Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bebe

With all the fanaticism over Xbox or PlayStation, it would seem it is actually gaming on the whole that has lost out.

Oversized consoles, overpriced games, pay to pay, more bugs than ever before, DLCs, season passes, exclusivity, servers closing down... there's a lot not to like right now and I can only see it getting worse.
I don't think the console war contributed to any of the factors you mentioned bar exclusivity. The pricing schemes (and schemes is the correct word), lack of quality control, ever increasing price etc have a lot more to do with consumers accepting corporate bs than anything else imo.

With all the stuff going on with Xbox it's amazing how Sony will take the W by default rather than because they did anything good with the PS5.
Pretty much. Sony have won two console generations in a row, by miles, without doing anything more than producing a dozen or so good to excellent single player games in a decade.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
So, catching up on some gaming rumours and it really does look like everything from Xbox is going multi platform. Which, in turn, means that they going to leave the console biz. We might get one more gen with a niche Xbox but that's it.

Personally, I think it's a real shame. I've been in the Xbox ecosystem since the first and it was my only console through the 360 and Xbox one. Ultimately, they just couldn't compete with the brand power of PS and Nintendo. Especially, on a world wide basis.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So, catching up on some gaming rumours and it really does look like everything from Xbox is going multi platform. Which, in turn, means that they going to leave the console biz. We might get one more gen with a niche Xbox but that's it.

Personally, I think it's a real shame. I've been in the Xbox ecosystem since the first and it was my only console through the 360 and Xbox one. Ultimately, they just couldn't compete with the brand power of PS and Nintendo. Especially, on a world wide basis.
It's not like Sony are killing it right now either. Lots of people are looking at them sideways too. It's just that Xbox really really really fecked these last 2 gens up badly with numerous bad decisions.

Who knows what happens..... but it's fair to say. PS5 > XBox

redcucumber

Gaming is shit nowadays. Very casual thing to say but it feels meh. Elden Ring DLC hopefully goes off.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
It's not like Sony are killing it right now either. Lots of people are looking at them sideways too. It's just that Xbox really really really fecked these last 2 gens up badly with numerous bad decisions.

Who knows what happens..... but it's fair to say. PS5 > XBox
PS will be fine as a baseline. They have 100 million sales on lock basically for this gen and future gens. I know they have other issues with thin margins etc but actually selling consoles is not an issue. If xbox could sell 100 million consoles then they would need this strategy shift.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Gaming is shit nowadays. Very casual thing to say but it feels meh. Elden Ring DLC hopefully goes off.
Last year was an amazing year for great games and I’ve already played a few bangers this year too. I just think the big publishers are cnuts but the industry itself is in a good place, especially with indie devs and the likes of Larian.