Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
You seem to enjoy it because all I seem to see now is you posting in this thread. Post news about Demon’s Soul not supporting ray tracing and you are saying you want news. I’m sorry if I’m not giving you the news you want to hear.
PlayStation clearly better than Xbox because shitwads like you use the Xbox.

Bojan11

PlayStation clearly better than Xbox because shitwads like you use the Xbox.
I got a PS preordered. Last time I checked you haven’t. So who is the shitwad now?

It is tough for you, but I’m sure you’d get a chance in 2021 to get one.

Bojan11

I'm gonna burgle your house. Have one in time for Christmas.
You come down and see if you can get past the security gates first.

All that thread whining and someone on HUKD managed to preorder from GAME about 10 minutes ago.

hubbuh

Wish I had money + a time machine so I could zoom 2 years into the future when both consoles will have a shitload of amazing games to play.

Bojan11

Two next gen consoles, only one next gen controller.
I'm bored of the fanboy shite now :lol: was funny for about a week.

Now it's just a yawnfest.

Just give us actual news and gameplay footage and stuff.

All you going through 20 videos to find one bad video about something to do with the console you're not in love with.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I'm bored of the fanboy shite now :lol: was funny for about a week.

Now it's just a yawnfest.

Just give us actual news and gameplay footage and stuff.

All you going through 20 videos to find one bad video about something to do with the console you're not in love with.
So I guess we'll be seeing much less of you in this thread then.

I didnt have to go through 20 videos to see this though, I'm one of 12.7 million people that think this guy has a valid opinion when It comes to technology and no need to get so defensive, I didn't recall him saying anything bad about the console I'm not in love with in the video. ;)

Bojan11

So I guess we'll be seeing much less of you in this thread then.

I didnt have to go through 20 videos to see this though, I'm one of 12.7 million people that think this guy has a valid opinion when It comes to technology and no need to get so defensive, I didn't recall him saying anything bad about the console I'm not in love with in the video. ;)
Too easy Armand. Way too easy.

You just need to go back a page. That’s going to be my default reply to Afro and Elvis from now on. It’s pretty good.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Too easy Armand. Way too easy.

You just need to go back a page. That’s going to be my default reply to Afro and Elvis from now on. It’s pretty good.
Well the trick to fully enjoying this thread is to always be in jest mode. It's the people who really do buy into, or get annoyed by fanboying I feel bad for.

Though if this controller is as good as they say it is, will going back to one without this extra level of immersion make it feel worse than you always remembered it to be.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Well the trick to fully enjoying this thread is to always be in jest mode. It's the people who really do buy into, or get annoyed by fanboying I feel bad for.

Though if this controller is as good as they say it is, will going back to one without this extra level of immersion make it feel worse than you always remembered it to be.
Do you play with sound from a tv or wear a headset?

the idea of immersion is grand and all, but many people these days utilize headsets for the surround sound feel and obtaining directional sounds.

controller sounds cool and all - but it won’t be absolutely huge because of the way gamers play. Especially with those who also turn vibration off for multiplayer shooters.

the mic in the controller is cool though, gives flexibility of what headset you want to go with.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I can't understand people who truth vibrations off. But it's true a lot of people do it to get an advantage

RUCK4444

So I haven’t pre-ordered either yet. Without starting a war of words... which definitively has the better graphics?

Ive been Xbox for a good while as I prefer the controller but the new PS5 controller looks more similar ergonomically to the standard Xbox controller so I could make the switch back.

rcoobc

So I haven’t pre-ordered either yet. Without starting a war of words... which definitively has the better graphics?

Ive been Xbox for a good while as I prefer the controller but the new PS5 controller looks more similar ergonomically to the standard Xbox controller so I could make the switch back.
Xbox Series X is the most powerful both in CPU and GPU

It may be held back by the series S though for first party games.

PS5 is not far behind though. First party PS5 games might well be the best.

Cross platform games will be held back by the Series S GPU and RAM, PS5 CPU, and everything on the Nintendo Switch and low end PCs

Ultimately it will come down to TLOU/Uncharted/Horizon Zero Dawn Vs Halo/GoW

And playing with your friends

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

Cross platform games will be held back by the Series S GPU and RAM, PS5 CPU, and everything on the Nintendo Switch and low end PCs

'TLOU/Uncharted/Horizon Zero Dawn Vs Halo/GoW'

You're better than that

hubbuh

Really? Surely there's far more interesting stuff on both consoles than those 5.

rcoobc

'TLOU/Uncharted/Horizon Zero Dawn Vs Halo/GoW'

You're better than that
What do you mean? That's what it will come down to!

Do you want to play TLOU3, Uncharted 6 and HZD 3? Get a PS5

Do you want to play Halo 7, Gears of War X, etc, get a Xbox

I guess I should include Doom, Elder Scrolls and Fallout now. Although the latter two I have always found a very sub-par experience on console (any console)

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
What do you mean? That's what it will come down to!

Do you want to play TLOU3, Uncharted 6 and HZD 3? Get a PS5

Do you want to play Halo 7, Gears of War X, etc, get a Xbox

I guess I should include Doom, Elder Scrolls and Fallout now. Although the latter two I have always found a very sub-par experience on console (any console)
Hellblade 2, Avowed, State of Decay, Forza, Forza Horizon, Fable - even the ones we know nothing about are coming from highly thought of studios.

I agree looking at the exclusives is important but people shouldn't still represent it as Xbox has Gears and Halo and that's it. I'm not even sure they'll be the flagships this gen once the studios really gear up (GoW definitely shouldn't be, needs a rest / reboot)

rcoobc

Hellblade 2, Avowed, State of Decay, Forza, Forza Horizon, Fable - even the ones we know nothing about are coming from highly thought of studios.

I agree looking at the exclusives is important but people shouldn't still represent it as Xbox has Gears and Halo and that's it. I'm not even sure they'll be the flagships this gen once the studios really gear up (GoW definitely shouldn't be, needs a rest / reboot)
Oh fair enough. To be fair, you could say the same about Playstation too..

I remember being super excited about Fable (I was really interested in Lionhead studios as I was a big fan of Black and White). I didn't know Microsoft were still making Fable games? What is the most recent one?