Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Good to know we can get much cheaper games on Xbox, as opposed to the slightly cheaper games available on PlayStation, if you catch it at exactly the right time. Feels good to have made the right choice.
Can you even read

Here's another game that seems outrageously priced: Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. On GAME's website, the next-gen versions (PS5 and Xbox Series X) both cost £70 each.

hubbuh

There is no way the two (three? Dunno much about Nintendo) won't price match on games, surely? £70 is a kick in the nuts.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nobody is forcing anyone to pay those prices, similar to when nobody forced us to accept lootboxes and the like, if we end up accepting it we have ourselves to blame. Well, yourselves.... Like I said I won't be paying those prices.

I don’t think you understand - we can get games off the likes of CD Keys. There’s barely any PlayStation games on there.

"Well actually... PSN sales are quite good and then you have decent prices on physical disks at retail, often day 1. It's not that deep..."

How many people actually get games off cdkeys anyway?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Nobody is forcing anyone to pay those prices, similar to when nobody forced us to accept lootboxes and the like, if we end up accepting it we have ourselves to blame. Well, yourselves.... Like I said I won't be paying those prices.

"Well actually... PSN sales are quite good and then you have decent prices on physical disks at retail, often day 1. It's not that deep..."

How many people actually get games off cdkeys anyway?
You will have to pay more for games. Whether you get them from the psn store or not, we will undoubtably have cheaper options than you.

It’s as simple as that. I don’t get why you struggle to understand this. Perhaps it’s on purpose. You look as silly as Elvis in these threads by doing that.

Bojan11

You will have to pay more for games. Whether you get them from the psn store or not, we will undoubtably have cheaper options than you.

It’s as simple as that. I don’t get why you struggle to understand this. Perhaps it’s on purpose. You look as silly as Elvis in these threads by doing that.
He’s more invested in this than Elvis. Elvis is just a troll. Whilst Afro is easy to trigger.

Bojan11

I’m retired now from fanboyism and trying to wind Veeva up.
I will wind your neck in, so quit it.

Veeva likes kebabs and Xbox. How can you not like that?

Seems the tide is turning from 2013. You just have to learn to accept it.

afrocentricity

He’s more invested in this than Elvis. Elvis is just a troll. Whilst Afro is easy to trigger.
Of course I am.... Where are those new XSX exclusive gameplay trailers btw?

I'm talking about the crying over higher game prices... Stop fanboying! Was that not obvious?

Smores

That list is bollocks anyway, I've seen loads of them priced cheaper than that even at this point and they'll fall further.

Surely people have looked themselves by now?

Balljy

That list is bollocks anyway, I've seen loads of them priced cheaper than that even at this point and they'll fall further.

Surely people have looked themselves by now?
It's a ridiculous discussion which happens every generation. In fact it did happen in the last generation and prices always fall to what people want to pay. The danger is when people can only buy them from Sony / MS so haven't got cheaper alternatives

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/09/sxsw-analyst-says-ps4-and-next-xbox-games-will-cost-70

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Of course I am.... Where are those new XSX exclusive gameplay trailers btw?

I'm talking about the crying over higher game prices... Stop fanboying! Was that not obvious?
You’re both going down with the sinking ship, no ammo left to fight with, yet still spluttering babble out with what little left you can muster. Ratchet and Clank can’t save you now.

Me, Bojan and King Olly will watch you sink into the abyss more, ungracefully biting at our ankles, throwing 2ps at you. And we’ve got loads from all the money we saved not having to buy PlayStation games.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It amuses me greatly the xbox fanboys bleating on about exclusives...

I've been saving the posts and will wait for the right time to unleash the mockery :smirk:
Thanks for letting us know about your plans for posts in the future.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
It amuses me greatly the xbox fanboys bleating on about exclusives...

I've been saving the posts and will wait for the right time to unleash the mockery :smirk:
Not really sure what or who you're referring to

But it's difficult to argue that MS has put together an incredibly strong studio lineup with more to come. They also have learnt from past mistakes trying to keep some autonomy with studios, making sure that MS look to enable their existing culture and the like. A number of the studios have come from previous strong relationships including 2nd party licensing.

Obviously getting those studios to go out on the pitch and win the league is a different story. But it's a great start.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not really sure what or who you're referring to

But it's difficult to argue that MS has put together an incredibly strong studio lineup with more to come. They also have learnt from past mistakes trying to keep some autonomy with studios, making sure that MS look to enable their existing culture and the like. A number of the studios have come from previous strong relationships including 2nd party licensing.

Obviously getting those studios to go out on the pitch and win the league is a different story. But it's a great start.
Great post

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
So, the PS5 supposedly only has 664 GB of usable storage. That's shockingly small!

People are going to have to use eternal storage to keep games on.

Last edited:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
So, the PS5 supposedly only has 664 GB of usable storage. That's shockingly small!

That’s actually incredibly disappointing. Can’t speak for everyone but I’d have happily spent an extra couple hundred to g more.

afrocentricity

Just like we did this Gen then? I'll be using the same USB3 drive I used on my PS4 and will copy over what games I'm playing as I'm playing them... In minutes. How many games do you go between at any given moment?

That’s actually incredibly disappointing. Can’t speak for everyone but I’d have happily spent an extra couple hundred to g more.
You'll get your chance. It's not like we're going to be flooded by PS5 games at launch and older games can boot off USB3, just like this Gen. So by the time it becomes necessary to juggle PS5 games on the internal drive, there will be upgrade options.

A lot of hoohah about nothing. Y'all (not you specifically) shouldn't be getting cues from Resetera, they (or a subset as I won't generalise) lose their shit about everything. Isn't that the joke here?

Last edited:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Just like we did this Gen then? I'll be using the same USB3 drive I used on my PS4 and will copy over what games as I'm playing as I'm playing them... In minutes. How many games do you go between at any given moment?
I have 1tb storage in my Xbox and when I got close to filling it up and would delete a couple of games. Next-gen for Xbox it's 800gb available and bigger game sizes, so I'm going to have to invest in external storage.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Could actually struggle to have both Modern Warfare and Cold War installed at the same time, unless Treyarch optimise better. Which is comical.

afrocentricity

I have 1tb storage in my Xbox and when I got close to filling it up and would delete a couple of games. Next-gen for Xbox it's 800gb available and bigger game sizes, so I'm going to have to invest in external storage.
I have a Pro so the same. But I mainly use my 2.5TB external drive...

Smores

It'll be interesting to see if this mysterious compression tech they constantly bang on about helps at all. It should do but there's so little detail on how games will even use it.

I usually only have 3 games on mine so i don't think it'll be much of an issue for me personally.

Castia

Fair play to Microsoft they’ve done amazing with the build up to the Series X/S

I pre ordered a ps5 but the Xbox hype is getting me, I’ll be getting one at some point for sure. Once they start rolling out their exclusives they’ll be in a incredible position.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Was expected as the overall capacity was 825GB. Atleast Gen 4 SSD will be compatible and there prices will be drop after few years.

MuFc_1992

How many games do you recon it can fit? I'd be okay with around 6-7 because I really can't seem to complete a single game these days despite having shitload of free time although my overheating gaming laptop might be a contributing factor there.