Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The Series X also has a stand but in their case it can't be removed so looks stupid when the console is horizontal along with the logo in the corner that isn't facing the right way.
Isn't an X basically the same like.. every way? I don't think if you turn it to it's side it turns into a Z.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
The comments :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: is it true that Xboxes have been overheating at this early stage?
No what is true is that the console are hot / warm even when on standby that is also true of the Xbox One X and clearly part of the design.

These are also pre retail ready consoles (though I am sure are very close) that MS has sent to journos 2 months before released in an uncontrolled environment which is unheard of and shows huge confidence in the hardware.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
No what is true is that the console are hot / warm even when on standby that is also true of the Xbox One X and clearly part of the design.
hardware.
Ah nice so it even gives free heating in the winter, not so bad.
Not the way the Xbox logo is. Using their twitter avatar:

Vertical:

Horizontal:

and the disc drive at the top looks ugly.
if anything it looks better horizontal.

mainly though I just wanted to get you to waste 20 seconds of your life moving it on its side.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

These are also pre retail ready consoles (though I am sure are very close) that MS has sent to journos 2 months before released in an uncontrolled environment which is unheard of and shows huge confidence in the hardware.
Yeah... Let's hope it doesn't get worse over time eh?
Apparently PS5 is whisper quiet and cool while in use. Hence the size :lol:

Still... I don't mind it looks nicer the more I see it. Will definitely look into custom plates though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah... Let's hope it doesn't get worse over time eh?
Apparently PS5 is whisper quiet and cool while in use. Hence the size :lol:
This is the guy that started said ‘rumour’ correcting those that have taken it out of context

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
It's coming from giant bomb too isn't it?
Jeff Bakalar was showing the memory card on camera - how impressive it is (the size of memory Vs the size in form factor) so pulled it from the console and after holding it for 5-10 seconds was like 'ouch that's hot, whys it to hot'. Then they spoke about how the One X was warm even in standby (I think)

I listened to it on the episode itself and didn't pick up anything concerning. He pulled a component out of a console and the metal piece that was plugged in was hot.

Unless what your referring to is something different anyway.

Bojan11

You’ll also need a table like this to put the ps5 on its side

:lol:

No surprises Afro is looking for those stupid Xbox gets hot bullshit. Now that he’s realised Bethesda games won’t be coming to PlayStation.

Adamsk7

I wonder when we’ll get to see some series S in the wild? The fact they aren’t out there right now makes me a bit suspicious of their performance claims...

Bojan11

I wonder when we’ll get to see some series S in the wild? The fact they aren’t out there right now makes me a bit suspicious of their performance claims...
Why?

We haven’t seen any PS5s in the wild. Are you suspicious of them?

What performance claims? It’s a underpowered console.

Adamsk7

Why?

We haven’t seen any PS5s in the wild. Are you suspicious of them?

What performance claims? It’s a underpowered console.
That it’ll hit 1440p 60. The SSD isn’t as fast either so perhaps the quick resume features etc aren’t as good. Then there’s how much of the 512Gb is free after OS.... they’ve said the only difference is resolution. Perhaps that’s not the case.

We know the PS5 will be powerful enough just on specs - the Series S is more of an unknown in that regard. Considering they’ve put out the Series X to test, isn’t it weird that they haven’t their other console?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol:

No surprises Afro is looking for those stupid Xbox gets hot bullshit. Now that he’s realised Bethesda games won’t be coming to PlayStation.
Where's those XBSX exclusive gameplay videos?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
To be fair do think the series S will hold this gen back hugely

Bojan11

That it’ll hit 1440p 60. The SSD isn’t as fast either so perhaps the quick resume features etc aren’t as good. Then there’s how much of the 512Gb is free after OS.... they’ve said the only difference is resolution. Perhaps that’s not the case.

We know the PS5 will be powerful enough just on specs - the Series S is more of an unknown in that regard. Considering they’ve put out the Series X to test, isn’t it weird that they haven’t their other console?
No because people are testing the series x currently. So it’s not weird.

Very rarely have consoles been given to journalists this early, so not sure where this concern is coming from. There’s plenty of time for them to receive Series S.

They both share the same SSD. Just one has a bigger drive than the other.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout