Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
@syrian_scholes entering this thread

I mean I'm literally subbed to gamepass and bought in to the XBox ecosystem, I just don't think the Series X is the winner this gen, I'm still betting on Sony having the better exclusives until I see game announcements from XBox other than shooters(I don't like shooting games).

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Well you ain't getting VR anyway on XBox, so no big deal.

Trying to get the old guys back.
Oh well if VR comes to Xbox then obviously VR will be the absolute shit (meaning good, cuz I know u r old)

They did just replace Mixer with Facebook Gaming so maybe that's early signs of an Xbox-Oculus partnership.

Hopefully if they do support it, it'll be with multiple third partys.

Bojan11

That wasn't directed at you, you have no reason to be hostile towards me, awkward.
You might as well have directed it to me because @VeevaVee is a very good friend. I would take a bullet for him, so yes it was awkward how you came in this thread demanding peace talks and then start getting involved yourself.

The worst thing is like a pony fanboy you started spreading mis-information. I can’t be having that.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I mean I'm literally subbed to gamepass and bought in to the XBox ecosystem, I just don't think the Series X is the winner this gen, I'm still betting on Sony having the better exclusives until I see game announcements from XBox other than shooters(I don't like shooting games).
Don’t worry, a Sony fanboy with an Xbox is going to become the new norm.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Oh well if VR comes to Xbox then obviously VR will be the absolute shit (meaning good, cuz I know u r old)

They did just replace Mixer with Facebook Gaming so maybe that's early signs of an Xbox-Oculus partnership.

Hopefully if they do support it, it'll be with multiple third partys.
Yeah XBox is likely to get VR support next gen unless they don't think it's worth it since it's still so niche.

Alock1

As far as MS are concerned they won (regarding you)

They don't care where you enter their ecosystem so long as you stay

They're not bothered if Sony sell more PS5s (which is good since obviously they would regardless just through brand loyalty alone)

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
You might as well have directed it to me because @VeevaVee is a very good friend. I would take a bullet for him, so yes it was awkward how you came in this thread demanding peace talks and then start getting involved yourself.

The worst thing is like a pony fanboy you started spreading mis-information. I can’t be having that.
Dude you're dumb. :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Great post <3

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
We need to get lambs back in here, who scared him off?
@Redlambs
Between the Xbox fan boys acting like they'll have more exclusives (yet seem to concede it's quantity over quality) and the Sony ones living off past glories and overlooking some rather dodgy decisions from Sony, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be contributing :lol:

Aww they need back up
Wait, am I supposed to be team Sony now?

No thanks!

Alock1

Between the Xbox fan boys acting like they'll have more exclusives (yet seem to concede it's quantity over quality) and the Sony ones living off past glories and overlooking some rather dodgy decisions from Sony, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be contributing :lol:

Wait, am I supposed to be team Sony now?

No thanks!
Well quantity is guaranteed

But lots of positive signs, experience and creds to suggest we'll get quality too.

Just this year we've had Wasteland 3, Flight Sim and Ori. All great games.

Bojan11

Dude you're dumb. :lol:
Guys why can't you agree that each group of you have a different taste in games and just go on with it, I'm sure none of you are getting paid by Sony or Microsoft to defend them
You really are deluded, even the big launch exclusive Halo is delayed, Yakuza: Like a Dragon "performance" mode on the Series S is 900p, honestly other than Gamepass, XBox have nothing, Sony already have announced more exclusives and Demon Souls alone gives them the launch "win", the difference in power will be barely noticeable, let's wait for XBox new studios to announce their games before saying they will have better exclusives which I highly doubt knowing XBox history.
Why are you being so hostile about it? This thread is weird.
This is really beginning to be awkward for you. Are you paid by pony?

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
As far as MS are concerned they won (regarding you)

They don't care where you enter their ecosystem so long as you stay

They're not bothered if Sony sell more PS5s (which is good since obviously they would regardless just through brand loyalty alone)
My main issue with MS games is that they don't have variety, not that sony 1st party titles have, however for me as long as Japanese devs don't put all their games on MS I can't buy into the console, like I spent around 300hrs between Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal, I don't see any games on XBox like that, Yakuza not being an exclusive anymore is a good get for XBox though it's still multiplat and not enough to convince me of the console.

Alock1

My main issue with MS games is that they don't have variety, not that sony 1st party titles have, however for me as long as Japanese devs don't put all their games on MS I can't buy into the console, like I spent around 300hrs between Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal, I don't see any games on XBox like that, Yakuza not being an exclusive anymore is a good get for XBox though it's still multiplat and not enough to convince me of the console.
Have you been paying attention to their studio acquisitions the last few years? Quantity and variety is absolutely guaranteed.

Yakuza is multiplat but delayed on PS5 if you weren't aware

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Sony first part variety -
Boring racing game living off past hype
Uncharted 15
Assassin’s Creed Samurai
Couple of kid’s games
Zombie game that was quite good with a meh sequel, by all accounts

Doesn’t seem all that.

Alock1

Sony first part variety -
Boring racing game living off past hype
Uncharted 15
Assassin’s Creed Samurai
Couple of kid’s games
Zombie game that was quite good with a meh sequel, by all accounts

Doesn’t seem all that.
And no doubt another couple of walking simulators in different skins

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Have you been paying attention to their studio acquisitions the last few years? Quantity and variety is absolutely guaranteed.

Yakuza is multiplat but delayed on PS5 if you weren't aware
I'm aware it's delayed but I don't mind the wait, I meant variety in their big titles, I'm yet to see that other than Ori which I played on PC and Cuphead which I played on the Switch and I didn't actually like, I want to see more than that.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Well quantity is guaranteed

But lots of positive signs, experience and creds to suggest we'll get quality too.

Just this year we've had Wasteland 3, Flight Sim and Ori. All great games.
And yet let's not forget that of all these games, just because Sony have announced them yet they'll likely have the bigger hitters as usual.

MS have made more moves, and should be applauded, but I think overhyping things like the Bethesda purchase is a little early considering what they've become.

Should be interesting what happens, but for me there's no difference between one side refusing to show gameplay and the other side refusing to announce games we know for sure will be coming anyway. It's all a muchness.

I think deep down, like me, you somehow aren't as excited for these launches as in past gens. Covid has obviously played some role, but all in all these machines and line ups are pretty mundane. Right now if I had to pick just one to start, it would be the X for the games pass I think that's a no brainer. But even though as usual I'm getting both day one, I'm not counting the days as I should be. It's a shame, but a few years down the line when the real next gen games are flowing I'm sure I won't regret it.