Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It all make lots of sense - not sure what you are on about, I was just disagreeing with some points and giving my own opinion. I am not viewing it from a fanboy pov, or even in the perspective of it being a fanboy argument. I haven't said anything that isn't reasoned and doesn't come from lots of engagement with various sources.

I know you have a Series X preordered and buy all the consoles. As you know I have a PS4 and if didn't, have a PS5 on pre-order. It doesn't really add much value to the chat though.

I'll be honest though mate, whilst I enjoy the discussion (including you playing devils advocate, and even if there was any trolling or piss taking), I'm not interested in conversations that quickly descend into 'you said this 7 years ago' or back and forth over 'I'm being totally reasonable and agree with some of what you're saying - stop viewing it from a fanboy perspective'. Can we keep out the bit where you're patronizing - claiming I need to stop believing everything I read, or debating things I didn't claim (like that Xbox exclusive line up is going to be better quality than Playstations)
I'll agree on the last paragraph, but you didn't help taking it down the same path you always do with me by missing my attempts at common ground. And the same thing 7 years ago wasn't meant to be patronising, it wasn't some "I told you so" it was meant to be more what I said, don't be so quick to believe everything you read as you were last time. We both want them to change and compete better.

But I will apologise for that in any case, and I will say I've always had time for your posts in amongst all of our stupidity it's refreshing at times.

You know me by now I'm more of a wind up than seriously bothered about arguing what's better. Just as I know you will always miss the olive branches I plant around :lol:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Grand, nice one Lambo.

Anyway, Sony boys - should I keep Digital or Disc pre-order. I never buy discs but I'd like to have the option. The only disc on PS4 I have is spiderman and I might aswel just buy the PS5 MM one now with the remaster.

Bojan11

Grand, nice one Lambo.

Anyway, Sony boys - should I keep Digital or Disc pre-order. I never buy discs but I'd like to have the option. The only disc on PS4 I have is spiderman and I might aswel just buy the PS5 MM one now with the remaster.
If you don’t use discs anymore then just get the digital version as long as you got decent internet. I don’t buy discs, but just got the disc version just in case.

Alock1

If you don’t use discs anymore then just get the digital version as long as you got decent internet. I don’t buy discs, but just got the disc version just in case.
But just incase..

Bosws87

Grand, nice one Lambo.

I kept the disc version just for the 4k blu-ray player aspect i rarely trade games in and if they intend to uphold the £70 retail price of games you have little to gain from discs.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So after our Wild West shootout last night (was good fun, gotta say), being semi serious for a sec - what games are people actually buying first?

Think I’ll go for Valhalla, being what looks like a
proper next gen affair.

Also want Cyberpunk asap but as it’s not next gen til next year and there’s no point having two big single player games I’ll try and hold off til I’ve done AC at least.

I’ll also have the new cod to go at.

And I’ll give Flight Simulator a bash too.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
So after our Wild West shootout last night (was good fun, gotta say), being semi serious for a sec - what games are people actually buying first?

proper next gen affair.

Also want Cyberpunk asap but as it’s not next gen til next year and there’s no point having two big single player games I’ll try and hold off til I’ve done AC at least.

Have you played Volgarr the Viking, it's not on PS Store but download it from MS Store and give it a go. It's a great, if incredibly difficult, game.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Have you played Volgarr the Viking, it's not on PS Store but download it from MS Store and give it a go. It's a great, if incredibly difficult, game.
I’ve not. Those kind of old school platformers only keep me entertained til the novelty wears off. I’ll check it out though.

Bosws87

proper next gen affair.

Just Demon Souls never played the original properly, cyberpunk will be pc for the next gen version instead of waiting.

COD + Fifa can be scrapped indefinitely as they are terrible.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just Demon Souls never played the original properly, cyberpunk will be pc for the next gen version instead of waiting.

COD + Fifa can be scrapped indefinitely as they are terrible.
Cod is great fun again now, although not sure how this one will be as it’s back to Treyarch.

I’ve fecked FIFA off though. Might get next years to try it next gen.

Ainu

proper next gen affair.

Demon's Souls, maybe Miles Morales although I don't like the pricing for that one. Cyberpunk doesn't count for me, I'll just get it day one on pc.

Redlambs

Grand, nice one Lambo.

I've gone for the disc as I've such a ridiculous thing of never selling games/machines over the years that I'd actually feel terrible having a machine and not physical games for it whilst I still can. A gaming OCD if you will :lol: But I also visit lots of towns for work and love going into games/2nd hand shops and finding gems I'd otherwise not normally get.

But the only real general reason for non-weirdos is the 4k blu-ray drive will once again be top tier.

Redlambs

proper next gen affair.

To be honest, there's not a lot for me personally. Demon Souls is the only thing I'm all over from the off. Sea of Thieves/gamepass is more for my son so he doesn't have to use his laptop for it, and Cyberpunk is a PC purchase same with Flight Sim. If Bloodborne actually hits 60fps and works, then maybe I'll finally go back and bother with the end and the DLC (though knowing me I'll start all over again!).

My GF is the Sony gamer though so is looking forward to MM over anything else. She also has a large backlog of PS4 games to clear too, so that's why I've got her one from the off.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
To be honest, there's not a lot for me personally. Demon Souls is the only thing I'm all over from the off. Sea of Thieves/gamepass is more for my son so he doesn't have to use his laptop for it, and Cyberpunk is a PC purchase same with Flight Sim. If Bloodborne actually hits 60fps and works, then maybe I'll finally go back and bother with the end and the DLC (though knowing me I'll start all over again!).

My GF is the Sony gamer though so is looking forward to MM over anything else. She also has a large backlog of PS4 games to clear too, so that's why I've got her one from the off.
Sounds like a decent plan. You should introduce your girlfriend to Elvis if you ever break up

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

proper next gen affair.

Cyberpunk is a definite when it drops in price but I'm not planning to actually buy much for the Series S. Think it's going to end up as a game pass machine mostly.

I've already made a list of games I want to try (in order):

Lost Odyssey (buy)
DQ:XI
Hellblade
Ori and the Blind Forest
Halo: Master Chief Collection
Forza: Horizon
A Plague Tale
Quantum Break
Silent Hill 3 (buy)
Flight Simulator
Dirt 4/5
Night in the Woods
Yakuza 0
Streets of Rage 4
FFXV
Minit
Conker's Bad Fur Day
The Gardens Between
Ace Combat
DMC V
Gato Roboto
Outer Wilds

All that for £8 a month is crazy.

Bosws87

Need to get to Hellblade myself.
Fantastic game you need an excellent set of headphones to truly appreciate the game, its more the sound design and craft then the gameplay being anything ground breaking.

I would put it in the SOTC territory gameplay can be pretty janky but the whole package is a work of art.

I feel its one of those games that once you have experienced it the second one is gonna be kinda of disappointing i wouldn't have high hopes for it.

its the initial unique experience which makes it so good.

Alock1

I feel its one of those games that once you have experienced it the second one is gonna be kinda of disappointing i wouldn't have high hopes for it.

its the initial unique experience which makes it so good.
I am curious about this too. There is obviously an alternative where the big budget unlocks huge opportunities and the sequel goes on to great things. We've seen that before.

We've also seen too much of a good thing, a studio weighed down by senior pressures or mainstream expectations or just not being able to scale and keep the magic. Gonna be interesting for sure.

Bosws87

I am curious about this too. There is obviously an alternative where the big budget unlocks huge opportunities and the sequel goes on to great things. We've seen that before.

We've also seen too much of a good thing, a studio weighed down by senior pressures or mainstream expectations or just not being able to scale and keep the magic. Gonna be interesting for sure.
Yeh, i've been proved wrong many times before, i've just lumped it with Shadow of the colossus as it gives me that vibe if someone made that game again now under a different premise with smoother gameplay better combat etc no doubting the game would be excellent and on paper miles better then the original.

Being totally new and the first time you experienced it for me in that type of game is way more powerful and is half of the experience/enjoyment.

I would put it down the Fight Club route once you have seen it the films never the same again.

Alock1

Yeh, i've been proved wrong many times before, i've just lumped it with Shadow of the colossus as it gives me that vibe if someone made that game again now under a different premise with smoother gameplay better combat etc no doubting the game would be excellent and on paper miles better then the original.

Being totally new and the first time you experienced it for me in that type of game is way more powerful and is half of the experience/enjoyment.

I would put it down the Fight Club route once you have seen it the films never the same again.
Bear in mind SOTC was a spiritual successor to Ico mind.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Can I play my digital ps4 games on my ps5? Is the psn account Linked? If so, I dont have to replace my semi broken PS4 controller..

Alock1

"As a computing device, Xbox Series X may go down in history as one of the most remarkable machines ever made—as compared to other products in its era, power level, and price".

From ARS Technica

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
"As a computing device, Xbox Series X may go down in history as one of the most remarkable machines ever made—as compared to other products in its era, power level, and price".

From ARS Technica
yet it doesn’t have any exclusives and can’t run its UI at 4K. Great console.

Alock1

yet it doesn’t have any exclusives and can’t run its UI at 4K. Great console.
Doesn't run at 4k.

I'm sure it can. Maybe it will at some point. Maybe it was a choice between that and Quick Resume. I know which one is actually gonna benefit people beyond looking a tad shiny.

Castia

I have ps5 on ore order but in all honesty Microsoft have hit it out of the park.

Powerful Console, new features like quick resume, Gamepass and finally the Main thing always thrown at Xbox is the lack of exclusives but that’s soon going to be a thing if the past, they’ve invested billions in new studios.

I had the One X and was very impressed with the hardware, I wouldn’t be surprised if the series X is a quality piece of kit, I’ll be picking one up before long.