Qatar Bollocks (AKA Qatar consider MUFC takeover?)

Q80

Theres a text circulating in Kuwait right now that the Qatari governments official investment group are seriously considering taking over Manchester United Football Club.

Now whether this is true or bollocks I have no idea, I just got this text and so did my mates. I spoke to my mate in Qatar and he didnt deny it and says theres word going around about this being a possibility.

Anyone hear anything in the UK? Nothing on SSN thus far.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
You thought this shit was worthy of starting a thread?

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Nope nothing here in the UK, this maybe a silly question but are the Qataris rich enough to buy a club like United...

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
There was a rumour today they were going to buy Newcastle today.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Hopefully the Qatari sheikh is considerably richer than sheikh Mansoor of Abu Dhabi/Dubai lols

Gambit

Hopefully the Qatari sheikh is considerably richer than sheikh Mansoor of Abu Dhabi/Dubai lols
Doesn't matter, if you free up the amount United have had to spend on debt we could easily compete with anyone. Don't know if I want this though if it's true. The Glazers for all their debt have run the club fantastically from a hands off point of view. Dueling Sheiks who might get pissed of for the odd bad result is very scary to me.

Gambit

What, the whole place?

I reckon this will either be a story that will run for a while and turn out to be bullshit or is already complete bullshit!!!
Yes he whole place. Part of their giving the new world cp stadium to poorer areas plan apparently.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I hope to God this is true, but there was a story in the Mail linking Qatar with buying one of Utd, Barca or Real - this story might have been picked up from the Mail and spread like wild fire in Qatar (hope I'm wrong though)

Gambit

I hope to God this is true, but there was a story in the Mail linking Qatar with buying one of Utd, Barca or Real - this story might have been picked up from the Mail and spread like wild fire in Qatar (hope I'm wrong though)
You can't buy Barca or Real Madrid.

Q80

You thought this shit was worthy of starting a thread?
Other people are interested, you on the other hand can piss off if you're not.

Nope nothing here in the UK, this maybe a silly question but are the Qataris rich enough to buy a club like United...
Hopefully the Qatari sheikh is considerably richer than sheikh Mansoor of Abu Dhabi/Dubai
lols
Oh yeh theyre rich. They'll be spending loads for the world cup, so they definitely packin a punch.

Mate, anything but the Glazers.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You can't buy Barca or Real Madrid.
According to the Daily Fail, apparently you can. That's why we should take this story with a pinch of salt if the story has been lifted from the Mail.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Other people are interested, you on the other hand can piss off if you're not.
Theres a text circulating right now that you're a gullible prick.

Now whether this is true or bollocks I have no idea, I just got this text and so did my mates. I spoke to my mate and he didnt deny it and says theres word going around about this being a possibility.

Anyone hear anything in the UK? Nothing on UK Gold thus far.

Gambit

According to the Daily Fail, apparently you can. That's why we should take this story with a pinch of salt if the story has been lifted from the Mail.
It does seem a bit 2+2=5. United went and trained in Doha last year and Fergie supported their bid therefore we are being purchased by Qatar.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Does this mean we get to host the World Cup?

Q80

Daiy fail to Kuwait?

Bit of a stretch .. Doubt anyone here even heard of the mail.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What a great way to develop interest in Qatar without having to spend a penny.

Q80

Theres a text circulating right now that you're a gullible prick.

Now whether this is true or bollocks I have no idea, I just got this text and so did my mates. I spoke to my mate and he didnt deny it and says theres word going around about this being a possibility.

Anyone hear anything in the UK? Nothing on UK Gold thus far.
Almost spilled my drink cuz of your funny post.

Easy boy.

What a twat lol. Go back to your cave.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
I read an article not long ago about the Qataris being involved in the deal to pay of the PIK loans. Although that had no sources and seemed to be making itself up as it went.

K Stand Knut

I read an article not long ago about the Qataris being involved in the deal to pay of the PIK loans. Although that had no sources and seemed to be making itself up as it went.
You should have started another thread about this. There is about as much truth in that as the 'text' message that is currently going around Qatar