a poor mans game pass? Noted.
Gamepass is undeniably very good, especially when you can get it for a quid a month at the minute I think. Lots of good games on PS Now but clearly not as much of a priority for Sony as it is for MS.

But if you want to play Horizon/God of War/Last of Us as well other exclusives then PlayStation is the console you need.

rotherham_red

Not really interested in VR and were the controllers breaking?

:lol:

I like the idea of game pass because I rarely play games at release now.

Is the plus collection a bit like game pass then? So older games for a subscription?

Honestly I’m not overly besotted but I’d rather play Last of Us I guess and all that then Halos etc. Might be the deciding factor.

Normally I’d be Xbox for that reason but cross play has been on my mind.

Thanks been a genuinely helpful response! I’ll have a look at the upcoming exclusives a bit more.
Kinda - the plus collection games (about 20 of them, all PS4 classics) are yours for as long as you have the PS+ (which you would need if you're wanting to play online) - the good thing is the subs for them do go on sale regularly and you can pick an annual sub for about £35 on those big ticket sales.

But PS+ isn't really the GP equivalent, it's more like the Xbox Live Gold. The GP equivalent is PSNow, which again you can get for cheap if you know where to look. I can get a year of Now and + for about £70-£75 combined, which is less than half of the equivalent cost of GPU.

Bojan11

Beautiful picture. More studios than Sony and Nintendo combined now.

rotherham_red

Gamepass is undeniably very good, especially when you can get it for a quid a month at the minute I think. Lots of good games on PS Now but clearly not as much of a priority for Sony as it is for MS.

But if you want to play Horizon/God of War/Last of Us as well other exclusives then PlayStation is the console you need.
Tbh I'm spending most of my time on Now atm. If you've been out of the loop like I have since the mid-end of the PS2 generation, it's an absolute godsend. I'm currently working my way through the God of War series and I'm then going to make a start on the PS5 version of Demon's Souls once I complete the next game in the series.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
But PS+ isn't really the GP equivalent, it's more like the Xbox Live Gold. The GP equivalent is PSNow, which again you can get for cheap if you know where to look. I can get a year of Now and + for about £70-£75 combined, which is less than half of the equivalent cost of GPU.
You can get GPU for £47 for the year if you haven’t had it before. If you have you can get it for about £57.

These are the kind of people you’re working with if you go that route @BenitoSTARR. Liars.

For clarity, because we’re all about that over in the Xbox camp, you can pay for up to 3 years for that price at the moment. You may or may not be able to get it for that price once that time is up. Depends if they change the deal, but said deal has been going for years so far.

We must be close to it being a no brainer.

Balljy

Wait for the Capcom rumours to begin soon...
There's some Sony and Square Enix rumours that have been around for a while now. I don't think that'll happen although it has always had PS exclusives and timed exclusives which is continuing into PS5.

Last edited:

Bojan11

You don’t have any exclusives. They are all available on PC. Google what exclusive means.
Don’t make me pull up the Jim Ryan quotes again. All your so called exclusives are heading to PC including your precious FF7 remake. You know the game that @afrocentricity waited until it was free on PS plus to get. Imagine @Alock1 waiting to play Gears or Halo when they are on games with gold. Ludicrous!

You guys are all over the place. One of you has not played any exclusives at all until this past year and the other waits until they are available on ps plus. Pull it together.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
@BenitoSTARR PSNow is more like Gamepass, and is good but doesn't have as much on it/the support is a bit random.

Also don't laugh at Elvis. It only encourages him.
So it’s a poor mans game pass? Noted.
PS Now actually has up to 3x the number of games that Game Pass does. Of course, Game Pass has more first party games and more recent games but if you like that side of things, PS+ is more than value of money compared to the Xbox equivalent Xbox Live Gold (which Microsoft were trying to double the price of despite offering the metaphorical equivalent of cat faeces on a sandwich in the 'free' games).

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How would you know?
Because I know how to use Google search?

How about you go and post all these upcoming exclusives we should be getting excited for, don't forget the gameplay videos.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Don’t make me pull up the Jim Ryan quotes again. All your so called exclusives are heading to PC including your precious FF7 remake. You know the game that @afrocentricity waited until it was free on PS plus to get. Imagine @Alock1 waiting to play Gears or Halo when they are on games with gold. Ludicrous!

You guys are all over the place. One of you has not played any exclusives at all until this past year and the other waits until they are available on ps plus. Pull it together.
It doesn’t matter that they are coming to PC in future. They are exclusive at this moment in time.

Bojan11

It doesn’t matter that they are coming to PC in future. They are exclusive at this moment in time.
Future exclusive games don’t matter to you because you would have played them by the time PS6 is out anyway. Afro won’t buy them. He’s just good at googling or listing them. When it comes to playing them, he does a runner.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What’s @afrocentricity’s angle gonna be once all the gameplay videos start coming? Not the smartest play to put all the eggs in that basket, because it’s inevitable.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
PS Now actually has up to 3x the number of games that Game Pass does. Of course, Game Pass has more first party games and more recent games but if you like that side of things, PS+ is more than value of money compared to the Xbox equivalent Xbox Live Gold (which Microsoft were trying to double the price of despite offering the metaphorical equivalent of cat faeces on a sandwich in the 'free' games).
you should have just stopped there.

damobot plz