Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I remember being super excited about Fable (I was really interested in Lionhead studios as I was a big fan of Black and White). I didn't know Microsoft were still making Fable games? What is the most recent one?
It's being built by Playground who did the Forza Horizon series. We know they can build beautiful open world, long tail progression games (semi RPG) and I think would nail the British humour and tone of Forza. Obviously they are moving from a racing game though so all about whether they get the right talent with the right experience.

RUCK4444

Xbox Series X is the most powerful both in CPU and GPU

It may be held back by the series S though for first party games.

PS5 is not far behind though. First party PS5 games might well be the best.

Cross platform games will be held back by the Series S GPU and RAM, PS5 CPU, and everything on the Nintendo Switch and low end PCs

Ultimately it will come down to TLOU/Uncharted/Horizon Zero Dawn Vs Halo/GoW

And playing with your friends
Ok thanks for the feedback, tbh I was going to go Series x if I stayed with Xbox, if that’s the best option I’ll stick with that.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I can't understand people who truth vibrations off. But it's true a lot of people do it to get an advantage
Its definitely expanded thanks to the cross platform gameplay. We do have aim assist on console but PC players are quick and agile with a mouse and keyboard.....that don’t vibrate.

so has turning off all the in game visual effects/enhancements in the game menu for online/multiplayer, again coming across from PC gamers.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Do you play with sound from a tv or wear a headset?

the idea of immersion is grand and all, but many people these days utilize headsets for the surround sound feel and obtaining directional sounds.

controller sounds cool and all - but it won’t be absolutely huge because of the way gamers play. Especially with those who also turn vibration off for multiplayer shooters.

the mic in the controller is cool though, gives flexibility of what headset you want to go with.
A bit of both to be honest but I would usually game at night so mostly with a headset. If people solely play competitive online shooters then I guess that's up to them, I would also turn vibrations off for cod but that's about it really everything else i enjoy the extra level of feedback.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
A bit of both to be honest but I would usually game at night so mostly with a headset. If people solely play competitive online shooters then I guess that's up to them, I would also turn vibrations off for cod but that's about it really everything else i enjoy the extra level of feedback.
I’m the same really, have vibration to lowest setting (elite 2 controller, to its rumble options in its app settings) other than multiplayer shooters.

It’s fun and all, but it’s not really as much a game changer as people will end up reverting to their preferences again

hubbuh

It's a kids game!! Me and a friend played a bit of it and had to get rid as the dialogue was so cheesy and naff. It was one big action movie cliche (with uninspired combat) but the really lame kind.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
It's a kids game!! Me and a friend played a bit of it and had to get rid as the dialogue was so cheesy and naff. It was one big action movie cliche (with uninspired combat) but the really lame kind.
I mean, why even play games?
Uncharted 2 was simply one of the best games ever made. Incredible game.
:drool:

Uncharted 2, god that was a fecking good game.
Uncharted 2 was the game that reconciled me with video games. I don't think I've ever had as much fun as when playing that.
It's what got my back into single player games. Before that it was all sports or shooters.
Game of the year ?
Uncharted series is brilliant, Uncharted 2 was my favourite but 4 edges it out for me as the best in the series. Loved the ending and it was more than just big fights/explosions/battles - there was a human element to it which made me care about about the characters more than the previous Uncharted games.
Brilliant game, really enjoyed the story and the scenery, downfall was some of the gameplay (enemies everywhere, precise grenades and a few other niggles)

Would easily be a 9/10 for me.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Loved uncharted, I don’t think it’s aged well outside the graphics which still hold up, but at the time it was a breath of fresh air! But Naughty Dog have shown excellent evolution with TLOU2 which I loved.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Can someone help me? What is better Forza Horizon 3 or 4?

4 is more expensive.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
It's only a week away now but I have zero excitement about getting a Series X. 4K HDR does nothing for me. I'm looking forward to the load times and that's about it!

Bojan11

It's only a week away now but I have zero excitement about getting a Series X. 4K HDR does nothing for me. I'm looking forward to the load times and that's about it!
Cancel. It isn’t for you.

Stick with what you got as it’s tried and trusted. Why disrupt your current setup? All that moving around, waiting for delivery and then plugging it in. Sounds like too much hassle.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
If you have no excitement over a new console why on earth are you getting one? :lol:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
What about PS5? Besides sackboy, everything else is playable on PS4 or PS3. We been through this.
I’ve said neither console is particularly fantastic for games at launch. But there’s lots to look forward to in the next 12-18 months with PS5, unless I’ve missed game announcements I don’t see what MS have up their sleeve in the same time frame?

Bojan11

I’ve said neither console is particularly fantastic for games at launch. But there’s lots to look forward to in the next 12-18 months with PS5, unless I’ve missed game announcements I don’t see what MS have up their sleeve in the same time frame?
Forza, Halo, state of decay 3 and free burgers. What’s wrong with that?

Maybe even Starfield as Bethesda announced Fallout 4 three months before the game was out. I expect that to be out in the next 2 years. Fable and Avowed look like 2022 games.

Sony have announced GT sport, GOW and Horizon 2. Horizon is cross gen like Halo. There’s a lot of games which both haven’t announced. Naughty dogs have two teams, so one of them should be working on something that’s out in next two years. Silent Hill by Kojima has been rumoured and could be shown at this years game awards. MS have quite a few studios who haven’t shown anything including the initiative. Then you have the other zenimax studios they acquired that should be working on stuff.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
If you have no excitement over a new console why on earth are you getting one? :lol:
Because I've been playing on an Xbox Series S for years, so there will be a difference, but if I had not promised to give me One S to someone else I might have cancelled by now.

Bojan11

Because I've been playing on an Xbox Series S for years, so there will be a difference, but if I had not promised to give me One S to someone else I might have cancelled by now.
Buy another one s and give the old one.

Problem solved. Anything else? I can help you with your resetera ban issues too.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Buy another one s and give the old one.

Problem solved. Anything else? I can help you with your resetera ban issues too.
I'm not buying a One S in 2020! It won't even have games for it after next year. I'm buying a Series X cause I'm going to need one to keep playing games. Doesn't make me excited for it, though.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I'm not buying a One S in 2020! It won't even have games for it after next year. I'm buying a Series X cause I'm going to need one to keep playing games. Doesn't make me excited for it, though.
Bit sad really.

DavelinaJolie

Yeah, it is. A PS5 doesn't excite me, either. I'm getting too old for this shit.
Feeling the same, tbh. I'm getting an XSX because I'll get one eventually anyway and I have the money at the moment, but aside from loading times improving I'm not really excited about the purchase. It feels more like a half step at this point for QOL improvements.