Gaming PSVR2

giggs-beckham

Clueless
And a video on YouTube said the oculus is better I dunno. It all looks cool though, but goes over my head.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Dunno but Sony need to up their game considerably if and when the PSVR2 is released.

I bought my son an Oculus Quest 2 for Christmas, my PSVR was for sale literally days later. The Oculus is such a superior bit of kit in every way.

GBBQ

Sony sent me an adapter for the camera so my psvr would work with the PS5. I’m guessing they wouldn’t do that if psvr2 is close to release.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Dunno but Sony need to up their game considerably if and when the PSVR2 is released.

I bought my son an Oculus Quest 2 for Christmas, my PSVR was for sale literally days later. The Oculus is such a superior bit of kit in every way.
Yea it did look better from the video I watched. The games look a bit basic though graphics wise.

Volumiza

Yea it did look better from the video I watched. The games look a bit basic though graphics wise.
The graphics look better but for me it was the controllers and stability of the tracking that stood head and shoulders above PSVR.

The PSVR is the only bit of tech that I don’t feel I got my money’s worth out of. It was initially impressive enough for a few 15 minutes ‘wow this is cool’ sessions but SuperHot VR and Beat Sabre aside there was little to keep me interested other than tech demos.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

What do you expect with the Quest 2 being released in October 2020 and the PSVR being released four years earlier in 2016. It'd be shocking if it wasn't a superior bit of kit in every way. When PSVR2 is released it'll have improvements over its predecessor like being wireless (or vastly reduced in wires), new controller, in built tracking etc.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
The graphics look better but for me it was the controllers and stability of the tracking that stood head and shoulders above PSVR.

The PSVR is the only bit of tech that I don’t feel I got my money’s worth out of. It was initially impressive enough for a few 15 minutes ‘wow this is cool’ sessions but SuperHot VR and Beat Sabre aside there was little to keep me interested other than tech demos.
Sorry I meant the graphics of vr in general seem poor compared to normal games on ps4/5?

Ainu

I find the criticism that PSVR has little to keep you interested other than tech demos curious, considering it has a number of fully featured titles that are among the best VR experiences available. Resident Evil 7 in VR is hands down the greatest horror game experience I've ever had. Dirt Rally VR is the entire game, in VR, and it's stupendous. Astro Bot VR is a full title and is a brilliant and inventive platformer that gives you that childlike joy normally reserved for Nintendo's platformers. Skyrim and No Man's Sky are playable in VR from start to finish. Add to that games like Blood & Truth, Farpoint, Wipeout Omega Collection, Tetris Effect and Rez Infinite. All of these are actual games instead of tech demos.

VR in general is short on fully featured content but PSVR is arguably doing better than the other platforms in that regard.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I find the criticism that PSVR has little to keep you interested other than tech demos curious, considering it has a number of fully featured titles that are among the best VR experiences available. Resident Evil 7 in VR is hands down the greatest horror game experience I've ever had. Dirt Rally VR is the entire game, in VR, and it's stupendous. Astro Bot VR is a full title and is a brilliant and inventive platformer that gives you that childlike joy normally reserved for Nintendo's platformers. Skyrim and No Man's Sky are playable in VR from start to finish. Add to that games like Blood & Truth, Farpoint, Wipeout Omega Collection, Tetris Effect and Rez Infinite. All of these are actual games instead of tech demos.

VR in general is short on fully featured content but PSVR is arguably doing better than the other platforms in that regard.
Yup. People don't half talk nonsense.

Volumiza

What do you expect with the Quest 2 being released in October 2020 and the PSVR being released four years earlier in 2016. It'd be shocking if it wasn't a superior bit of kit in every way. When PSVR2 is released it'll have improvements over its predecessor like being wireless (or vastly reduced in wires), new controller, in built tracking etc.
Of course, and I’m looking forward to the PSVR2. Really hope it’s wireless a la Quest 2. Makes such a difference.

I think I’ve been a bit disappointed with VR gaming in general so far. SuperHot and Beat Sabre aside. I’ve got more enjoyment out of tech demos than games.

Resi 7 could have been incredible, great graphics and scary as hell, for me it’s just the controls that spoil things. Same with Waking Dead.

Redlambs

Of course, and I’m looking forward to the PSVR2. Really hope it’s wireless a la Quest 2. Makes such a difference.

I think I’ve been a bit disappointed with VR gaming in general so far. SuperHot and Beat Sabre aside. I’ve got more enjoyment out of tech demos than games.

Resi 7 could have been incredible, great graphics and scary as hell, for me it’s just the controls that spoil things. Same with Waking Dead.
What's wrong with the controls in Resi 7? Because it uses the controller?

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout

Do you have this? Apparently it's one of the best VR and Tetris experiences. I was given some free vouchers from work at Christmas and bought it mainly for the Tetris Effect Connected DLC that is coming to PS4 in the summer. I think some of the Xboxers have it but I would love to play some PS redcafers. I've yet to play it but I'll set up the PSVR soon to give it a spin.

Bojan11

Do you have this? Apparently it's one of the best VR and Tetris experiences. I was given some free vouchers from work at Christmas and bought it mainly for the Tetris Effect Connected DLC that is coming to PS4 in the summer. I think some of the Xboxers have it but I would love to play some PS redcafers. I've yet to play it but I'll set up the PSVR soon to give it a spin.
@esmufc07 is not paying £30 for Tetris.

Ainu

No, it's one of those that's been on my list for ages but I haven't actually bought it yet. I've never been a Tetris guy but everything I've read about this in VR has made me very curious. It's supposed to be incredible.

Ainu

I struggled with turning using the shoulder buttons. I just ended up playing non vr version. Great game, need to go back to that at some point.
I just played it standing up, never touching the right joystick and physically turning around instead of using any buttons for that. It worked perfectly like that and gives you a sense of place that's unlike any other game. Only problem is you need to stay aware of the cable and step over it every so often. That's why going wireless is the most obvious and significant improvement I can think of.

I can't play any VR game and use controls to turn or manipulate the camera, that's when you're brain starts going "feck this"!

Redlambs

I struggled with turning using the shoulder buttons. I just ended up playing non vr version. Great game, need to go back to that at some point.
I just played it standing up, never touching the right joystick and physically turning around instead of using any buttons for that. It worked perfectly like that and gives you a sense of place that's unlike any other game. Only problem is you need to stay aware of the cable and step over it every so often. That's why going wireless is the most obvious and significant improvement I can think of.

I can't play any VR game and use controls to turn or manipulate the camera, that's when you're brain starts going "feck this"!
Yeah this. The reason Resi7 VR is not only one of the best VR games, but one of the best games of the entire generation is that it uses the DS so you can stand up and physically move around a bit. It really opened up what VR was and is capable of, but sadly people slept on that.

The Aim too was a great innovation but thanks to Sony being morons like Nintendo and M$ with certain hardware, it wasn't pushed enough.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sorry I meant the graphics of vr in general seem poor compared to normal games on ps4/5?
Yeah this is what had deterred me from it (as well as the Facebook shit). You're just not going to get a open world stuff like No Man's Sky and Skyrim or anything with graphics like Blood and Truth, Squadrons or Hitman 3. I'll be waiting for PSVR2 it seems. It'll be at least as year away...

afrocentricity

Shoulder buttons? Just turn in real life :confused:

Bosws87

Yeah this is what had deterred me from it (as well as the Facebook shit). You're just not going to get a open world stuff like No Man's Sky and Skyrim or anything with graphics like Blood and Truth, Squadrons or Hitman 3. I'll be waiting for PSVR2 it seems. It'll be at least as year away...
Graphics really aren't the be all and end all in VR, because of how immersive it is, it's nowhere near as important as you would imagine.

Half life Alyx is the VR killer a port on to consoles would be incredible.

afrocentricity

Graphics really aren't the be all and end all in VR, because of how immersive it is, it's nowhere near as important as you would imagine.

Half life Alyx is the VR killer a port on to consoles would be incredible.
You ain't gotta explain the immersion of VR to me mate, been using it 3+ years. I don't want mobile quality games I want fully fledged AAA quality shit going forward... Sony have set expectations for me.

Bosws87

You ain't gotta explain the immersion of VR to me mate, been using it 3+ years. I don't want mobile quality games I want fully fledged AAA quality shit going forward... Sony have set expectations for me.
Well thats a shame as Valve are leading the expectations.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
When it gets to that point is when I'll fully invest in VR.

afrocentricity

Well thats a shame as Valve are leading the expectations.
Yeah I wanna play HLA badly, was hoping we'd get VR L4D and Portal too... Those would be more likely to go to a PSVR2 than a Quest 3 though.

Volumiza

Shoulder buttons? Just turn in real life :confused:
Why do I feel like I missed a massive trick here? I used the incremental shoulder button turn. Was the full movement an update?